The Leicester City Thread

Leicester Saint

Half time, and it's 1-0 to Leicester.

David Nugent with a sweet strike. Only 45 minutes to get through.

Burnley have created nothing and are missing their top scorer today. Second top scorer then went off injured in the first 10 minutes.

Surely to f**k we can do this. I'd have taken a point before the game, but we need to hold on for this win now.

Come on Leicester!!

Guest TPAFKATS

All over!! Final score...

Burnley 0

Leicester City 2

Second half goal by Chris Wood brings the points home. Never really looked in danger to be honest.

We're now 6 points clear with 7 games left. 16 clear of 3rd place. Promotion is so close we can almost touch it!!

Its looking good for your "wee" team, LS - mibees you could start a "The St.Mirren Thread"

Watched the match yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. After a couple of dodgy performances that's certainly how to bounce back, beating your nearest challengers in their own backyard. I wish St.Mirren could pick up that habit. Two lovely goals, particularly the second to tie it up.

Nigel Pearson came across well in the post match interview. Any chance he might fancy a job in the West of Scotland next year? Incidentally, I see your assistant manager's name is Shakespeare. Dunno where or when I've heard that name before but it rings a bell.

It'll be tough next year but you know that anyway.

Well, after a 2-2 midweek draw away to Wigan (not a bad result at all, and coming from behind twice, plus an 87th minute equaliser) Leicester are now only 6 points away from promotion to the Premier League, with 7 games to play.

The unbeaten run extends to 20 games, and we're 7 points clear of Burnley at the top.

Tonight, live on Sky, it's Sheffield Wednesday at home. Win tonight, and QPR and Derby's results go the right way tomorrow, and promotion will be sealed.

The only 'but' is that Wednesday won the first fixture, so they know how to get a result. And they've been doing ok recently too, so it's not to be taken lightly.

Jamie Vardy will probably miss this one again after getting injured at Burnley last week, but being able to bring in Chris Wood as the replacement is a bit of a luxury.

Should be a BIG crowd tonight. Swelled by the ranks of 2 other Buddies. Mr & Mrs Leicester Saint senior! Mum & Dad on a visit, so they'll be at the match tonight, and again on Tuesday night at home to Brighton. Good to have at least 3 St.Mirren fans at the King Power Stadium ;-)

Don't know what to expect tonight. I certainly don't think it'll be easy, but you never know. Hopefully we'll get a 5-0 win!

If you're able to, watch it tonight. Should be a good one.

Come on you Foxes!!!

Edited by Leicester Saint

Bit late for a proper match report, and to be honest wasn't a brilliant game anyway!

Leicester City 2

Sheff Wed 1

Goals from Riyad Mahrez and a brilliant free kick from Anthony Knockaert. Crowd 26,103. So that's 26,100, minus the St.Mirren fans!! Although to be honest, I know enough people in Leicester who now look out for our results too!!

One more win required for promotion.

Or.....QPR lose tomorrow and Derby draw, it's done. A draw at least for QPR, and/or a win for Derby, and it'll go to Tuesday night's game at home to Brighton. Further update on what's required tomorrow night I'm sure!

Parents enjoyed the game. They always do. Bit like me, it'll never live up to watching St.Mirren, even when we're f**king shite, but it's still good. Cos, it's my team, it's their team. It's love, isn't it?

But Leicester is my city now. I chose to support them because I live here, not because I'm some kind of glory-hunting "I'm a Man U/Liverpool/Chelsea fan" who decided to follow some team. Exactly the same reason as why I'm a St.Mirren fan. Because I'm a Buddie, pure and simple.

Let's hope tomorrow will bring a victory for the mighty Mirren as well!

Congrats!!! Was only a matter of time!! Great Saturday all round! Scenes at St Mirren Park today!! The repeat of the Great Escape!

Enjoy Leicester City celebrations! Are your parents happy they chose this weekend..? ;)

Just need to win the league now ! ;)

Edited by Lada

Well, with promotion in the bag, it's the league title that's the next target. Brighton at home tonight, tricky match, but the confidence should be sky high after the weekend, and I expect the team to put on a bit of a show tonight somehow. It would be fitting if they did.

Only 10 more points required to win The Championship. So, for every point Burnley lose, that's one of the ten. They're away to Barnsley tonight, who're fighting for their lives, so it could be a banana skin for them. Let's hope so!

Come on you Foxes!!

Ouch!!

Leicester City 1

Brighton 4

What the f**k???

Had to happen at some point. First defeat in 22 games, and in style! Think the players were still in party mode after the weekend!

Huge crowd tonight as well, just a couple of hundred short of 30,000. For a midweek game.

Probably a sign of things to come for next season - huge crowd, massive police presence at full time to make sure no one invaded the pitch, and pumped 4-1!!

As long as it's a blip, fair enough. I want to go up as champions.

Onwards we go...

Ouch!!

Leicester City 1

Brighton 4

What the f**k???

Had to happen at some point. First defeat in 22 games, and in style! Think the players were still in party mode after the weekend!

Huge crowd tonight as well, just a couple of hundred short of 30,000. For a midweek game.

Probably a sign of things to come for next season - huge crowd, massive police presence at full time to make sure no one invaded the pitch, and pumped 4-1!!

As long as it's a blip, fair enough. I want to go up as champions.

Onwards we go...

Aye, them damned blips are a curse. I've been supporting St.Mirren for a long time and we've managed a fair few blips in that time. My guess is about five hundred. And it don't get any easier.

Another live Sky game tonight. Reading away. A tough fixture, Leicester's record at Reading isn't great, and they're chasing a play off place, so it definitely won't be easy.

Only 7 more points required for the title, so let's hope we get at least 1 of them tonight. A draw wouldn't be a bad result at all. It'd put us 7 clear with 12 points left to play for.

At least a draw tonight and it could be all over on Saturday. Get a victory and it'd be almost impossible to imagine Burnley catching us.

Enjoy the game if you're watching it. Come on you Foxes!!!

So, a midweek draw, 1-1 away to Reading, meant only 6 more points required to win the league. Meaning Burnley only needed to lose to Blackpool on Friday and Leicester beat QPR at home yesterday.

A 1-0 win for the Foxes, thanks to a goal from David Nugent, in front of 27,386 fans. However, Burnley had won 1-0 the previous evening, meaning there'd be no champagne on Saturday afternoon.

Just 3 points needed from the final 3 games. We go to Bolton on Tuesday night, but if Burnley lose at home to Wigan tomorrow it's all over.

Next Saturday it's Huddersfield away (a game I'm sure Luther G. Presley would enjoy if he was down here...) and then the final game is home to Doncaster.

That game is almost a sell out already, only single seats available, and only being sold to existing ST holders. Got mine secured already thankfully!

As for yesterday, an uninspiring game, but a fairly comfortable win in the end. Made all the better by what I then watched on Soccer Saturday coming from Paisley!!

Funniest thing was Sean, who I was at the game with, had put a single bet on Forest to win. The very first goal of the day was them scoring. I turned to him and said, "you can't really get a more perfect start to the afternoon than that, can you?" To which his reply was to point at the screen and say, "well, what about that?" As it read...

ST.MIRREN 1

HIBS 0

Amazing!! Well, we probably drank far too much after that. Within 15 minutes, 2-0, and the afternoon melted into that blissfull feeling of contentment when your teams have BOTH won!!

One thing that WAS noticeable yesterday was that feeling in the city centre that the local team were on the verge of something really special. It reminded me a lot of 2000 and 2006, when we won the 1st Division. There were people singing Leicester songs in the pub, strangers shaking hands and hugging each other, Leicester City flags hanging in the bars, and that feeling that the whole city is sharing it. Walking home last night, there were so many drunk happy stragglers, football scarves still on, it made me think just how nuts the city will be on the 3rd of May after the final game. Looking forward to it.

Hopefully by then we'll be a good few points ahead of everyone else, in 7th place!

And now, Sunday, is recovery day.

Edited by Leicester Saint