The Leicester City Thread

Leicester Saint

I'm not sure if this link has already been posted by someone else.

The Guardian football pundits made their predictions for the Premiership back in August 2015. It makes interesting reading.

9 of the 11 predicted Leicester City to be one of the three relegated teams.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/aug/05/premier-league-2015-16-season-predictions

What a day. What a night. I've never seen anything like it...!

I was 15 when we won the Scottish Cup, but I still celebrated it! I've seen us win that, plus the League Cup, the Challenge Cup, and the second tier league 3 times. Add to that the Anglo-Scottish Cup and countless Renfrewshire Cups, plus cup semis and European adventures.

But I've never seen anything like Leicester today. f**king mental! Mental! But good mental!

I started this thread as a bit of fun, as a Saints fan living his life following a second team because he had to move away from Paisley.

I never thought I'd see this! Especially as the city I've moved to isn't London, or Manchester, or Liverpool. But Leicester...

I'm very proud tonight. This is my adopted city. It has my heart now, and I love the fact that I live somewhere that has a lot of the things I've always loved about being a St.Mirren fan.

One city, one team, all in it together. Underdogs, battling against the established teams. Passionate fans, all with one aim, one hope, dreaming for that impossibility that might just become possible.

It's happened here this season. And who is to say that SMFC can't do the same?

We can dream. Everything is possible if we believe.

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to the Champions League next season, and who knows, 2 in a row!!??

COYS

COYB

Everything was so professionally done. I noticed for example that Leicester played the game in their new kit, but after the match, even though emotions would be mega-high looking to the trophy handover, someone had organised the entire squad changing back into this season's current kit - socks, shorts, the lot. This ensured the historic photos and footage that would be taken would be consistent with the kit worn all season. When Leicester release the inevitable DVDs, from season's start to season's end, it all ties up.

Over to you St Mirren. Gie's the new strips... Cannae' gie's a hall of fame panel after...... Cue signature text....

Frankly, now a disgrace.

One for Leicester Saint - who are Leicester's main 'derby game' rivals? Internet says Forest, but Derby and Coventry are regarded as derbies for Leicester too. I thought Forest v Derby was the big rivalry down there. Obviously in West Midlands it is Villa v Birmingham, what's the deal in the East Midlands regarding Leicester?

Edited by pozbaird

One for Leicester Saint - who are Leicester's main 'derby game' rivals? Internet says Forest, but Derby and Coventry are regarded as derbies for Leicester too. I thought Forest v Derby was the big rivalry down there. Obviously in West Midlands it is Villa v Birmingham, what's the deal in the East Midlands regarding Leicester?

It's a bit of an unusual one, there's not really an obvious main rival.

For most Leicester fans the biggest rivalry is probably Forest. That's the team who get 'mentioned' in songs most often, and the atmosphere when Forest are in town can be quite heavy, but mostly from Leicester towards Forest. Forest and Derby is the real derby match though, much closer to each other.

Games against Villa can be pretty intense too, although nothing like a typical derby.

Any game against a Welsh team tends to be a big deal, as do the expected Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea type of games.

But no, not any true 'blood & guts' derby matches.

It's a bit of an unusual one, there's not really an obvious main rival.

For most Leicester fans the biggest rivalry is probably Forest. That's the team who get 'mentioned' in songs most often, and the atmosphere when Forest are in town can be quite heavy, but mostly from Leicester towards Forest. Forest and Derby is the real derby match though, much closer to each other.

Games against Villa can be pretty intense too, although nothing like a typical derby.

Any game against a Welsh team tends to be a big deal, as do the expected Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea type of games.

But no, not any true 'blood & guts' derby matches.

.... maybe forge a rivalry with Barcelona or Real Madrid next season? clap.gif

Watching the live coverage of the open top bus parade :)

Delighted it's dry and sunny for the tens of thousands of supporters to enjoy the occasion

Excellent stuff

No different to Paisley 29 years ago today then......????

What an absolutely amazing day and night!! They reckon there was close to 250,000 people in Leicester last night!

Got great views of the bus with all the players and the trophy on London Road. Picked my spot well so I was right next to it!

Then on to the crazy scenes in Victoria Park. Unbelievable. All the players on stage, everyone celebrating, flags waving, people cheering & singing. All very, very good natured, with everyone having a drink of one thing or another.

And all topped off by a surprise 4 song set by Kasabian live on the stage. Just brilliant!

What a fantastic time. Will live long in the memory.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Currently down in the East Midlands for a long weekend. Went to the King Power Stadium earlier today. Club shop was huge... now, steady yourselves folks... they had team kits on sale in it. Amazing, huh? Place was really busy. Fans buying the new white away kit mostly. The stadium itself is un-impressive from the outside. Identikit modern stadium. Could be Derby, could be Middlesborough, could be any of these new grounds. Leicester itself was a very nice city though. Never been here before, very clean and a pretty city with tons of old architecture and interesting history. Definitely worth a visit if you haven't been here.

Definitely a 'one town one team' vibe here. Like Newcastle.... Except their team aren't shite and got relegated. Very impressed by my visit to Leicester, and sounds like it means I avoided a shit-fest at FeegieField... 

Edited by pozbaird