Adam Campbell Tonight

GMBB

Was it not the case that another couple of SPL clubs were reported to be in for Grainger at the 11th hour?

I wouldn't be too concerned about this alleged development. As far as I'm aware, Motherwell don't have an established link with Newcastle, and we have very good recent form with loans from the EPL club. I'd say we're in the box seat.

Edited by Drew

GMBB wrote:

If they send campbell to another SPL team they may aswell cancel the agreement as it would make a mockery of it knowing fine well we want him.

What would be the point of it.

The 'agreement' with us didn't stop them sending 2 players to St Johnstone last season did it?

(Aren't St Johnstone an SPL team BTW? *innocent face)

Edited by JP87

Well, if Campbell goes to....aherm, 'Well, then it pretty much exposes a gaping hole in the club's signing strategy. Something a few of us have already hinted at.

I suspect he will come to Saints, but I am way past pinning any hope on that. Relying on loan deals was and remains a high risk strategy, and if it blows up in our faces, no-one should be remotely surprised.

is this how bad it has gotten? desperate to sign an unproven 18 year old midget to save us?

Sadly we're now leaving it to other clubs to help us get things right on the pitch , instead of going out , identifying targets and signing them. There were plenty players available and other SPL clubs seem to be getting some promising ones in , while we sit and wait on Kinnear and Pardew to throw us some crumbs ! mad.gif

Don't forget that they seem to have good contacts at Newcastle too , probably because Tommy Wright had two spells there as a player !

As stated earlier though, it kind of defeats the purpose of having an affiliation with them if we ask to take 2 guys on loan and they instead farm them out to another SPL club. However I see your point and they have European football this year, could be a factor I guess.

Its all becoming a bit embarrassing, really.

It seems we have allowed ourselves to get to the stage of sweating over an 11th hour loan signing to throw us some form of lifeline. And that comes after ONE MATCH!

I am struggling to muster up any real enthusiasm for seeing this lad play even if he does sign, because it shouldn't have come to this.

Brian Caldwell and the BoD can talk all they want about the importance of people signing up for a season ticket, but they have to drum up interest and enthusiasm. I can't recall a less inspiring pre-season, to be honest.

It is becoming a farce, sadly.

Its all becoming a bit embarrassing, really.

It seems we have allowed ourselves to get to the stage of sweating over an 11th hour loan signing to throw us some form of lifeline. And that comes after ONE MATCH!

I am struggling to muster up any real enthusiasm for seeing this lad play even if he does sign, because it shouldn't have come to this.

Brian Caldwell and the BoD can talk all they want about the importance of people signing up for a season ticket, but they have to drum up interest and enthusiasm. I can't recall a less inspiring pre-season, to be honest.

It is becoming a farce, sadly.

It does seem to be the case Drew, and all those pm's that we got in the last couple of weeks , were just a lota shite. .

It does seem to be the case Drew, and all those pm's that we got in the last couple of weeks , were just a lota shite. .

Aye, the only things that are "bubbling away" are a fair bit of anger and frustration, it seems.

If he goes to St Johnstone then there's got to be some serious questions asked about this alleged 'affiliation' with Newcastle and the bargaining skills of DL and the board (or whoever deals with getting loanees in). St Johnstone are a team of equal stature to us playing in the same league, the only advantage you could see is that they may qualify for the Europa League. If the fact that Dummet and Newton did so well here and had so many good things to say about the club doesn't help us get other young Newcastle players in then there's really not an affiliation.

Edited by irvine_buddie