Adam Campbell Tonight

GMBB

The question is, would Jesus be any better then we've got already - is he a proven goal scorer?

He's not so good with crosses!

If we get this lad,and he is all we hope,then it will be brilliant.However I get a horrible deja vu feeling reading this thread and keep getting flashbacks to the last messiah that we chased,Aaron Mooy.I am ever hopeful,but like many I feel we are completely theadbare this season and will need a lot of luck to finish 10th or above.Cant see top 6,and can definitely see me checking other teams results every week from week 1 hoping that other teams are doing us a favour.......Is it fun?....No--its just all about supporting the Saints at the moment and hoping that there is a strategy and that it will work!!

If we get this lad,and he is all we hope,then it will be brilliant.However I get a horrible deja vu feeling reading this thread and keep getting flashbacks to the last messiah that we chased,Aaron Mooy.I am ever hopeful,but like many I feel we are completely theadbare this season and will need a lot of luck to finish 10th or above.Cant see top 6,and can definitely see me checking other teams results every week from week 1 hoping that other teams are doing us a favour.......Is it fun?....No--its just all about supporting the Saints at the moment and hoping that there is a strategy and that it will work!!

This Aaron Mooy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUKMlX5vHwI

Undoubted ability, like Carey, too, odd that we now seem to have a habit of being unable to get these guys to work.

Edited by BLF

So, no further noises regarding Campbell.

While there is no news that he has signed on elsewhere, I suppose that is a good thing, but the days are passing and we still haven't strengthened up front.

There is no scope for fannying about here. I'm not expecting the club to announce the identity of a striker (or two, preferably) that they might be chasing, but I hope the wheels are in motion on this. There is only so many times we can repeat this refrain, but, with each passing day, the need becomes greater, and the urgency more acute.

Even a player in the Parkin mould - ie: been around the block a bit, scores from time to time, and looking for a contract - would be progress. As things stand, we are screwed. This isn't knicker-wetting, simply a common sense appraisal of the current situation.

Sounds a bit like knicker-wetting to me, don't you recall that lovestreet has said things bubbling away?

So, no further noises regarding Campbell.

I think from what Danny said last night Newcastle haven't made a decision on whether to loan him or not. May depend on whether they sign another striker, with the Gomis deal up in the air.

If this is the only iron we've got in the fire, then I think it's a huge gamble from Danny.

I think from what Danny said last night Newcastle haven't made a decision on whether to loan him or not. May depend on whether they sign another striker, with the Gomis deal up in the air.

If this is the only iron we've got in the fire, then I think it's a huge gamble from Danny.

It had better NOT be the only iron in the fire!!

Kevin Kyle is available. I know hes injury prone but could he still temporarily do a job at this level?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Black & White Army mobile app

Similar player to Thompson but alot worse! It was quoted by DL and ST there looking for someone nimble with quick feet that can beat a man aswell as being able to find the net. Kyle does not come into any of those categories.

Kevin Kyle is a c**t. Reason enough not to sign him.

Add 'fat', 'has-been', and/or 'lazy' to that as you see fit. (Although the word 'fit' is definitely NOT an option for the fat lazy has-been c**t)

He's not fat. He's not a cnut. The others are open to debate.

Like when we were a goal down in the Cup final.  Danny stuck to his principles and it payed of.  Some times it does sometimes it does not.  

in the final we changed to go 442, why does he always try to start with a different set up when it's been 442 that gave us success?

Not too fussed if we miss out on Campbell. I'd rather we got someone more experienced in, the kids just turned 18 for goodness sake.

Who was the last 18 year old striker to have a good season in the SPL?

I hope we do get him. He seems to be a real talent. The Thommohawk paired with a lightning quick talented kid excites me.