Off The Ball: Smfc Homophobia Controversy

I'm not interested in the private lives of footballers. As long as they aren't doing anything that is seriously illegal I'm not bothered what they get up to. A bit of dope, having sex, etc. I don't give a monkeys to be honest. It's a shame that society has become obsessed with the lives of "celebrities". Every time you look at a magazine or a newspaper there's some shite about so and so sunning themselves on a beach with her buns out and so and so fathered a love child with some hotel maid or media publicist in a broom cupboard or a fire escape or some shite. I couldn't care less which is why I don't buy newspapers. I watch the news and read some stories online that may interest me but I couldn't be bothered with what player/singer/actor/actress does in their own time.

What he said.

I listened to the episode of Off the Ball in question.

The "former-trainer-turned-stand-up-comic" that nobody had ever heard of made his claim, and Cowan immediately asked if this was just and allegation or if there had been lawyers. The guest responded by saying it was a matter of fact that he'd been sat down by the club and fired because his "problem" was "inappropriate".

Seems like a far cry from either the version of events as described by the club, or the subsequent account by the attention seeking no-mark when he had been called out on the matter.

Like most people, I would welcome an end to homophobia, racism and any other form of bigotry in both football and in society, but idiots like this do nothing to bring this closer to reality. This man just lied for attention as he is trying to make a name for himself as an actor/writer/comedian/pundit/anything at all as long as people notice him.

he was on the BBC scotland news the other day waffling about Dr Who and his own days on the conference circuit. A serial nobody who will doubtless be soon touted by the BBC under their generic "writer and broadcaster" banner. Code for not really famous for anything, but well kent at the beeb.

Don't listen to the show, but did they apologise yesterday? Or did they have their usual Fake Saints/Motherwell bollocks and then just talk about the OF for the rest of the show.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Black & White Army mobile app

Aye, they clarified in full and called the guy Walter Mitty. Usual top quality bantz lawlz.