Adam Campbell Tonight

GMBB

Okay...

so the charges of knicker-wetting are now becoming just as tedious as the worst excesses of those charged with it.

People are concerned because they care about the fortunes of their club. Anxiety thresholds will vary, as will every personal characteristic, so there is little to be achieved in berating those who are predisposed towards a bit more hand-wringing than the more laid-back/resigned/disinterested/wildly optimistic/delusion [delete as appropriate] in our number.

I've not read many calls for the manager to be sacked in the last few pages of this thread, or for a gathering at the board room with torches and pitchforks. For the most part, it has been pretty measured, so let's not go down the happy clappers v knicker-wetters route again, as it is wearisome at best.

I'm now focussed on taking in my first genuinely competitive match of the season on Saturday afternoon. I think we'll all have a better idea of where things stand by 5pm on Saturday.

Good post, the bit I don't agree with is the bit about 5pm on Saturday.

I think we all know where things stand right now. My view is that win lose or draw on Saturday we will still require a couple of strikers, unless we have already signed them.

I am certain that DL also knows this, he has decided to sail a bit too close to the wind in terms of getting them into the club on time.

Good post, the bit I don't agree with is the bit about 5pm on Saturday.

I think we all know where things stand right now. My view is that win lose or draw on Saturday we will still require a couple of strikers, unless we have already signed them.

I am certain that DL also knows this, he has decided to sail a bit too close to the wind in terms of getting them into the club on time.

Fair point. I did say that we would have a better idea, right enough.

We might know whether Robertson is an option at right back, and whether, having bagged a couple of goals against Gretna, Thommo is off the mark etc. A lot of whatabouterry, certainly, but I agree that we are all pretty clear as to our defecits up front.

There are clearly two schools of thought on our dealings in the market this summer and much of this is coloured by prior views on DL, all we can do is wait and see.

COYS!

I think you are right-DL may not have produced the goods as far as signing a striker, but maybe he is in such a position that he wouldn't want the kind of player he can afford. We have certainly been there and done that in recent years, especially with strikers.

Seems to me that the board may well have taken a calculated risk with the budget this year given the extreme circumstances of some clubs and it could well be that DL is calling them on it. Maybe there is a plan B, or a plan C even-it's just not reached the point where the manager is willing to implement the plan

I think you are right-DL may not have produced the goods as far as signing a striker, but maybe he is in such a position that he wouldn't want the kind of player he can afford. We have certainly been there and done that in recent years, especially with strikers.

Seems to me that the board may well have taken a calculated risk with the budget this year given the extreme circumstances of some clubs and it could well be that DL is calling them on it. Maybe there is a plan B, or a plan C even-it's just not reached the point where the manager is willing to implement the plan

I would rather we went with Thommo and Reilly and promoted Scullion to the first team for cover rather than rush into signing someone who isn't good enough and will pick up a wage for a year for nothing.

Guest somner9

I would rather we went with Thommo and Reilly and promoted Scullion to the first team for cover rather than rush into signing someone who isn't good enough and will pick up a wage for a year for nothing.

Absolutely!

We don't need another Sam (I'm) Parkin (my ass here for a year) on the gravy train. get a boy on!

Correct , the situation has occurred several times over the years usually resulting in the manager losing his job. He simply must get it right , starting on Saturday, or for him , the baws burst !

Losing the first 2 matches of the season usually doesn't result in managers losing their jobs! You have made your thoughts clear re DL, I bet you are hoping we get humped on Saturday. Gus all over again.

I agree, and we have Brady as well. The worst thing we could do is sign some over-the-hill journeyman who is going to score 3 or 4 goals a season, and would keep the youngsters out of the team. That said I do hope we can bring in a couple of quality players before the end of the transfer window. I'm not to worried if we don't have anyone in before the next league game - I reckon two of our most important signings over the last decade were Charlie Adam and John Sutton, both of whom were signed days before, if not on the final day of the window.

Edited by Robo

Guest somner9

I agree, and we have Brady as well. The worst thing we could do is sign some over-the-hill journeyman Donkey like Beattie or Nish pictured below who is going to score 3 or 4 goals a season, and would keep the youngsters out of the team. That said I do hope we can bring in a couple of quality players before the end of the transfer window. I'm not to worried if we don't have anyone in before the next league game - I reckon two of our most important signings over the last decade were Charlie Adam and John Sutton, both of whom were signed days before, if not on the final day of the window.

donkey_2218088b.jpg

Losing the first 2 matches of the season usually doesn't result in managers losing their jobs! You have made your thoughts clear re DL, I bet you are hoping we get humped on Saturday. Gus all over again.

Just because I want to see a change of manager , and although I've been a supporter for 45 years , I want us to lose on Saturday ? Do you really believe that or a you just a fanny ?

This will be DL's last season , be it 2 weeks or 9 months , and no amount of happy clappers having Danny as their top man is going to change that !

Not content with including meaningless friendlies to back your view up you are now including games played by a largely different squad altogether to try and further cement your point????

You're confusing yourself.

This is a different Saints team full of kids - you said it yourself - and you are slaughtering them after a single bloody match.

Not sure what dictionary you are using but the word "supporter" doesn't cover what you are doing.

As for venting frustration? Oh FFS grow up bud. Are we all 4 years old?

I'm not going to do this with you all day do this will need to be my last word on it.

You say "largely different squad" but a couple of posts ago you said "we'd kept the bulk if last season's team". Can't have it both ways.

I haven't, not even once, "slaughtered" any player, particularly the young ones for their efforts this season so not sure why you would say that. My frustration lies with Lennon/BOD 100% and I've made that clear on a number of occasions. Stop trying to twist things to suit your argument.

I want to see youth given its head but this has to be done carefully and, to use Reilly as an example, not being thrust into the team, out of position. IMO, the time for kids to break into the starting XI is at the tail end of the season when the pressure is off to an extent and they can hopefully play without fear and express themselves. Our kids got a sniff of the last game at Rugby Park last season that was all. Blame the manager for that not the supporters.

As for "venting frustration"? I wasn't aware that was a particularly childish trait, however, it's not like you to pick the least relevant part of the post and have a needless pop, is it?

Oh, and by the way, the "cock measuring" you mentioned in your other post was simply me illustrating I've followed my team for a long time and always supported them, kids or not.

Just because I want to see a change of manager , and although I've been a supporter for 45 years , I want us to lose on Saturday ? Do you really believe that or a you just a fanny ?

This will be DL's last season , be it 2 weeks or 9 months , and no amount of happy clappers having Danny as their top man is going to change that !

You're the fanny Billy, read through your posts all the confirmation you need. You seem to be certain that this will be DLs last season, inside info obviously?

ps you may want to look up the term "supporter"

Boo boy fanny

He started it lol.gif

No I didn't , I worded my post in an educated way so that I was giving you a choice. Going by your half-witted response I suppose you really do believe that I want us to lose on Saturday.

Normally I don't get involved in personal insults on here with fellow posters , opinions should be respected , in your case it seems that only pro-Danny opinions should be respected?

first time in 21 years i haven't bought season ticket and won't be going on Saturday...totally lost interest due to lack of signings and watching the two clowns at centre back...won't be back till big changes are made....

You probably won't be missed..... Expect you'll still be whinging on here no matter how the season goes!!!!!