Adam Campbell Tonight

GMBB

Unless the deal was concluded on Saturday but there has been no official confirmation as it was at the weekend.

Have there not been deals in the past that have been formally acknowledged after the deadline, providing the paperwork was completed pre-deadline (something involving a Portsmouth or Sunderland player rings a bell). Could it be that paperwork was done on Sat, but the International Clearance that was needed from the FA couldn't be sent until today?

Have there not been deals in the past that have been formally acknowledged after the deadline, providing the paperwork was completed pre-deadline (something involving a Portsmouth or Sunderland player rings a bell). Could it be that paperwork was done on Sat, but the International Clearance that was needed from the FA couldn't be sent until today?

I remember something like that happening a few windows back ,just couldn't remember the teams involved .

St Johnstone boss was in the paper moaning about the deadline being Saturday so he couldn't get a loan target as his club wanted him to play for their under 21s today. So he certainly isn't aware if there is any loophole. I don't think there is.

Is there not something about across league transfers? That you can sign a player from another team if their window is open? I can remember something to do with Anzhi and QPR last year over Chris Samba...

No, it's the opposite: you can sign from another team if your window is open and theirs is shut. So Newcastle could turn round and sign one of our players today, but we can't sign one of theirs.