Adam Campbell Tonight

GMBB

If it's down to Campbell to choose surely stories of Dummet and Newton partying all week in Paisley as heroes will sell him on the real Saints.

Ach, just put him up in a flat in Johnstone and tell him he's playing for the Saints. He'll be none the wiser until half way through the season, anyway.wink.png

So its looking like both deals aint happening then?

I think we were thinking more along the lines of players being signed on full contracts, or at least having players in place by now.

The loan deals could well still happen, but I had said I would be flabbergasted if we hadn't signed a left back (done) and at least one striker prior to the start of the season (ETA: I thought this was the simple common sense position). We didn't sign that striker(s), and I would be flabbergasted if I had the energy.

As I've said elsewhere, I have never believed that we should be reliant on loan deals. When they happen, that's fine, and if they are successful, that's great.

For me, we should have been sitting today feeling fairly content with the squad and thinking that it would be a wee bonus if Campbell and Newton joined that number. It strikes me as incomprehensible that we are crossing our fingers, hoping that these lads will choose our club over St Johnstone or Motherwell, because, if they don't, the baw's burst.

What a shambles.

Edited by Drew

I completely agree with Drew, the loan deals should be looked on as icing on the cake - however it appears the BoD / management think we have a good nucleus of a team already and if we don't do any more business then, we have a squad that will see us through the season.

Now I completely understand SG's stance that he doesn't want to run a ship that runs into debt, I also understand that they want to make ends meet, but as many have said, both Inverness and Ross County run basically the same model and they are well ahead of us in terms of players brought in and a settled line-up that appear competitive.

There are enough dissenting voices in the supporters arena that share the doubt that we are going to struggle this year (again) unless we bring in two or three new faces (that aren't just panic buys)!