Adam Campbell Tonight

GMBB

You have to laugh....one game in, 1 defeat..sack the manager, shit squad blah blah blah.

As I mentioned in another thread, it wouldn't surprise me if we go on to have a successful season, and before anyone mentions it, I dont mean by avoiding relegation. What I mean as that we will finish in a respectable position.

Id rather be in our position than be in hearts or others like hibs.

Under fire pay fenlon was given 200k to bring in a new striker. In not sure I would be comfortable pissing away moneh like that if I was a hibs fan.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Black & White Army mobile app

We probably need some kind of knicker wetting scale to allow us to grade posts. For example:-

1 - Posters of Danny on wall and wardrobe fully stocked with Kleenex.

2 - Ach well at least life is still generally great.

3 - Small dribble. Not enough to show on your trousers but leaving you self conscious when you are taking tea with the vicar.

4 - Using online comparison sites to check nappy prices.

5 - Having to plan trips of greater than 20 minutes duration around known functional public toilets.

6 - Planning trips around non functional public toilets.

7 - Planning trips around toilets which include those standalone ones in the street which you pay 20p to enter.

8 - General lack of remembering about what it's like to have dry trousers.

9 - Shoplifting clothes from charity shops just to get your hands on something dry.

10 - Catheter and matching bag in place (Abercrombie and Fitch of course). Ready to fillet fans of opposing teams, wife, pets and children.

I may just be at that age but I'm on 3 shutup.gif

Just thinking about the amount of money splurged on not very good strikers or people with reputations who simply didn't deliver over the last few years. Would anyone agree that it is probably best to go without than to spend money on someone who cant score?

Totally agree, when you look at some of the strikers that some people are suggesting that we sign, then God help us. There is no point in filling the squad with guys who won't be up to the job,especially when we have until the end of August to get the right quality.

We probably need some kind of knicker wetting scale to allow us to grade posts. For example:-

1 - Posters of Danny on wall and wardrobe fully stocked with Kleenex.

2 - Ach well at least life is still generally great.

3 - Small dribble. Not enough to show on your trousers but leaving you self conscious when you are taking tea with the vicar.

4 - Using online comparison sites to check nappy prices.

5 - Having to plan trips of greater than 20 minutes duration around known functional public toilets.

6 - Planning trips around non functional public toilets.

7 - Planning trips around toilets which include those standalone ones in the street which you pay 20p to enter.

8 - General lack of remembering about what it's like to have dry trousers.

9 - Shoplifting clothes from charity shops just to get your hands on something dry.

10 - Catheter and matching bag in place (Abercrombie and Fitch of course). Ready to fillet fans of opposing teams, wife, pets and children.

You really love the term knickerwetting dont you.

Great idea !

Just thinking about the amount of money splurged on not very good strikers or people with reputations who simply didn't deliver over the last few years.

Would anyone agree that it is probably best to go without than to spend money on someone who cant score?

It's all very well saying that with hingsight, but why would anyteam bring in a striker that can't score? We brought in Stevie Archibald many moons ago who scored everywhere he played until he got to Love Street.

Just thinking about the amount of money splurged on not very good strikers or people with reputations who simply didn't deliver over the last few years.

Would anyone agree that it is probably best to go without than to spend money on someone who cant score?

Buying any player is a gamble and most teams, including the top English clubs, have found that it does not always work out. Hibs have played 4 games and lost 11 goals and scored none. They bought a £200k player who has not yet found the net in the last 2 games so will the Hibs fans be judging him on those games? No, highly unlikely and he may end up being a success but also like Clayton Donaldson (scores lots of goals in the English lower leagues) may end up being an expensive flop.

Personally, I will wait to see the full squad and the quality of the opposition before considering how well we are likely to do. The buck stops with the manager and the board and if they fail to address certain issues (if they still exist post transfer window) then we will reap what we sew.

It's all very well saying that with hingsight, but why would anyteam bring in a striker that can't score? We brought in Stevie Archibald many moons ago who scored everywhere he played until he got to Love Street.

Steve Archibald was finished as a top player when he came to us and also was being well paid - no doubt where the motivation was to come to us.

Can't speak for anyone else, but if there's any moisture in my undergarments, it has nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with Adam Campbell and his talent or otherwise. Campbell by all accounts is a prospect all right, pacy, young, would be a great addition to the squad I'm sure. However, if he doesn't land here, I won't feel that we've just missed the next Alan Shearer. Hell, I'm not even looking for the next Alan Shearer. I'd be happy with the next Mark Yardley, Barry Lavety or John Sutton. I don't mean that as a sleight in any way - I would just like a good player, not a world beater, added up front.

No, my leaky dribbles are nothing to do with Campbell himself. They are everything to do with what I perceive to be St Mirren lagging behind other clubs, bringing up the rear, dragging our heels - however best to put it. I see Butcher buying a job lot of Johnny foreigners and unknowns (again), and having them ready to rumble from day one. Not after several games, not after Hearts have got a lift. I see Motherwell replace Higdon with Sutton, and bring in a new Estonian who has already hit the net twice. I see Partick Thistle making moves and hitting the ground running.

We always seem to be slow out of the blocks and before we know it, we're lots of points behind whoever the newly promoted side is (Dundee being the exception with little time to trump us in the transfer market. We're also sitting looking at ICT, the fakes, and Ross County and thinking 'how come other teams can dig up all these new players and look solid outfits aiming for Europe?'

That's my dampness issue. It seems to be the same old story. Trialists, other teams beating us to the punch, long drawn out sagas, piss-farting around and wallop - there goes Thistle over the horizon, hoping someone turns out to be worse than us... Same old?

Maybe it's just me. It certainly isn't to do with a Geordie teenager, I know that much.

Can't speak for anyone else, but if there's any moisture in my undergarments, it has nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with Adam Campbell and his talent or otherwise. Campbell by all accounts is a prospect all right, pacy, young, would be a great addition to the squad I'm sure. However, if he doesn't land here, I won't feel that we've just missed the next Alan Shearer. Hell, I'm not even looking for the next Alan Shearer. I'd be happy with the next Mark Yardley, Barry Lavety or John Sutton. I don't mean that as a sleight in any way - I would just like a good player, not a world beater, added up front.

No, my leaky dribbles are nothing to do with Campbell himself. They are everything to do with what I perceive to be St Mirren lagging behind other clubs, bringing up the rear, dragging our heels - however best to put it. I see Butcher buying a job lot of Johnny foreigners and unknowns (again), and having them ready to rumble from day one. Not after several games, not after Hearts have got a lift. I see Motherwell replace Higdon with Sutton, and bring in a new Estonian who has already hit the net twice. I see Partick Thistle making moves and hitting the ground running.

We always seem to be slow out of the blocks and before we know it, we're lots of points behind whoever the newly promoted side is (Dundee being the exception with little time to trump us in the transfer market. We're also sitting looking at ICT, the fakes, and Ross County and thinking 'how come other teams can dig up all these new players and look solid outfits aiming for Europe?'

That's my dampness issue. It seems to be the same old story. Trialists, other teams beating us to the punch, long drawn out sagas, piss-farting around and wallop - there goes Thistle over the horizon, hoping someone turns out to be worse than us... Same old?

Maybe it's just me. It certainly isn't to do with a Geordie teenager, I know that much.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts too. Well said.

After 2 games??????

seriously???????

Pretty much sums up my thoughts too. Well said.

We have a pair of fours.

One game played folks.

After 2 games??????

seriously???????

We have a pair of fours.

One game played folks.

Think you are missing the point. Every other team is ready to go with 0 games played and we are unlikely to be ready before the end of the transfer window comes round and we are already 4 or 5 games into the season.

After 2 games??????

seriously???????

After two games, seriously what? See Irvine Buddie's reply. ICT and Thistle clearly planned for the kick off, not two, three or four games after it. I think I made my point very clearly - not saying you need to agree with it, but I explained my concerns clearly enough.

I can guarantee I'll be saying the same thing as I am now and that is the following:-

Whatever will be will be.

Danny is the one with his head on the block.

He'll be judged against his decisions but only once the consequences of his decisions have been allowed to become clear.

If that means relegation then that's what it'll mean. It's why we hire managers and then delegate responsibilty for our clubs immediate future on the pitch to them.

IMO no manager should be sacked other than during the summer regardless of the performance of the team unless there is gross misconduct.

Me or any fan pissing themselves with worry will make no positive difference to anything.

Relegation is relegation. It's not life or death. It's happened before, it'll happen again almost certainly. Maybe this year maybe not.

The premise here is very simple. I want to enjoy watching football.

It's not enjoyable if I treat every match as a stressfest.

To make this even clearer. I'd rather stop going than get myself into the state some people are doing after just one match.

In fairness I've been posting along these lines for years.

So is it now your opinion that Danny Lennon's future with Saints will largely depend on this seasons league results?

Totally agree, when you look at some of the strikers that some people are suggesting that we sign, then God help us. There is no point in filling the squad with guys who won't be up to the job,especially when we have until the end of August to get the right quality.

You mean like every other close season since Danny got the job?

That's nigh on impossible given Hearts' points deduction.

It is not acceptable that we have started a season with only one striker on the books. I know of no other professional club which has ever done that, or would ever contemplate doing so. It doesn't matter who might or might not sign, we are two weeks into the season and anyone who does sign is likely not to be match fit, may not be fit at all if he hasn't had a pre-season, and will certainly need some time to bed into the club. There are simply no excuses to be made for this. End of.

That's nigh on impossible given Hearts' points deduction.

It is not acceptable that we have started a season with only one striker on the books. I know of no other professional club which has ever done that, or would ever contemplate doing so. It doesn't matter who might or might not sign, we are two weeks into the season and anyone who does sign is likely not to be match fit, may not be fit at all if he hasn't had a pre-season, and will certainly need some time to bed into the club. There are simply no excuses to be made for this. End of.

No its not its no where near impossible we lose next four whitch is a good chance will happen and hearts win theres they are then level with 5 games of the quarter still to go .And i have been watching Saint Mirren long enough to know that thats a good possibility.

You mean like every other close season since Danny got the job?

You like many others will find fault with everything that Danny does in the transfer market, that's your choice but some of us think that the man deserves a bit of respect and the chance to bring in a further 2 players to complete his squad.

I would say that's not an unreasonable request given that the window doesn't close until the end of the month.

Mistakes have been made in the past as regards to squad fillers, that is probably one of the reasons we haven't opted for serial failures like Barrowman and the like, he knows we we need a decent striker who will give us an option.

No its not its no where near impossible we lose next four whitch is a good chance will happen and hearts win theres they are then level with 5 games of the quarter still to go .And i have been watching Saint Mirren long enough to know that thats a good possibility.

1 defeat and you have us losing all of our matches? For some uknown reason you appear to have Hearts good enough to win their next 4-5 matches. IIRC they lost their opening game and were lucky against a rank Hibs side to steal the points. Their best player is out for the next 6-8 weeks and they will continue to play with young boys which only get you so far. Why is there a good chance that we will lose all our next 4-5 games? We do have some quality in our side and while I agree that we need strengthening in some areas and some back up in others, FFS we have played one competitive game so far. Motherwell lost 3-1 at home so are they knickerwetting about finishing behind Hearts? Dundee Utd and Hibs have not scored in their 2 games and Ross County who were much lauded have lost both of their games and have no points. I guess that puts them below Hearts too.

Far far too early to begin fretting until we have an idea of who else comes in. If it noone then we piss with the cock we have. Remember the bad start that Fakes, ICT and Ross County had last season and look where they finished in the league.

The difference with the teams you mention is that they are above us nine times out of ten we are perenial bottom feeders does not matter who we have in our team its the same every year you tend to forget that.That young hearts team tore us a new ass hole last season they are no where near as bad as you might think .I would bet my last dime they finnish above us this season.no matter who we bring in if im prooved wrong then fantastic but i dont think i will.

The difference with the teams you mention is that they are above us nine times out of ten we are perenial bottom feeders does not matter who we have in our team its the same every year you tend to forget that.That young hearts team tore us a new ass hole last season they are no where near as bad as you might think .I would bet my last dime they finnish above us this season.no matter who we bring in if im prooved wrong then fantastic but i dont think i will.

I'll bet you £25 for Mavis Reilly's charity that Hearts don't finish above us. Simply post your e-mail address here if you want to take me up.

Mine is [email protected]