Geordie Shore Season 2

Super_Saints

Newton wont be coming to us, he is championship bound i think.. the deal would of been done today if it was happening. With this squad we are really going to struggle im afraid, piss poor. We would of been better off keeping players like Imrie and Carey if this is going to be the shape of our squad.

So u aren't happy with signings of harkins and grainger?

I am confident we will get both loan players next week and we will have a very good squad for the season

It's a poor effort.

One striker and Reilly is a midfield player who plays in the hole just off the front.

Brady is untried and didn't play many minutes pre-season.

We need another TWO strikers to come in.

This is a nonsense going into the first game of the season.

God help us if anything happens to Thommo

Nice side step to the question

Would u rather we just told Newcastle now or never with Newton and Campbell and then went for lesser players ?

I personally think signing grainger and harkins are 2 great signing for any non old firm team and the resigning of Paul McGowan 3 great bits of business.

I never side stepped anything , the jury's still out on the fitness of Grainger and the attitude of Harkins. I'll tell you in a month if they're worthwhile additions !

Get the feeling it's the players rather than the clubs that are stalling this deal. Don't like the 'last resort' feeling- this has been dragging on for weeks. Hope DL has other targets lined up that want to come and play for us as soon as possible.

It looks that way.

Newton will want to go to a higher level i feel as he has been here.

Campbell is highly rated and i think will be looking a Championship team as he was on the fringes of Newcastle first team.

Hugely disappointing close season in terms of signings and results, with so many players released I expected at least 3 more signings - a striker and a centre half were essential. We only have one striker ffs, young Reilly is untried and from what I've seen I seriously doubt he has it as this level, too lightweight and like a wee boy lost. I believe that the board have looked to Hearts losing 15pts and thought that they could go with a threadbare squad. It's going to be a long season of more painful watching I'm afraid.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Black & White Army mobile app

Edited by Dweezboy

I am starting to wonder if the link with Newcastle is worth it?. Having said that Inverness aside our next game is against Celtic but they play Liverpool so that sort of does give us an extra week. Don't think any team from scotland bar st.johnstone have done them selfs any justice. Dundee U and Patrick thistle looked nothing special hibs were terrible against Malmo. Motherwell did not do that well pre season or in Europe. Inverness have lost alot of players and Ross county have made alot of changes. Hearts will start 15 points behind all the rest. Top 6 out but think we should be safe all the same. Still disappointed we did not build on a cup winning side again.

I am starting to wonder if the link with Newcastle is worth it?. Having said that Inverness aside our next game is against Celtic but they play Liverpool so that sort of does give us an extra week. Don't think any team from scotland bar st.johnstone have done them selfs any justice. Dundee U and Patrick thistle looked nothing special hibs were terrible against Malmo. Motherwell did not do that well pre season or in Europe. Inverness have lost alot of players and Ross county have made alot of changes. Hearts will start 15 points behind all the rest. Top 6 out but think we should be safe all the same. Still disappointed we did not build on a cup winning side again.

What a crazy statement so you don't think Newton and dummett benefited our club ?

Some of our fans really frustrate me at times

Disappointed not to have a new striker in but happy if Danny takes time to get the right player. We didn't rush out and sign any left back available and ending up getting Grainger who if fit should be a great asset.

We can sign pish like Parkin, Guy or Wardlaw any day of the week. If getting Campbell or another decent striker takes longer I'm relaxed about that. Would rather have quality for 37 matches than rubbish for 38.

We only have Parkin and guy still to replace from last season. It wouldn't exactly have been a huge loss if they were still here but weren't available for ICT.

Guy scored the opener against ICT last season and Parkin scored an important early season goal at Dundee. It turned out that they weren't good enough but they contributed before Isma came along. If we had gone in last season with just Thommo up front there would have been an outcry , and rightly so. Danny has messed up with his dilly dallying, and the quicker everyone sees that the better !

I am starting to wonder if the link with Newcastle is worth it?. Having said that Inverness aside our next game is against Celtic but they play Liverpool so that sort of does give us an extra week. Don't think any team from scotland bar st.johnstone have done them selfs any justice. Dundee U and Patrick thistle looked nothing special hibs were terrible against Malmo. Motherwell did not do that well pre season or in Europe. Inverness have lost alot of players and Ross county have made alot of changes. Hearts will start 15 points behind all the rest. Top 6 out but think we should be safe all the same. Still disappointed we did not build on a cup winning side again.FFS

FFS, written off before we even kick a baw.

Guy scored the opener against ICT last season and Parkin scored an important early season goal at Dundee. It turned out that they weren't good enough but they contributed before Isma came along. If we had gone in last season with just Thommo up front there would have been an outcry , and rightly so. Danny has messed up with his dilly dallying, and the quicker everyone sees that the better !

So we need a striker that can score a couple of goals at the beginning of season and doesn't matter what he does for the rest of it.1eye.gif