Adam Campbell Tonight

GMBB

Personally think tonight is a fantastic opportunity for us Saints fans to absolutely rock St Mirren park tonight and show this young lad that his next seasons football development should be here in the pride of Renfrewshire. Looks light he is set to start up front with Cisse. If we can create a great atmosphere and leave a lasting impression whilst attaining a respectfull result I think we may be in with a chance.

LETS DO THIS.

Just a shame it was listed originally as the U21s for Newcastle. Hopefully there's been a late surge. wink.png

To be fair, the club were originally told it was the U-21's and weren't told that the first team were coming up until a few days ago.

Well I'm going with my Uncle and 3 of my friends. None of the 5 of us were going to go until it was announced the first team were coming up. 1 of my pals isn't even a Saints fans, just wants to see the Newcastle players, and I'm sure he's not the only one. Could be a decent turn out.

To be fair, the club were originally told it was the U-21's and weren't told that the first team were coming up until a few days ago.

Not having a go at the club, or Newcastle. Just that the initial billing of the game has put a lot of people off going, or maybe to put it more accurately, has failed to entice the crowd it might have. Still time, as stated, for a late rush.

Not having a go at the club, or Newcastle. Just that the initial billing of the game has put a lot of people off going, or maybe to put it more accurately, has failed to entice the crowd it might have. Still time, as stated, for a late rush.

No probs.

At least you were intelligent enough to understood what I was getting at.whistling.gif

Back on topic. I believe the Newcastle U-20's were using our training ground last week before their game v Killie. I'm sure Peter Beardsley will have fed back how good the facilities are.

Personally think tonight is a fantastic opportunity for us Saints fans to absolutely rock St Mirren park tonight and show this young lad that his next seasons football development should be here in the pride of Renfrewshire. Looks light he is set to start up front with Cisse. If we can create a great atmosphere and leave a lasting impression whilst attaining a respectfull result I think we may be in with a chance.

LETS DO THIS.

LOL!

LETS DO THIS.

I see your point my forum friend I see your point indeed.

I must ask though, why lie to the lad?

Would it not be fairer if the game had been played in a flat atmosphere, so flat that the player himself could hear the constant stream of abusive remarks aimed at him.

At the end of the day he would at least know what is letting himself in for!!!!!

Seemed to have plenty pace. I'd take him even though on tonite's showing he is no better than our own boys. Perhaps that says more about Reily and Brady then it does about Campbell

He's streets ahead of them. He would be a fabulous signing.

Wee Thomas did well tonight, couple of slack touches out wide but overall I though he did well.

He wasn't on long enough to allow for much of an assessment, and I thought he was being played on the wing as opposed to up front.

Looked fast, certainly, and clearly has mobility that we are lacking up front.

Thought saints looked good tonight. Grainger looked alright need to get him crossing more even Goodwin at back looked ok. Reily looked promising up front as good as cambell if in honest just not as fast. Cheesey done well in fact all the saints done well. Teal and Thompson struggled a bit but look at the calibre of the the team we were playing and in teal's case a lb that knows him inside out. Just still think we still need a striker and CB?.

Edited by leolovesstmfc

And therein lies the problem.

It clearly isn't down to Saints as to whether or not this will happen.

We can but cross our fingers.

Well, I suppose we couldn't have put ourselves in a better position for it to happen, given the success of last season's loanees, and the rep that's given us around St.James Park.