The Leicester City Thread

Leicester Saint

Kane is more able than cheating Vardy.

Spurs are gonnae win the League.

Yippee

You clearly haven't watched the replays of the Vardy sending off.

Not a penalty, but not a dive either. Their legs get tangled up and Vardy goes to ground.

It doesn't always have to be either a penalty or a dive. Sometimes momentum takes the player out.

But for the referee to be so certain as to issue a yellow card, knowing it would mean a red, smacks of an official desperate to take centre stage.

Too hard to call it now. I never saw Stoke shipping four goals, and I certainly never saw both Newcastle and Sunderland romping to 3-0 wins at the weekend. Who saw that coming?

Great viewing. I have no leanings towards either Leicester or Spurs.

Sure beats watching Aberdeen shite it and Celtic stumble and fall towards a gazillionth title win.

Not a penalty, but not a dive either. Their legs get tangled up and Vardy goes to ground.

It doesn't always have to be either a penalty or a dive. Sometimes momentum takes the player out.

But for the referee to be so certain as to issue a yellow card, knowing it would mean a red, smacks of an official desperate to take centre stage.

I didn't see it like that, Vardy leaves his leg in then, which probably made the referees mind up, dived theatrically, worthy of a Tom Daley medal award.

No point going on about it now, Leicester have had a fair share of penalty awards from referees this season, not all clear cut.

Let's move on, been a great season, no matter what happens.

While people can debate the difficulties of the run in for both teams, and I happen to think Leicester have the more difficult, probably the more telling factor is the recent form of both teams.

Vardys dismissal IS a telling factor and the form of Kane, and supporting cast, is very much on the up.

Time will tell and has been mentioned a very exciting finish to the season.

Spurs are the better football team ,but on work rate not many can match Leicester.

Here's the thing. It seems Leicester are being very much doubted now. Yet here are some facts worth remembering.

A point at home to West Ham isn't a bad result. And given it was with 10 men in the 95th minute, does it not maybe suggest that they never know they're beaten?

Tottenham look shit hot at the moment, but are they going to win every remaining game?

If Spurs even just draw once, City only need 6 more points from 4 games. 2 of those games are Swansea and Everton at home. Got to fancy home wins in both those, no?

And that's assuming we get nothing at Man U or Chelsea!

It's still very much in our hands. And Leicester like being written off, suits Ranieri and the team just fine.

Here's the thing. It seems Leicester are being very much doubted now. Yet here are some facts worth remembering.

A point at home to West Ham isn't a bad result. And given it was with 10 men in the 95th minute, does it not maybe suggest that they never know they're beaten?

Tottenham look shit hot at the moment, but are they going to win every remaining game?

If Spurs even just draw once, City only need 6 more points from 4 games. 2 of those games are Swansea and Everton at home. Got to fancy home wins in both those, no?

And that's assuming we get nothing at Man U or Chelsea!

It's still very much in our hands. And Leicester like being written off, suits Ranieri and the team just fine.

Not many writing them off (forget Shull, he's a lunatic), just pointing out the reality of the situation with, again, Vardy.

I've said for some time that I think the lead is unassailable, there's no wiggle room for Spurs.

You need to chill out, vast majority still hope, and think, Leicester will win it.

I didn't see it like that, Vardy leaves his leg in then, which probably made the referees mind up, dived theatrically, worthy of a Tom Daley medal award.

Aye but you're not wearing blue tinted specs.

I really hope LCFC do it,I really do.????

Leicester now guaranteed a top two finish. Straight into the group stages for champions league next season.

Some achievement.

Not quite yet, but almost. 1 more point required to finish above Man City, and Arsenal still have a game in hand. However, only 3 more points needed to finish above them. So it should just be a matter of time.

You're dead right though, a tremendous achievement.

tbh Vardy did himself no favours with the exaggerated twist and fall, he also clearly put his leg in looking for the contact, admittedly though, acting like most other forward minded, fast players, just standard behaviour really week in week out

There is no question however that the ref was very poor on the day and had some issues, and to award Leicester that late penalty shows that in his own mind , he knew he had to 'balance' things to an extent. I think he attempted to take a stand on the wrestling in the box at every set piece, but basically ended up losing the plot, when you start that , you'd need to be awarding about six penalties per game.

Anyway, game's gone, as said before, a draw, probably erm, 'spot' on.

Its all about how Leicester react now against Swansea. If they toil in their next fixture and don't win and Tottenham cruise their game, there will be a huge momentum shift and Leicester's glorious failure will possibly start to shape as a real story.................the converse is also true, who's to say Tottenham won't trip up in a game shortly, maybe Kane will 'simulate' next and he'll get the pelters.

Squeaky bum time.....................but a fabulous bit of drama all the same

Leicester now guaranteed a top two finish. Straight into the group stages for champions league next season.

Some achievement.

I stand slightly corrected. We're guaranteed a top 3 finish now. Man City and Arsenal have still to play each other, so they can't both finish above Leicester.

Therefore, automatic qualification for the Champions League group stages is guaranteed. No qualifying round to overcome.

Ranieri is a genius to have achieved this for the club.

Regardless of what happens now, this will go down in history as one of the most successful seasons in Leicester City's history.

I stand slightly corrected. We're guaranteed a top 3 finish now. Man City and Arsenal have still to play each other, so they can't both finish above Leicester.

Therefore, automatic qualification for the Champions League group stages is guaranteed. No qualifying round to overcome.

Ranieri is a genius to have achieved this for the club.

Regardless of what happens now, this will go down in history as one of the most successful seasons in Leicester City's history.

Exactly, and 2nd is the worst Leicester will finish. (If it's 3rd, remind me to edit this.lol.gif )

Still favourites for 1st.

Enjoy.

Edited by faraway saint