The Leicester City Thread

Leicester Saint

Just seen the leicester players at the moment they won the league, Priceless

Wonder what the likes of rooney, terry and most of the man city squad on £200k or more

a week, what do they think of these guys.

True grit, determination, spirit and team work you cannot put any figure on that.

Edited by murray street

Spurs completely lost it and deserve all the suspensions that are coming their way, might cost them second place. Poor discipline and bad losers.

Might be good news for the Toon if they can take their survival exploits to the final day. Drama not over in that league yet.

As an exiled Buddie living in Leicester for some years now, it never gets any easier following St.Mirren from afar.Think how you feel when you're on holiday and you're trying to find out the Saints score, relying on Sky TV, phone calls home, or texts from family & friends. Well, that's me every week!Apart from that, I just miss the atmosphere of being at a game, and I look forward to the few games I do get to, or seeing us live on TV whenever we're on.To try to still get some kind of football fix, I started following Leicester City, my local team obviously, and while never a replacement, is still really enjoyable.I go to see them often, even been to a few away games, and got quite into it. Once I got over the fact they play in blue, it was fine. It's only a colour...All my family & friends have been to matches too and it's usually a pretty bloody amazing atmosphere!So, I thought I might write about my football experiences, following Leicester City, looking for news on St.Mirren and hoping for wins for both.Updates on City's games, life in the Championship, my thoughts on what's happening in Paisley at the same time, that kind of thing. I'll see how it feels and write what might be interesting. Maybe at the end of the season I'll write a book, who knows!?If you're not interested in it, that's fine, you don't have to read it! But I thought it might be interesting to let people hear about the life of a distant Buddie trying to get through the season with his adopted team, but as a still very committed St.Mirren fan. If nothing else, it might be quite cathartic for me to do it!! (Thanks Thommo...)Any other exiles will, I'm sure, empathise!!So, first game(s) this weekend. Saints are at ICT, Leicester away to Middlesbrough. A point for both wouldn't be a disaster. Reckon it'll be Soccer Saturday for me, and bitten fingernails!Come on ye Saints, and Come on you Foxes!

This worked out OK I suppose ⚽️

A momentous achievement by Leicester and amazing mental strength shown by a squad wonderfully managed by a master of his trade. Inspirational for all us "diddy club" supporters. Just imagine how any of us would feel if by some similar miracle this could happen to a team like us up here. It's very difficult to imagine never mind comprehend. A fabulous story.

A momentous achievement by Leicester and amazing mental strength shown by a squad wonderfully managed by a master of his trade. Inspirational for all us "diddy club" supporters. Just imagine how any of us would feel if by some similar miracle this could happen to a team like us up here. It's very difficult to imagine never mind comprehend. A fabulous story.

Can't happen up here. Sure, Leicester are unfashionable, a small team compared to Arsenal, Man City and Co, but still, they are owned by a Thai billionaire who promised to spend £180 million in three years to bring European football to Leicester. Leicester, by avoiding relegation, operated in the land of milk and honey TV income. They could afford to pay £8 million for Ulloa. They had the chance to do what they did, a sniff, it was possible - as it was for Tottenham to break into the chain of Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea winning the title. Leicester's achievement IS amazing I am not belittling their achievement, not at all.

When Hibs got a good team - the OF raped it for talent. When Dundee Utd got a good team - one half of the OF raped it for talent. It simply cannot happen up here unless a tactical nuclear strike from North Korea takes out Celtic and Rangers 2012.

Leicester got a good team and it wasn't dismantled and raped as larger predators who simply could not be denied swooped to cripple it. Clearly, Spurs have also built a handy team. Next season, it could be Liverpool, it could be Spurs again, hell, it could be Everton or Newcastle if they just happen to get the formula right, even for one glorious season. It MIGHT happen. It IS possible.

Edited by pozbaird

Can't happen up here. Sure, Leicester are unfashionable, a small team compared to Arsenal, Man City and Co, but still, they are owned by a Thai billionaire who promised to spend £180 million in three years to bring European football to Leicester. Leicester, by avoiding relegation, operated in the land of milk and honey TV income. They had the chance to do what they did, a sniff, it was possible - as it was for Tottenham to break into the chain of Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea winning the title.

When Hibs got a good team - the OF raped it for talent. When Dundee Utd got a good team - one half of the OF raped it for talent. It simply cannot happen up here unless a tactical nuclear strike from North Korea takes out Celtic and Rangers 2012.

Leicester got a good team and it wasn't dismantled and raped. So did Spurs. Next season, it could be Liverpool, it could be Spurs, hell, it could be Everton or Newcastle. It MIGHT happen. It IS possible.

It is all relative though... The same riches are available for their opposition.

One stat for me summed it up perfectly.

Manchester Utd in the last two years has spent more on players than Leicester has done in its entire 130 year history!

It is all relative though... The same riches are available for their opposition.

One stat for me summed it up perfectly.

Manchester Utd in the last two years has spent more on players than Leicester has done in its entire 130 year history!

No, even MORE riches are available to the likes of Man Utd than Leicester if you look at merchandise income, gate income, all sorts. As I said, I am not belittling Leicester trumping the really big boys of the EPL. I was looking at it from the POV expressed in the post I replied to that it would be amazing if a 'diddy club' up here emulated Leicester....

Is. Not. Happening.

I have long argued that the attraction to me of the EPL is the strength in depth behind the true big boys - and there are five of those... Man U, Man C, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool. West Ham - there's another smaller (relatively) club who, this season, look tasty. Good manager, good team. Good results. Moving to a 60,000 stadium with hope that they could be the next Leicester. It really is possible.

Down there, doing a Leicester is a possibility. Up here - do me a favour. What is it now? 25, 26 years of 'OF' titles?

Edited by pozbaird

No, even MORE riches are available to the likes of Man Utd than Leicester if you look at merchandise income, gate income, all sorts. As I said, I am not belittling Leicester trumping the really big boys of the EPL. I was looking at it from the POV expressed in the post I replied to that it would be amazing if a 'diddy club' up here emulated Leicester....

Is. Not. Happening.

I have long argued that the attraction to me of the EPL is the strength in depth behind the true big boys - and there are five of those... Man U, Man C, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool. West Ham - there's another smaller (relatively) club who, this season, look tasty. Good manager, good team. Good results. Moving to a 60,000 stadium with hope that they could be the next Leicester. It really is possible.

Down there, doing a Leicester is a possibility. Up here - do me a favour. What is it now? 25, 26 years of 'OF' titles?

Man Utd, home gate receipts , iro £3.2 million, per your average match day game. Truly mind bending stuff.

Can't happen up here. Sure, Leicester are unfashionable, a small team compared to Arsenal, Man City and Co, but still, they are owned by a Thai billionaire who promised to spend £180 million in three years to bring European football to Leicester. Leicester, by avoiding relegation, operated in the land of milk and honey TV income. They could afford to pay £8 million for Ulloa. They had the chance to do what they did, a sniff, it was possible - as it was for Tottenham to break into the chain of Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea winning the title. Leicester's achievement IS amazing I am not belittling their achievement, not at all.

Leicester got a good team and it wasn't dismantled and raped as larger predators who simply could not be denied swooped to cripple it. Clearly, Spurs have also built a handy team. Next season, it could be Liverpool, it could be Spurs again, hell, it could be Everton or Newcastle if they just happen to get the formula right, even for one glorious season. It MIGHT happen. It IS possible.

Thats a lot of raping, how about some pillaging to even things out?