Geordie Shore Season 2

Super_Saints

Guy & Parkin were hardly a wasted wages. They started 35 games between them, scoring 9 goals and creating a number of others. Sam Parkin's contribution to the triumph in the League Cup win at Pittodrie was crucial for example and he provided direct cover for Thompson. Parkin has scored 109 league goals in 281 appearances in his career. He was an fantastic squad player to call on.

Yes, it would be great to get in someone like Campbell, but even having just him isn't enough. We need more than just 2 forwards! You need a squad of players!

You're right Andy we need at least 4 forwards at the club.

I wondering if Billy G is right and Danny is getting replaced by Craig Levein

It's starting to add up 4-6-0 is the way to gowhistling.gif

I haven't got a problem with that but if he's going to do that give them game time.

Brady has hardly played pre-season

If the plan was to use Brady regularly this season then you'd think he'd have got some game time at the end of last season, even started the Killie game plus been given game time in pre-season.

That first season gave us insight into the type of player that Lennon would sign on his own.

Thompson & Teale were handed to him on a plate. McGowan was on Old Firm loaned, a route we'd gone down before. Indeed, Gus had tried before to get McGowan.

McAusland & Van Zanten were forced on him, Isma came from a backroom staff contact and Tommy Craig got the Newcastle loanees.

Lennon's signing have all been out the lucky bag. He did get "lucky" with one or two, eg Samson, Hasselbaink & Tesselaar (although only signed the last 2 on 1 year deals).

The rest have been shite!

That first season gave us insight into the type of player that Lennon would sign on his own.

Thompson & Teale were handed to him on a plate. McGowan was on Old Firm loaned, a route we'd gone down before. Indeed, Gus had tried before to get McGowan.

McAusland & Van Zanten were forced on him, Isma came from a backroom staff contact and Tommy Craig got the Newcastle loanees.

Lennon's signing have all been out the lucky bag. He did get "lucky" with one or two, eg Samson, Hasselbaink & Tesselaar (although only signed the last 2 on 1 year deals).

The rest have been shite!

And no other manager in Scotland has ever used contacts within their club.:rolleyes:

DL should be congratulated for assembling such a strong backroom team. ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Black & White Army mobile app

The chairman is very quiet at the moment after stating Lennon would have a bigger budget to work with this season.

What exactly do you think he should be saying?

There is a bigger budget, but the manager hasn't seen fit to spend it. Yet.

If we're still in a similar situation as we are at present with our playing personnel after the transfer window shuts, then I will criticise. Up until then I'll bide my time and see what transpires between now and then.

The squad should be in place for the season starting, not waiting till the end of August.

In an ideal situation. Most definitely,

Unfortunately we don't operate in an ideal situation. Nor do some other clubs who will sign additional players between now and the end of the transfer window.

However, I do feel that we should have an additional experienced striker in by now.

Couldn't agree more. If Thommo gets injured or suspended we are f**ked.

Even if it came to that, we don't have a game for two weeks after today.

Unless DL is trying to get himself sacked, you would we will sign an experienced striker over the next two weeks, even if we secure the services of Campbell.

Even if it came to that, we don't have a game for two weeks after today.

But as FTOF said, we should have the new striker in place now. Bringing one in over the next two weeks and throwing him in at the deep end isn't a great idea.

I think it's more his targets that have been dilly dallying over wither they want to sign for us.

On all seriousness that is spot on. Its all very well identifying targets and having discussions but in the end it comes down to the players to decide if they want to sign, Granger for example was contacted before the end of the season and decided to check out other options (cant really blame him if it means more money), Loan deals for Watt and Campbell dragged on and on (and still are) not due to us. Sure it would have been better to get these guys in earlier, but its not always that easy.

How are the young players ever going to get a chance if we just keep ignoring them and sign others ?

We have Reilly and Brady 2 young very promising strikers

Reilly and Brady are very promising strikers and will get game time this season regardless of who comes in, However the question is are they ready to take on the responsibility of being our main goal treat?

Reilly and Brady are very promising strikers and will get game time this season regardless of who comes in, However the question is are they ready to take on the responsibility of being our main goal treat?

Reilly and Brady ffs lol.

They need to be given game time and given the opportunity to develope, alas some of our knickerwetting fans dont have the patience to see beyond one game and one defeat.

Young players can sometimes take time to adjust but it's worth the wait and the risk to see them progress.

They need to be given game time and given the opportunity to develope, alas some of our knickerwetting fans dont have the patience to see beyond one game and one defeat.

Young players can sometimes take time to adjust but it's worth the wait and the risk to see them progress.

You're not suggesting that JJ is taking shite are you whistling.gif

I agree Brady and Reilly are promising but not ready yet. I just hope with the extra week because of Celtics joke game against liverpool we use that time to get a striker. Would still like to see CB in with Barron and mair going. I would also like to see naismith getting more game time out of all the young boys he looks most promising especially with vanzy struggling.

I really would love to see us get relegated, only IF we can develope (sic) some young players, it'll have been worth it.

I can't believe any one who supports a team wants them to get relegated. Young players will get there chance but I don't want to watch another 10 years of first division football do you?. if so f-ck off and support falkirk,Hamilton, or even servco that way U can have a year of second division football too.

Edited by leolovesstmfc

I really would love to see us get relegated, only IF we can develope (sic) some young players, it'll have been worth it.

Crazy statement how would it be worth it am all for playing youth but a dont get ur being relegated would be worth it would set the club back years and probably cut the under 20s squad in half at least