The Leicester City Thread

Leicester Saint

A Chelsea man through and through but you've just got to love what Leicester are doing. This kind of thing is why people persist with watching football.

Just great.

It proves money isn't everything and that the sport in football still exists.

My youngest son went down to the Etihad Stadium today with a few of his mates. They went down on the sleeper bus to Manchester - arriving at 4am - spent 4 hours in a McDonalds trying to keep warm before heading to the stadium, watching the game and then getting stuck in the Lake District as their bus home broke down. When I spoke to him on the phone he was absolutely buzzing. He's no Leicester fan but he chose this match because he thought it would be a cracker and he wasn't let down.

I love my football but with the desperation for the money of the Old Firm, along with the annual one horse procession to the top league championship every year and with high gate prices to watch really low quality footballers the Scottish game looks like a busted flush.

3-1 away to Man City, 6 points clear at the top, 8 clear of Arsenal & Tottenham, 13 clear of Man Utd.

Yeah, that'll do!

Keep this going, then, why not.

I've just watched them blitz Liverpool and man city. A steady ship and the same attitude, this could happen........and I'd love it.

As slash said though, maybe just a reinforcement for the close out, although I totally understand the managers PoV, , just keep doing this.............you don't f**k about with a winning formula , esp getting to the business end.

I'd love Leicester to do this, it would make Arsenal, Manutd and Mancity awfy silly looking. Sting in the tail, could it be Tottenahm ????

Great season for watching football in Barclays premier.

I am certainly enjoying watching them scare the life out of all the so called big teams in the league. Really hope they do win the league since we all know there is nothing better than a wee team giving the so called big teams a good slap every so often to keep them in place rolleyes.gif

The difference in the attitudes of sports media between Scotland and England are all to prevalent when situations like this arise. Everyone in the media in England seems to be getting on board with what Leicester are doing. Ian Wright on MOTD came out last night and said they'll do it and he frankly hopes they do....This is a man whose team is in the race still.

Contrast this to Scotland and it's sports journalists. Take the commentators for the BBC earlier in the season when St Johnstone went to Ibrox and won at a canter or when Ross County comfortably disposed of Celtic last week. On both occasions the desperation of the pundits for the establishment clubs to get back into the match was dripping from every syllable.

Take Aberdeen, an Aberdeen title win is only going to happen due to the incompetence of Ronny Deila if the press are to be believed, very little credence is actually being given to a side who are ballsy enough not to be put off by the reputation of the big fish in their tiny pond.

There is genuine lethargy in the sports press in Scotland. They fear change as it causes inconvenience for them, as we've all witnessed in the past 4 years. In England though? Well they've finally dropped this nonsensical notion that they have the best league in the world, they now call it the most exciting in the world and let's be honest on the basis of this season it's been difficult to argue.

Edited by djchapsticks

My youngest son went down to the Etihad Stadium today with a few of his mates. They went down on the sleeper bus to Manchester - arriving at 4am - spent 4 hours in a McDonalds trying to keep warm before heading to the stadium, watching the game and then getting stuck in the Lake District as their bus home broke down. When I spoke to him on the phone he was absolutely buzzing. He's no Leicester fan but he chose this match because he thought it would be a cracker and he wasn't let down.

I love my football but with the desperation for the money of the Old Firm, along with the annual one horse procession to the top league championship every year and with high gate prices to watch really low quality footballers the Scottish game looks like a busted flush.

You said you were all going to this game so lying again are we ?

Edited by renfrew

What about the even higher prices down there

That dross on show today and recently most games on Sky have been very poor

Liverpool fans walking out after 77 mins yesterday because of the increase of prices next season even though Sky are giving them more money

The game down there is a basket case

Talking to Middlebourgh fans last season when they were top of the Championship

Weren't looking forward if they went up to the top league because of the prices

I don't think we are alone on value for money

Liverpool fans walking out after 77 mins yesterday because of the increase of prices next season even though Sky are giving them more money

Cherry pick your games , you can get booking tickets for Barclays premiership games at very reasonable prices. Under forty quid for parent and child, great value, great stadia, great customer service, decent seats and ease of movement. Build that into a city break on the piss, it's win win !

£25 for a standard adult ticket to a Sunderland home match, kids are a tenner. At Newcastle they've currently got a five game deal - including the home derby match against Sunderland - advertised for £138 and yesterdays game against West Brom was from £5 admission for all ages. I'd need to check my credit card statement for the price of the Man City tickets but from memory I think they were £30 each and the seats were superb ones, bang on the halfway line, for 1st versus 2nd in the league. My girdlfriends daughter and her boyfriend are also regular visitors to Old Trafford, particularly for cup ties and European Cup ties where the tickets can be much cheaper.

I know I'm being selective here but these are the clubs closest to home and paying an extra £5 - £10 to watch players like David Silva, Sergio Aguero, James Vardy, and Riyad Mahrez rather than Sean Kelly, Alex Cooper, Lewis Kidd and Kyle Hutton seems worth it to me, especially when you look at the standard of the facilities as well, and all the pre match and post match activities put on for free outside the stadium.

In Scotland we are paying way over the top to watch players who are no better really than semi pro standard. Look at the kind of player clubs in our top flight are fighting over to bring north of the border, fighting off competition from the giants of football like Gateshead and Forrest Green.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

£25 for a standard adult ticket to a Sunderland home match, kids are a tenner. At Newcastle they've currently got a five game deal - including the home derby match against Sunderland - advertised for £138 and yesterdays game against West Brom was from £5 admission for all ages. I'd need to check my credit card statement for the price of the Man City tickets but from memory I think they were £30 each and the seats were superb ones, bang on the halfway line, for 1st versus 2nd in the league. My girdlfriends daughter and her boyfriend are also regular visitors to Old Trafford, particularly for cup ties and European Cup ties where the tickets can be much cheaper.

I know I'm being selective here but these are the clubs closest to home and paying an extra £5 - £10 to watch players like David Silva, Sergio Aguero, James Vardy, and Riyad Mahrez rather than Sean Kelly, Alex Cooper, Lewis Kidd and Kyle Hutton seems worth it to me, especially when you look at the standard of the facilities as well, and all the pre match and post match activities put on for free outside the stadium.

In Scotland we are paying way over the top to watch players who are no better really than semi pro standard. Look at the kind of player clubs in our top flight are fighting over to bring north of the border, fighting off competition from the giants of football like Gateshead and Forrest Green.

I won't argue about Sunderland prices as i think they are reasonable as with all North East clubs

But Man City the cheapest i was quoted was £53 and this was against the mighty Swansea and restricted view as well

Man Utd were decent until about 2 years ago were they have shot right up

Don't start about London prices

I won't argue about Sunderland prices as i think they are reasonable as with all North East clubs

But Man City the cheapest i was quoted was £53 and this was against the mighty Swansea and restricted view as well

Man Utd were decent until about 2 years ago were they have shot right up

Don't start about London prices

No - there's no point talking about London. The City prices look odd though. I checked my credit card statement and I was wrong. We paid £44 per ticket for seats on the half way line - not £30. But the cheapest tickets for the match were around the £30 mark. Look at the prices on the Manchester City website right now for their match against Aston Villa on the 5th of March - the front row seats behind the goal are £36. These aren't restricted view seats.

post-306-0-36127500-1454977027_thumb.png

When Bolton and Wigan were in the top flight their prices were incredibly cheap too - I know I paid less to watch Wigan v Manchester United a few years back that I would have done to watch a St Mirren v Kilmarnock match which really highlighted how silly the pricing structure is in Scotland. Obviously the likes of Wigan, Blackpool and Bolton have now dropped out of the top flight but I'm told you can still get cheap tickets at Everton and at Liverpool despite all the recent hype. Everton tickets start at £32 for their upcoming match v Bournemouth and at Liverpool they say that for a Catagory C fixture you can get adult tickets for the Main Stand Upper for just £9.

post-306-0-40064300-1454977624_thumb.png

Edited by Stuart Dickson

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35553082

Good analysis of Leicester City style of play this season.

Captain Sensible/Nosferatu will approve.

It's a good analysis up to a point. But to say it's not always pretty to watch does us a disservice. Some of the passing moves, and some of the dribbling skill of Albrighton and Mahrez in particular, have been a joy to watch.

A perfect example was the quick, short passing move against Liverpool that led to Okazaki getting brought down in the box.

The 2 main points that are true are that we get the ball forward quickly and that when we don't have the ball everyone knows that their job is to defend. Vardy, for example, defends on the opponents' 18 yard box all the time!!

Tomorrow will be interesting. Top 4 playing each other. A win for Leicester would be quite amazing. Fingers crossed!

• 2 weeks later...

The type of win today that screams champions. I don't have an English team but god never have I wanted a team to win it like I want Leicester to win it. A wonderful story to make every diddy fan believe. I've said for weeks now they will do it and every week that passes it becomes more realistic. A wee MU win tomorrow would help and I have a hunch it will happen.

Not the best performance today but certainly an important result. And with 11 games left now that's what really matters.

Nice to see and hear so much support.

I'm a Leicester fan for 2 reasons really. I'm St.Mirren through and through, but I love watching live football. When I moved here I missed that thrill of watching the Buds. I started watching City for a 'football fix'.

Second reason, I strongly believe in following your local team. Who you support should say something about who you are, where you're from...

Leicester's my city now, it's where I belong and where I live, where I work. It's home for me.

So, it means a lot to watch this City side. They're my English St.Mirren. The underdogs who are proving everyone wrong. Like SMFC in 1999-2000.

Let's hope the dream keeps going.

Not the best performance today but certainly an important result. And with 11 games left now that's what really matters.

Nice to see and hear so much support.

I'm a Leicester fan for 2 reasons really. I'm St.Mirren through and through, but I love watching live football. When I moved here I missed that thrill of watching the Buds. I started watching City for a 'football fix'.

Second reason, I strongly believe in following your local team. Who you support should say something about who you are, where you're from...

Leicester's my city now, it's where I belong and where I live, where I work. It's home for me.

So, it means a lot to watch this City side. They're my English St.Mirren. The underdogs who are proving everyone wrong. Like SMFC in 1999-2000.

Let's hope the dream keeps going.

Well Man U did you a good turn today. A draw or a Arsenal win against Spurs next sat would suit you, and you will have the benefit of knowing the score before your game starts.

Well Man U did you a good turn today. A draw or a Arsenal win against Spurs next sat would suit you, and you will have the benefit of knowing the score before your game starts.

Yep good result that. Shame that Spurs came back from 1-0 down, only 15 minutes or so left. Tricky fixtures for Man City & Spurs midweek, then north London derby next Saturday. We just need to keep getting results and the others WILL drop points this week.

Leicester Saint....

I'll be coming down to Leicester with Mrs Boo on the weekend of 17th April for the West Ham game, assuming I can get tickets for the away section. We are staying a couple of nights with a couple we met on holiday who are ST holders and Leicester daft.

What away fan friendly pubs would you recommend for a few pre game beverages?