Adam Campbell Tonight

GMBB

IIRC Dummett signed towards the end of the window last season and even then he took a few games to fit in, Newton didn't sign till our season was underway and there's no guarantee Campbell would've slotted into the first team straight away - my point is all that none of the players we get from Newcastle will be available, fit & ready for action at the start of our season, maybe we should see these guys as a potential bonus rather than counting on NUFC for a guaranteed 2 first team players a season.

I think I'd rather give the younger players like Brady and Reilly a chance before not-very-good strikers like Barrowman.

Obviously it'd be good to bring in someone decent, but if we're talking about players as good as Andrew Barrowman, I'd rather we saved our money for now and tried to bring in a more experienced striker in January.

Edited by JM1

One thing is for sure, if there's a striker out there who is available, affordable, wants to join us, and also comes with a goalscoring record that matches Cristiano Ronaldo's, then I'm definitely getting a shag fae' Suzannah Reid in the back of SGs Porsche 911 Turbo this weekend.

Ain't happening. Even if we brought a kid through ourselves at Ralston who was even approaching Ronaldoesque scoring averages - he'd be sold to Watford, Blackburn or Nottingham Forest for under 500k before you could say 'Thanks Suzannah, could you get me Carol Kirkwood's phone number'.

Gemme's a bogey.

that's why hearts are in administration and still sign Danny Wilson while kilmarnock and dundee utd who are millions in dept get boyd and goodwillie....u thick f**k....

Bud you can lay many charges at my door - arrogant, twat, pompous - I'll accept them all.

Being a "thick f**k" isn't one of them.

Others are already doing a decent enough job of pointing out the slight flaw in your argument so I'll leave the floor to them on this one.

The decision to pay off Imrie and Guy before having suitable replacements is a very poor managerial decision. Don't think for a minute that these guys left the club without appropriate compensation as each had another 12months on their contracts.

Do you think it would be a better managerial decision to hold onto two apparently mouthy feckers who were destroying the team spirit in the squad?

It's unusual to release a player mid contract unless there's some problem which would be made worse by them staying.

The lesson here might be to limit contracts to 12 months but then you'll have fans whining about that as well because the best players won't come.

Edited by oaksoft

Steven Thompson has scored 89 goals over the same time frame... :1eye

So does that make Parkin a better striker than Thommo in your mad twisted head. While we're on stats, 80% of people who die are in bed at the time. Does this make being in bed a dangerous place to be?

So does that make Parkin a better striker than Thommo in your mad twisted head.

You'd be better addressing that question to the person that thinks its a "low standard" surely?

Pity that you resorted to your usual personal abuse as well.

While we're on stats, 80% of people who die are in bed at the time. Does this make being in bed a dangerous place to be?

If you are on the verge of dying, then yes, clearly it is a dangerous place to be! :lol:

I think I'd rather give the younger players like Brady and Reilly a chance before not-very-good strikers like Barrowman.

Obviously it'd be good to bring in someone decent, but if we're talking about players as good as Andrew Barrowman, I'd rather we saved our money for now and tried to bring in a more experienced striker in January.

Any of those 3 options as our number 2 striker and we're going down. Simple as that.

The boys ain't good enough (at the moment certainly, who knows maybe never?)

Barrowman? Not top league standard. Never has been.

Any of those 3 options as our number 2 striker and we're going down. Simple as that.

The boys ain't good enough (at the moment certainly, who knows maybe never?)

Have you seen Brady and Reilly play much in the SPL?

I haven't so I'm not in a position to comment.

I'd like to see them given their chance though.

I'd like to see them given their chance, I agree. But as back up, not the main strikers.

Reilly should be the kind of player we can bring off the bench as an option, not one we rely on to form our strike force every week.

I'd like to see them given their chance, I agree. But as back up, not the main strikers.

Reilly should be the kind of player we can bring off the bench as an option, not one we rely on to form our strike force every week.

Yes OK but why?

Why not try him out as a main 1st team player?

Why not take the gamble?

Relegation isn't a financial disaster anymore, Hearts are at -12 points and getting a proven striker in isn't going to happen because everyone else will also be after them.

I can't think of a more perfect time to try these kids out for real.

If it goes south we can always get more players in during January.

Do we really think we'll be hopelessly cut adrift by then?

There may not be a less risky time to do it.

IMO this is a perfectly good risk strategy.

Imagine if the risk pays off?

Can we not at least TRY risking it until the end of the transfer window?

Yes OK but why?

Why not try him out as a main 1st team player?

Why not take the gamble?

Relegation isn't a financial disaster anymore, Hearts are at -12 points and getting a proven striker in isn't going to happen because everyone else will also be after them.

I can't think of a more perfect time to try these kids out for real.

If it goes south we can always get more players in during January.

Do we really think we'll be hopelessly cut adrift by then?

There may not be a less risky time to do it.

IMO this is a perfectly good risk strategy.

Imagine if the risk pays off?

Can we not at least TRY risking it until the end of the transfer window?

I'm less interested in whether relegation is a financial disaster or not. More that it's a disaster ambitiously.

I'm not happy to go with our current strikers until January. I don't think that's good enough, and it's more of a gamble than I'd be happy to take.

The time to blood youngsters is in less meaningful games, not throw them into the pressure of the start of a league campaign.

I know I might sound a bit 'Alan Hansen'!! But the difference is the youngsters he was talking about were Beckham, Scholes & the Neville's!!

Have you seen Brady and Reilly play much at all?

If not then what puts you in a position to say that you'd like to see them given a chance?

Surely they should only be given a chance if they are good enough? If they aren't good enough then why should they be given a chance?

The time to blood youngsters is in less meaningful games, not throw them into the pressure of the start of a league campaign.

I know I might sound a bit 'Alan Hansen'!! But the difference is the youngsters he was talking about were Beckham, Scholes & the Neville's!!

Guys like Paul Lambert and Steve Clarke were thrown into the first team at the start of league campaigns as teenagers. They did okay...

John McGinn was thrown in mid season without playing in a "less meaningful game". He did okay as well.

If they are good enough then throw them straight in!

If they aren't good enough then playing them in "less meaningful games" won't make much difference!

Guys like Paul Lambert and Steve Clarke were thrown into the first team at the start of league campaigns as teenagers. They did okay...

John McGinn was thrown in mid season without playing in a "less meaningful game". He did okay as well.

If they are good enough then throw them straight in!

If they aren't good enough then playing them in "less meaningful games" won't make much difference!

Guys like Maradona were also thrown in at a young age.

There's quite a difference.

Bud you can lay many charges at my door - arrogant, twat, pompous - I'll accept them all.

Others are already doing a decent enough job of pointing out the slight flaw in your argument so I'll leave the floor to them on this one.

Skinny F*ck

I hate self proclaimed non-thick f**ks !