Washed Up Journalist

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/opinion/spiers-on-sport-i-love-scottish-football-i-am-incurable.1375251407

This guy used to be held up as the new voice of Scottish footballing journalism but after the Times got rid of him he's been publishing shitey articles about Sevco FC every other day. No wonder printed newspapers are dying on their arse.

Rant over.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/opinion/spiers-on-sport-i-love-scottish-football-i-am-incurable.1375251407

This guy used to be held up as the new voice of Scottish footballing journalism but after the Times got rid of him he's been publishing shitey articles about Sevco FC every other day. No wonder printed newspapers are dying on their arse.

Rant over.

I didn't read this as an article about the ****. I think people have to come to terms with the fact that Sevco (whether by accident or design - and I lean to the latter) played a get out of jail free card and it worked. Don't think it will for Hearts but there you go.

So what if the guy's followed the **** since he was a boy. That club has a terrible history of bigotry and sectarianism, as have the Green Vermin, but don't let our distaste for this turn into our own form of hate and bigotry. Whether we like it or not, what has happened to Scottish Football with the demise of Sevco and now (probably) Hearts, has had a massive effect on our game in a miriad of ways. Income has been affected, TV is just paying lip service, our reputation is in tatters and we no longer produce players of quality to sell on and help clubs stay afloat.

Just because you don't like what he says, he has a right to say it. spudnikconfounded.gif

Spiers is brilliant to read and listen to. I don't always agree with what he says but he always takes a position and justifies it, that is his job. He doesn't claim to be perfect and is happy to hold his hands up when he makes a tit of himself.

By no means perfect but certainly one of our better and more interesting journalists.

I quite like Spiers and I don't mind that he supports the likes of Rangers either. Quite a lot of my friends support Rangers or Celtic and I can just about manage to get along with them.

Spiers writes pretty well as far as I'm concerned, and he does cover other sports as well which he also writes well about.

Rant over.

If you were making a point against the Jack Irvine controlled media then Speirs might not be the best target........Martin Williams who has been endorsed by Leggo (Herald) should be read as the new James Traynor

I can't abide many football journalists in the UK. In Scotland particularly, they get right on my thrupenny bits.

If you ever watch that Sky programme on a Sunday morning where a bunch if cunts sit around arguing with each other while they kid on they're eating croissants and drinking orange juice, you'll know what I mean.

Football journalists are, on the whole for me, a bunch of parasitical, gossiping, argumentative arseholes.

Spiers may be a Rangers supporter but has never been afraid to have a go at them & the knuckledraggers they attract.

I was a fan of his writings for many a year. All this came to an end last season due to his feature regarding Stewart Gilmour & the vote against the league reconsutruction proposals. Now I can never again trust what the guy writes.

I don't mind him writing insightful articles, I don't even mind him writing insightful articles about The Rangers, I do however take issue with Scottish journalists focussing entirely on the Old Firm. There are a wide variety of topics and clubs (not necessarily our own) out there and yet the endless newsprint dedicated to the two clubs fill the Scottish press.

Edited by The Stickroth Fanclub