The Leicester City Thread

Leicester Saint

I never really expected when I started this thread that it'd end up being a title-winning season I'd be talking about every week!

But it is! Final score from the Reebok Stadium...

Bolton Wanderers 0

Leicester City 1

An absolute peach of a goal from Lloyd Dyer, and listening to the commentary of it on local radio was brilliant! Quite fitting too that Dyer is one of the remaining players from when I first saw Leicester play about 6 years ago.

So, City WILL go up as champions, and the final game at home to Doncaster should be some occasion! Sellout crowd and the Championship trophy handed to the Foxes. I'll need to get some good pictures that day.

Well done to everyone at the club.

LCFC - Champions!!

BBC Radio Leicester going nuts tonight!! They've just played 'We Are The Champions' alongside highlighted commentary, had fans on the phone in tears, calls from USA from guys who haven't been in years, and the commentators talking about wearing fancy dress to Huddersfield on Saturday!!

There will be a few sore heads around the city tomorrow!

BBC Radio Leicester going nuts tonight!! They've just played 'We Are The Champions' alongside highlighted commentary, had fans on the phone in tears, calls from USA from guys who haven't been in years, and the commentators talking about wearing fancy dress to Huddersfield on Saturday!!There will be a few sore heads around the city tomorrow!

BBC Radio Leicester going nuts tonight!! They've just played 'We Are The Champions' alongside highlighted commentary, had fans on the phone in tears, calls from USA from guys who haven't been in years, and the commentators talking about wearing fancy dress to Huddersfield on Saturday!!There will be a few sore heads around the city tomorrow!

How long has it been since they were last in the Premiership?

Edited by conaldo

How long has it been since they were last in the Premiership?

It's 10 years since they were last there.

Edited by Leicester Saint

Up to 99 points for the season.

Huddersfield Town 0

Leicester City 2

With very much a team of fringe players, another straight forward victory for the Foxes. 4,000 travelling fans cheering them on too, bloody impressive!! Would've been a good one to go to but instead I stayed in sunny Leicester today and watched Soccer Saturday.

Just one more game remaining, Doncaster at home in front of a sell out crowd - no tickets left at all now apparently. The day the trophy will be handed over, should be a great day out. 12:15 kick off so hopefully I'll be able to watch the results from our game and celebrate twice in one day!

It's on bank holiday Monday. City centre will be absolutely PACKED!!!

Ah, didn't realise it was Monday. Then even better! No distractions! :)

I'm sure we'll see it somewhere on the news and in photos. Maybe the club will do some sort of live stream again, who knows? :) Watched the awards live and thoroughly enjoyed it. Anthony Knockaert was hilarious with his songs, Nigel Pearson was quite funny, especially when asked why the players gave him a nickname "headmaster" he replied "because I'm a twat" ! :D Everybody happy and merry, 'twas a good night.

Anybody else thinks Nigel Pearson and Terry Butcher are twins?!

Edited by Lada

Ah, didn't realise it was Monday. Then even better! No distractions! :)

I'm sure we'll see it somewhere on the news and in photos. Maybe the club will do some sort of live stream again, who knows? :) Watched the awards live and thoroughly enjoyed it. Anthony Knockaert was hilarious with his songs, Nigel P was quite funny, especially when asked why the players gave him a nickname "headmaster" he replied "because I'm a twat" ! :D Everybody happy and merry, 'twas a good night.

Anybody else thinks Nigel Pierson and Terry Butcher are twins?!

Nope. Terry Butcher's a c**t.

I never thought when I started this thread back at the beginning of the season that it'd be quite what it's turned out to be. I thought, little bit of fun, give a few people an interest in games in the Championship, and talk about what it's like to be a St.Mirren fan following the Buddies from over 300 miles away, and the pain associated with lumbering myself with 2 teams who'd most likely let me down, instead of just one!!

As it's turned out, I've reported on one of the greatest seasons in Leicester City's history, record points totals, and eventual league champions! Next season's 'Premier League Thread' should be good...

Final game of a 46 game season today. 12:15 kick off, home to Doncaster Rovers.

Good thing about this is it means I can enjoy the Leicester game and then concentrate on checking the St.Mirren score on Soccer Saturday. Far more nervous about that one!

The Leicester game today should pretty much just be a day of celebration. Promotion secured weeks ago, the title won with 2 games to play, and a 10 year absence from the Premier League is over for one of England's bigger teams.

A complete sell out today to see the Championship trophy presented at full time, so depending on how many empty seats for segregation, the crowd should be around 32,000.

Doncaster could well get a result as they're still battling relegation, so depending on how things go elsewhere, both sets of fans could be celebrating at full time! Doncaster's manager is Paul Dickov, another good Scotsman plying his trade down south, and also a former Leicester City favourite, so I reckon the home fans wouldn't be too disappointed if they get a result which keeps them up. Especially if it means Birmingham City get relegated, as they're currently 3rd bottom.

It should be pretty special today. I've lived down here for around 5 years, and followed City pretty much from the start, as a way of getting that fix of live football, and a belief that you follow your local team - I'm a Buddie after all. And I've seen some amazing games, some really poor games, lots of highs and lots of lows.

I always say to people that the similarities with being a St.Mirren fan and a Leicester City fan are often very close. Both big clubs with a very passionate & loyal fan base, who feel their club should be doing better. Under achieving at times, but that very fact making the good times all the more enjoyable.

A feeling that the club is the city and the city is the club, that everyone's in it together. I love that. It's the kind of support that's helped win a title this season, helped St.Mirren win the League Cup last season, and will hopefully see St.Mirren beat Ross County today.

There'll be an unbelievable atmosphere at the King Power Stadium today. I hope all you Buddies create something special at Greenhill Road today too. Remember, it's your club, it's your town, get behind the Buddies from the start, give it your all. Just as we all did when we won the League Cup, the fans can make all the difference.

Meanwhile, I'll be watching from afar, surrounded by drunk, happy, celebrating nutcases!! The city centre should be quite something today. And an open top bus parade through the city to come on Monday, the bank holiday.

Pictures to follow at some point over the weekend no doubt.

Come on you Foxes, and Come on ye Saints!!!!

Not a lot to say about the game today. A 1-0 win for City, pretty uninspiring game, played very much like an end of season fixture.

David Nugent from the penalty spot with about 15 mins remaining was enough to win the match and relegate Doncaster.

Shame for them, Birmingham were 2-0 down at Bolton but equalised deep into injury time to save themselves.

Crowd of 31,424 today. Stands were packed, and then after the presentation of the trophy and lap of honour, most ended up on the pitch, including me! And all in incredible, typical Leicester sunshine!

To make the day even better, St.Mirren win too, and it's a nice Saturday night feeling.

In pubs around town, and even in my neighbourhood, all you see and all you hear are Leicester fans celebrating. It's good to see.

I'll chuck a few pictures of the stadium celebrations on here.

The Leicester/Paisley double is complete yet again ;-)