Best Midfield Out With Celtic

On a side note, its interesting to see the midfielders out there who Saints deemed to be not good enough and got shot of and who are now doing well elsewhere.

Paddy Cregg & Nigel Hasselbaink helped St. Johnstone to an impressive win in Minsk tonight while Paul Lawson was also playing in the Europa League for Motherwell. And there is also Richie Brittain.

Cregg, Lawson or Brittain would all have been ideal in the problem midfield holding role where we seem to be lacking while Hasselbaink would have given us the pace wide on the left that we are missing again now that Goncalves is away,

On a side note, its interesting to see the midfielders out there who Saints deemed to be not good enough and got shot of and who are now doing well elsewhere.

Paddy Cregg & Nigel Hasselbaink helped St. Johnstone to an impressive win in Minsk tonight while Paul Lawson was also playing in the Europa League for Motherwell. And there is also Richie Brittain.

Cregg, Lawson or Brittain would all have been ideal in the problem midfield holding role where we seem to be lacking while Hasselbaink would have given us the pace wide on the left that we are missing again now that Goncalves is away,

Hasselbaink left us for more money.

The other 3 were rotten for us

Hasselbank should have been kept,he was patchy but unpredictable and exciting ,was great going to the football and actually looking forward to see someone playing,reminded me of kenny mcdowall,a complete madman ,but fantastic value for money

Hasselbank should have been kept,he was patchy but unpredictable and exciting ,was great going to the football and actually looking forward to see someone playing,reminded me of kenny mcdowall,a complete madman ,but fantastic value for money

Not really sure if you are grasping what happened we tried to keep hasselbaink he wanted to leave he left to get more money elsewhere what did u expect us to do tie him down and not let him leave ?

Not really sure if you are grasping what happened we tried to keep hasselbaink he wanted to leave he left to get more money elsewhere what did u expect us to do tie him down and not let him leave ?

He would have stayed if we paid him what he wanted,at some point we need to ditch the biscuit tin mentallity,im not proposing for one minute we spunk 9k a week on a player,but surely at some point we can invest a few grand on a young talented flair player who really makes people pay to see us again,i dont necessarily mean hasselbank ,just someone we can actually sign on a permanent deal for a couple of years and make me look forward to Saturdays again

He would have stayed if we paid him what he wanted,at some point we need to ditch the biscuit tin mentallity,im not proposing for one minute we spunk 9k a week on a player,but surely at some point we can invest a few grand on a young talented flair player who really makes people pay to see us again,i dont necessarily mean hasselbank ,just someone we can actually sign on a permanent deal for a couple of years and make me look forward to Saturdays again

Does Paul McGowan teale thommo hawk not count ?

Then this season harkins and grainger 2 proven spl players

Sorry but,...... WHAT A STUPID THING TO SAY!bangin.gif

You don't know how much he was holding out for. You don't know how close we came to appeasing him. You don't know if he actually managed to get what he wanted from Saintees. (He may have burned his bridges and had to accept less).

Even after that. Hasselbaink was, at best, inconsistent.

I really love these people who come on and spout nonsense about wage structures and players salaries with absolutely NO insight to back up their P!SH!fish.gif

When did we say Nigel was not good enough1eye.gif1eye.gif Danny tried hard to keep him and Tess. Agent was a cock, knew he would get a bigger fee with a move. How did that work out for tess? In my opinion if Nigel had stayed with us he would have made even more progress than he has at St Johnstone and would be looking at a big move now.

Lawson Britten Cregg? meh. Who would you leave out for them?

Hasselbaink left for more money. Cregg was one of a number of similar midfielders we had at the time, while Paul Lawson was on loan to us for about a month, 6 years ago. Brittain had his chance here and never took it. He's developed into a better player while away, but wasn't up to it while here.

He would have stayed if we paid him what he wanted,at some point we need to ditch the biscuit tin mentality

Fuck right off.

If we can't afford it then we can't afford it. End of story and no amount of whining like a bitch is going to change that.

I can't believe there are people who call themselves St Mirren fans yet cannot grasp this basic concept.

f**k right off.

If we can't afford it then we can't afford it. End of story and no amount of whining like a bitch is going to change that.

I can't believe there are people who call themselves St Mirren fans yet cannot grasp this basic concept.

Flaw in your argument is we can afford it

Sorry but,...... WHAT A STUPID THING TO SAY!bangin.gif

You don't know how much he was holding out for. You don't know how close we came to appeasing him. You don't know if he actually managed to get what he wanted from Saintees. (He may have burned his bridges and had to accept less).

Even after that. Hasselbaink was, at best, inconsistent.

I really love these people who come on and spout nonsense about wage structures and players salaries with absolutely NO insight to back up their P!SH!fish.gif

As per usual,ANY player we fail to keep and its the same tired old excuses trotted out ,money talks and its time we started talking

So u are assuming he is a flair player just cause he's from Barcelona personally I have never been so happy to know that a fellow fan is not in charge of transfer dealings

In terms of flair am sure harkins is well known for being one of the most skill full players outwife Celtic in the spl

So u are assuming he is a flair player just cause he's from Barcelona personally I have never been so happy to know that a fellow fan is not in charge of transfer dealings

In terms of flair am sure harkins is well known for being one of the most skill full players outwife Celtic in the spl

Of course he is,where did we snap him up from again !!! deluded

If we had signed him you would have creamed your pants,he may not be any good but the ambition shown is breathtaking

So every players ability Is based on the club they came from where was wanyama from ?

Ur idiotic negativity is absolutely ridiculous tbh get behind the team the season hasn't even started and your already moaning pathetiIts

I am behind the team 100% from tomorrow ,just pointing out our lack of ambition this close season and pointing out we have hundreds of thousands sitting in the bank ,but you would rather trott out every excuse under the sun . If we cant keep someone "Couldnt afford it" Someone signs a youth from Barcelona "Doesnt mean hes any good"

I am behind the team 100% from tomorrow ,just pointing out our lack of ambition this close season and pointing out we have hundreds of thousands sitting in the bank ,but you would rather trott out every excuse under the sun . If we cant keep someone "Couldnt afford it" Someone signs a youth from Barcelona "Doesnt mean hes any good"

Not an excuse mate it is reality hasselbaink was hit and miss for us so didn't justify breaking the bank for how many goals did he scores last season ?

The barca wonderkid not even on the bench for Patrick tonight