The Leicester City Thread

Leicester Saint

I'd be more than surprised if they got close to the heady heights of mid table TBH.

It's fine to have ambition, look at Cardiff.

Needs bags of money and a real big bit of luck of a team like Leicester to get above mid table.

Think you've definitely got a point. But one thing these owners have got IS bags of money! And a real ambition to put the team on the map worldwide. The potential revenue for them in the Far East is huge, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them also using Leicester as a way of strengthening their King Power brand and getting a foothold in the west with it.

In terms of league position, teams who have stabilised a mid table position, or had European football even, you only need look at Southampton, Stoke, Swansea. None of whom have the fan base of Leicester.

When these guys took over a few years ago they said that their aim was to be in the top 5 but knew it would take around 3 years and would cost around £80M!! This didn't seem to be an issue for them!

So, ambition, yes. Bags of money, yes. Luck? That remains to be seen I suppose.

• 4 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

What a cracking game that was yesterday. But how can any team throw away a two goal lead? Leicester looked dead and buried but great to see that fightback and to see them in second place in the lead. That winning goal, was Dyer brave or mad or both? And did he know anything about? It was good to see him stir. Thought he was dead for a minute.

Leicester's my "second" team. Lived there for three years when I first moved south. This weekend made for quite a contrast.

Gutted on Saturday night, can find no consolation in that result. Delighted with the final result yesterday, but delight tempered by worry about how poor we were for first 60 mins. Villa were the better team overall.

The two results should cancel each other out but they don't. Not by miles. And not just because St Mirren matter more to me than LCFC.

The burden of being a football fan - or maybe I'm just a miserable Paisley........

Absolutely unbelievable turnaround yesterday! Probably the poorest first half performance I've seen in about a year but then really strong second half.

The Tinkerman tinkered and proved he's got what it takes to change a game. Villa were set up with 2 players so wide that it didn't allow us to play as normal. Half time he brought Dyer on and pushed Mahrez into the hole behind lone striker Vardy, rather than 2 up front. And it worked wonders!

The atmosphere yet again was bloody electric!! It's got to be the noisiest stadium in Britain these days.

It helps soothe the pain of Saturday's letdown, but that still hurts, no matter what happens with City.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Top of the Premier League again! 3 points clear. 10 points clear in the Champions League places.

Man City dropping points last night, Arsenal with a tricky game against Chelsea today.

There are now only 15 games left. However the next 3 are really tough. Get through them with a few points and who knows what could happen?

Top of the Premier League again! 3 points clear. 10 points clear in the Champions League places.

Man City dropping points last night, Arsenal with a tricky game against Chelsea today.

There are now only 15 games left. However the next 3 are really tough. Get through them with a few points and who knows what could happen?

Was a good win yesterday too, Stoke are a dangerous team that have the potential to turn anyone over on the day, so a 3-0 scoreline was brilliant. I really hope Leicester can keep it up. Even if they were to lose 6 (which I can't see them doing) of the last 15 games chances are they would still be in the champions league spots.

Was a good win yesterday too, Stoke are a dangerous team that have the potential to turn anyone over on the day, so a 3-0 scoreline was brilliant. I really hope Leicester can keep it up. Even if they were to lose 6 (which I can't see them doing) of the last 15 games chances are they would still be in the champions league spots.

Stoke were poor yesterday, but we made them look poor I guess. They've been on really good form recently though, so it was definitely a very impressive victory.

Keeps the dream going!

Yes who knows, we are all expecting the bubble to burst. At the start of the season they would have been one of the favourites to go down.

I remember the same scenario happening in Paisley with Tom Hendrie. It would be brilliant if they managed to somehow pull this off.

Yes who knows, we are all expecting the bubble to burst. At the start of the season they would have been one of the favourites to go down.

I remember the same scenario happening in Paisley with Tom Hendrie. It would be brilliant if they managed to somehow pull this off.

Definitely brings back those memories. The feeling in the city is the same at the moment as it was in Paisley back in 1999/2000. Everyone is very much aware that we're witnessing something special happening this season. It's a case of how much we dare to dream! But with every game that passes the dream gets closer.

Claudio Ranieri is treated like the messiah!! And rightly so!

• 2 weeks later...

14 games left, 3pts clear of Man City and 5pts clear of Tottenham and Arsenal. 10 points clear in the Champions League places.

Coming up, Man City away live on TV this Saturday lunchtime, followed by Arsenal away live on TV next Sunday lunchtime.

This is starting to get very, very real.