Adam Campbell Tonight

GMBB

Undoubtedly weaker team? Undoubted? Personally I have no idea. We've kept the bulk of last years 1st pick 11 and have a group of youngsters to back them up.

We've lost 4 forwards who scored 18 goals between them last season plus a host of assists.

I'd say its a big ask of young Reilly to bang in 18 goals this season...

First timer to the forum anyway the rest of my view. He in no way is going to take the place of ESTABLISHED players for the respective clubs down south if as yet he has not replaced Cisse ameobi goufrann or ben arfa. Think we should leave if him if he comes great gets my backing every week if not well here is hoping we sign someone permanent

You may think it's "daft" to include friendlies but a lot of us could see the writing on the wall after the Morton, QOS and Newcastle games with line ups and tactics both called into question. Inverness was the nadir of that run of games.

We're weaker because Reilly is no Goncalves, even if you decide to ignore the latter's obvious skill. We've got no experienced striker to partner Thommo, no naturally left sided midfielder and right back continues to be an issue.

You're "happy to see how it goes" if we don't sign another striker? You must be the only one because that will be a recipe for potential disaster and may ultimately cost Lennon his job and us our top league status.

Finally, I've been travelling all over this country watching my team for over 3 decades and I've seen us play kids when that was all we had. They've always had my support and that of the overwhelming majority around me. This isn't about supporting our kids and it's disingenuous of you to make it into that. The issue here IMO is that the management or BOD have not done enough to strengthen the team ahead of the new season.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/spfl/jon-ready-to-go-right-back-to-basics-at-saints-133217n.21851155?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Good little interview here with Jon Robertson. Apparently he was deployed at right back a number of times in his career and by all accounts did fairly well against Gretna. Obviously Gretna are no where near SPFL standard but he must be worth a shot in there? Certainly a good bit faster than Vanzy!

Guest somner9

Good grief the wee-wee fetishists would have a freaking swimming gala on this board. the floodgates have truly opened.

I repeat my question to the swollen (get it) ranks of Knickerwetters streaming (I thank you) to diss the side after ONE game...

Will we be such a woeful relegation bound team of misfits if we beat Killie and get something in Dingwall.....?

If we do theres quite a few who'll have egg pish on their face a week saturday.

Imagine if we also go on to succesfully navigate the first hurdle in retaining our cup in Dumfries...? Will the Solway pish-flood defence systems be able to cope?

Good grief the wee-wee fetishists would have a freaking swimming gala on this board. the floodgates have truly opened.

I repeat my question to the swollen (get it) ranks of Knickerwetters streaming (I thank you) to diss the side after ONE game...

Will we be such a woeful relegation bound team of misfits if we beat Killie and get something in Dingwall.....?

Imagine if we also go on to succesfully navigate the first hurdle in retaining our cup in Dumfries...? Will the Solway pish-flood defence systems be able to cope?

IF we beat Killie and IF we beat Queens, then naturally things look better. IF yer' auntie had baws... My pants are still dry, but I'm not looking at the IFs. I'm looking at the situation so far. That situation includes the Thommohawk doing an in-depth newspaper interview where he clearly states the need for a pacy front man to add to our squad.

He's not daft. He clearly hasn't enjoyed the pre-season running around looking for scraps to feed off and spending more time moaning at referees for free kicks than anything else.

But yes, IF we win games, pants will dry out. No brainer. Hey though, just think how much drier undergarments would be IF Partick hadn't drawn with the Arabs and beaten Ross County, and IF Hearts hadn't got a boost on Sunday, and IF Inverness weren't top of the league... and, and.

This is the part I think yourself and Oaksoft are missing. It's NOT one game.

Our league form last year was simply not good enough. Lennon cleaned house in the summer which I'm sure most of us thought was a good idea and a statement of intent, however, the new recruits have not materialised and performances the pre-season have been very worrying, culminating in the defeat at Inverness.

I think fans have every right to be concerned about the state if the team right now and offer up various reasons for their views. The other side of the "argument", offered by you and others is that we should effectively trust the club to sort it out, things will be fine and we're all being ridiculous venting any sort of frustration at all.

If it was just about one isolated hosing in the Highlands then you could get away with that attitude but.........

Guest somner9

IF we beat Killie and IF we beat Queens, then naturally things look better. IF yer' auntie had baws... My pants are still dry, but I'm not looking at the IFs. I'm looking at the situation so far. That situation includes the Thommohawk doing an in-depth newspaper interview where he clearly states the need for a pacy front man to add to our squad.

He's not daft. He clearly hasn't enjoyed the pre-season running around looking for scraps to feed off and spending more time moaning at referees for free kicks than anything else.

But yes, IF we win games, pants will dry out. No brainer. Hey though, just think how much drier undergarments would be IF Partick hadn't drawn with the Arabs and beaten Ross County, and IF Hearts hadn't got a boost on Sunday, and IF Inverness weren't top of the league... and, and.

your games (SMFC) are important and determine your season, not what others do that you have no influence over whatsoever.

We've played one and lost one away from home at ICT. Nothing hugely unusual there. We are courting a partner for Thommo who may be a loanee or A.N.Other, the defence have feck all game time between them as a collective so far. (McGregor, Grainger, possibly Robertson)....

I repeat thank god our management team/BoD aren't made up of the panic stricken, dreepy pants on here.

If we win saturday I'll phone in the local radio station to request they play The Streets 'Dry Your Eyes Y's'.....

Stay Calm And Play Games!

Guest somner9

Our league form last year was simply not good enough. Lennon cleaned house in the summer which I'm sure most of us thought was a good idea and a statement of intent, however, the new recruits have not materialised and performances the pre-season have been very worrying, culminating in the defeat at Inverness.

I think fans have every right to be concerned about the state if the team right now and offer up various reasons for their views. The other side of the "argument", offered by you and others is that we should effectively trust the club to sort it out, things will be fine and we're all being ridiculous venting any sort of frustration at all.

If it was just about one isolated hosing in the Highlands then you could get away with that attitude but.........

This is the part I think you don't get. that was our first competitive and only game so far since May that really mattered.

What will your opinion be if we beat Killie, take something from County and march on in the league cup..?

Guest somner9

this weeks game could be the crunch for not only the manager but the entire club in terms of bums on seats ,ie we lose this one attendances will drop dramatically triggering his demise and further cost cutting

we need to win

I suspect you'll be able to fill the stadium with wee if thats how your thinking.

this weeks game could be the crunch for not only the manager but the entire club in terms of bums on seats ,ie we lose this one attendances will drop dramatically triggering his demise and further cost cutting

we need to win

Utter tosh. How can the second game of the season be a crunch game?

You may think it's "daft" to include friendlies but a lot of us could see the writing on the wall after the Morton, QOS and Newcastle games with line ups and tactics both called into question. Inverness was the nadir of that run of games.

We're weaker because Reilly is no Goncalves, even if you decide to ignore the latter's obvious skill. We've got no experienced striker to partner Thommo, no naturally left sided midfielder and right back continues to be an issue.

You're "happy to see how it goes" if we don't sign another striker? You must be the only one because that will be a recipe for potential disaster and may ultimately cost Lennon his job and us our top league status.

Finally, I've been travelling all over this country watching my team for over 3 decades and I've seen us play kids when that was all we had. They've always had my support and that of the overwhelming majority around me. This isn't about supporting our kids and it's disingenuous of you to make it into that. The issue here IMO is that the management or BOD have not done enough to strengthen the team ahead of the new season.

You are including friendlies because it suits your argument. You are attaching the same significance to a training run about as you are to an SPL match. The word daft seems most appropriate.

I'm not ignoring Ismael's skill. I hate to break this to you but Goncalves was a one-off. We struck oil with him, he helped us win a Cup but now he's gone and we are highly unlikely to unearth another like him any time soon. You really need to get over this and stop comparing every other player to him. That'll only lead to disappointment for you.

I agree we have no experienced player to join Thommo but so what? Why is that relevant? When does Reilly get his chance? 5 minutes at the end of each match? The player needs at least 5-10 full matches to see if he can make the grade like McGinn, the other McGinn we used to have, Lappin, McLean and others. Best time to give them that game time? Start of the season or mid February?

Right back and left midfield are not the problems you are making them out to be.

Tell you what, in all my years of supporting Saints (more than 30 as well BTW seeing as how we're comparing cock lengths) I've never seen such embarassingly pathetic support for the team as I'm witnessing now on this thread. Certainly not at this stage of the season.

Guest somner9

If Adam Campbell ever googles himself he's in for an ego boost anyway when he spots a 23 page thread about his substitute appearance in a friendly against St Mirren lol.gif

If he ever comes to Paisley he'll need a pair of these to wade through the 'pish-floods' of 2013

wellies.jpg

Not content with including meaningless friendlies to back your view up you are now including games played by a largely different squad altogether to try and further cement your point????

You're confusing yourself.

This is a different Saints team full of kids - you said it yourself - and you are slaughtering them after a single bloody match.

Not sure what dictionary you are using but the word "supporter" doesn't cover what you are doing.

As for venting frustration? Oh FFS grow up bud. Are we all 4 years old?

The other side of the "argument", offered by you and others is that we should effectively trust the club to sort it out,

Yep. Do you have any other positive, constructive and sensible alternative because all you're doing right now is publicly throwing a childish tantrum because our team isn't winning?

Okay...

so the charges of knicker-wetting are now becoming just as tedious as the worst excesses of those charged with it.

People are concerned because they care about the fortunes of their club. Anxiety thresholds will vary, as will every personal characteristic, so there is little to be achieved in berating those who are predisposed towards a bit more hand-wringing than the more laid-back/resigned/disinterested/wildly optimistic/delusion [delete as appropriate] in our number.

I've not read many calls for the manager to be sacked in the last few pages of this thread, or for a gathering at the board room with torches and pitchforks. For the most part, it has been pretty measured, so let's not go down the happy clappers v knicker-wetters route again, as it is wearisome at best.

I'm now focussed on taking in my first genuinely competitive match of the season on Saturday afternoon. I think we'll all have a better idea of where things stand by 5pm on Saturday.

we need to win

Partially agree. I think that Saturday will set the tone for the whole season. A win would build confidence and relief ~ anything less and the we'll have even more supporters doubting that Danny Lennon is the man to lead the club.

The attendances won't drop dramatically, though. We have a solid, unnerving fan base (despite what is written on here at times!) who will turn up through thick and thin. We're a class above big clubs in that respect.

At the end of the day, we all want the best for the club.

I agree 100% with something oaksoft just said - Reilly deserves a chance, a fair go, and our support. Absolutely.

Where are we if what happened to Ryan Stevenson of Hearts in a split second happens to either Reilly or the Thommohawk?

That's my problem, not Reilly or the Thommohawk's ability. It doesn't even need to be a bad one like Stevenson. Where are we if Reilly or Thompson gets a knock early in a game and has to come off? Tactically where are we, numerically where are we?

It doesn't add up over the course of a long hard season. We need a re-inforcement, I'm sure the club are working on it. Bloody hope so anyway.

If .......................................... by David Gates ?

we need to win

Correct , the situation has occurred several times over the years usually resulting in the manager losing his job. He simply must get it right , starting on Saturday, or for him , the baws burst !