The Leicester City Thread

Leicester Saint

post-8394-1379451941472_thumb.jpg

Great performance tonight! 2-0 up at half time and could've easily been 5-0 within the opening ten mins of the second half. The period is as good as I've seen Leicester play in ages. Scarily good. They then let Blackburn back into it with a penalty the ref HAD to give after he Leicester a soft looking one at the end of the first half.

Blackburn looked really shite throughout. They'll struggle this season again. Jordan Rhodes with their goal. Lloyd Dyer for City after about 10 or 12 mins then David Nugent from the spot just before half time.

Dunno the crowd cos they never announced it, unusually. But looked smaller than normal. I'd guess about 19-20 thousand. f**king freezing tonight though, that didnt help.

Anyway, top of the league! And now an out of character midweek pint to celebrate, helped by the few tasty looking girls in 9 Bar ;-)

All in all, a decent night!

Blackpool away on Saturday. Now THAT would be good!

Cracking game for City today. Blackpool away. Quite fancied actually going to this one but we only get 2200 tickets so it sells out pretty quick.

Real top of the table clash. Pool have started well considering they were quite poor last year, and their home form's usually not bad, so it should be a tight match. It looks a banker draw on the coupon, probably a scoring draw at that. But I've got a little feeling for 2-0 to Leicester. Let's hope so.

Soccer Saturday for me. Bets and bitten fingernails. I'm more than a little worried about our trip to Easter Road today, and the chances of the Leicester/Paisley double seem very slim today.

Still...come on ye Saints, and come on you Foxes!!

Cracking game for City today. Blackpool away. Quite fancied actually going to this one but we only get 2200 tickets so it sells out pretty quick.Real top of the table clash. Pool have started well considering they were quite poor last year, and their home form's usually not bad, so it should be a tight match. It looks a banker draw on the coupon, probably a scoring draw at that. But I've got a little feeling for 2-0 to Leicester. Let's hope so.Soccer Saturday for me. Bets and bitten fingernails. I'm more than a little worried about our trip to Easter Road today, and the chances of the Leicester/Paisley double seem very slim today.Still...come on ye Saints, and come on you Foxes!!

A Saints and Leicester winning double today!

COME ON!!!

Bit of a catch up on the last few days.

2-2 draw away to Blackpool on Saturday. Not a bad result in itself, but losing an injury time penalty after being 1-0 down then winning 2-1 made it seem more like a defeat.

That, and mainly St.Mirren's capitulation at Easter Road meant I really couldn't be f**ked posting on here afterwards!

Still, 3rd in The Championship is a good start, and only 3 behind QPR at the top.

Fast forward a few days and a League Cup tie at the King a Power to local rivals Derby County. As most teams do, a shadow squad played, but were still good enough to win 2-1 after trailing 1-0. As I mentioned when the draw was made, an easy passage to the next round - we ALWAYS beat Derby!!

I didn't even manage to get to the game as I was working late. Pish!

Draw for the next round made on Sky after the Man U - Liverpool game tonight. Could be a big tie, the wheat's being separated from the chaff.

Barnsley at home today.

On paper an easy 3 points for Leicester. However, Barnsley are bastards. Watching them is like watching Airdrie in the early 90s. Dirty, cheating, fouling, time wasting, spoiling tactics.

They came to the King Power last season and played like that, and came away with the result.

So, it could be a tough one. An early goal or two for City and they'll coast to victory. The longer the game goes on at 0-0 though and the trickier it could be.

Having said that, I've a feeling we'll f**k them today. We've been on a great run of form without really giving someone a proper doing. Today could be that day. And at least I don't need to worry about the St.Mirren result for a change!

Come on you Foxes!!

Another solid 3 points for City today. Never really looked in danger. One of those games when you never really get into top gear but still win.

3rd in the league now, keeping the pressure on. 2 goals from David Nugent. First is a f**king great finish. Clinical as hell. Second, a penalty (again!) which is also put away perfectly.

Decent crowd today too, although the Barnsley crowd was fooking shite. Pic attached of Leicester goal celebrations with shite away support in the background. f**king northern monkeys!

Go on the Leicester! :-)

post-8394-13803961075347_thumb.jpg

Yeovil Town away tonight.

Pretty much a full Championship card although QPR aren't playing so, depending on results, City COULD go top of the league tonight.

Won't be an easy game. Yeovil appear to be quite stuffy at home, but we should have too much for them really.

Second night in a row I'll be wondering what's going on in a game miles away. At least tonight I'll have Sky updates, and could actually listen to Radio Leicester commentary if I wanted. Biased as f**k, so it's generally pretty good :-)

Come on you Foxes!

Very strange comment. Especially from someone who accused me of being a racist when all I did was say that I did not agree with foreign ownership.

Next you will be joining up with the Leicester EDL.

I take it you've never seen 'Lock, Stock, And Two Smoking Barrels'

Or can't take a joke.

Stop being a pest.

It's always a good competitive league the Championship. Leicester probably need to get promoted this season or else it will be curtains for Pearson.

Thought they might have ditched him last season, but staying loyal may be the best decision their owners have made so far.

I'm sure teams like Reading, Birmingham and Blackburn will be in and around the play-off spots by end of season.

The problem for many of these teams is staying in the EPL once promoted. Despite loads of money QPR went straight back down. Hull have had a great start, but can they sustain it.

Norwich, Stoke, Swansea, West Ham, Newcastle, Southampton to name just a few that have stayed up in recent years after promotion. Others have stayed up but then fallen victim to the second season problem that seems to hit some teams.

Leicester have the potential to do well, IF promoted. Big club from a big city, large fan base, owners with cash to spare.

I actually think getting out of the Championship will prove harder for Leicester than staying up should they get promoted.

We'll see how the season goes. It's a good start, nothing more at this stage.

However, another great 3 points away from home tonight. Only goal difference keeps them off top spot.

• 3 weeks later...

Been longer than I'd have liked to post on my Leicester City thread. However......

I've been working like f**k the last few weeks!

Been away from home quite a lot, working long hours, but also managed to make a weekend visit to Scotland for our fantastic 2-0 win at Tynecastle, and a PROPER day out. Memories....

So now, sat at home with an incredibly large glass of wine, my thoughts turn to tomorrow.

Huddersfield Town at home. Last season, the same fixture was a festive 'treat' with a 6-1 win for City. Half that will do tomorrow. Be interesting to see the bookies price cos this is one to get your cash on I reckon. They'll fight relegation this year, and the Foxes will (hopefully) push for the title.

Up early in the morning for me to go buy my ticket, then bit of breakfast before tea turns to lager, and the game gets going.

Really looking forward to going to an actual live game again tomorrow after the international break. Should be good. And knowing I'm off work all weekend makes it all the better.

Prediction you say? I hear you. Well, I'm thinking 3-1 to Leicester. There's one other potential money making bet. Get your cash on Anthony Knockaert to score any time. He's scored 4 times in the last 2 games against the Yorkshire dullards.

IF he plays.

Anyway, I've talked long enough! More tomorrow I guess.

Come on the Foxes!

Another victory for Leicester yesterday.

Had a look of a real pumping first half, 2-0 up at the break and totally dominating. 2nd half was very scrappy and not much of a game, although City missed a couple of really straight forward chances to wrap things up and ended up being glad of the final whistle.

Highlight of the game was the performance in the Leicester goal of Kasper Schmeichel. Some unbelievably good saves and no wonder he's now a Danish international. I remember him being on loan at Falkirk years ago and thinking he was pish! But honestly, better than his old man, and that's saying something.

6 wins on the trot at home now, that's the bet to get on of a Saturday, City at home. Still 3rd, but looking strong this year. The title is definitely a possibility.

Decent crowd yesterday too, 22,279 (I think that's what they said), and not many of them from Yorkshire.

Huddersfield ended up with 10 men late on, although I never saw why as I was too busy reading a text from 'Jumbo Whiffy' telling me that St.Mirren had just gone 4-3 up!

My phone was in and out of my pocket so many times yesterday, thanks to our game. Every time it went, I was like, "oh f**k, what now!?" Thankfully though yesterday was the LPD. The Leicester/Paisley double ;-)

Nice to have a full week of basking in that glory. Well done the Foxes and the Buds.

A team I've never seen before today, AFC Bournemouth. Strange how they choose to have a name that makes them sound a bit more continental!

On paper this is an easy 3 points for City. But...they've actually done ok since being promoted last season, and are currently 10th, so it's not guaranteed.

Leicester are still 3rd behind Burnley & QPR, but they play each other today so something's got to give.

Let's hope we can take advantage of it.

Come on you Foxes!

I took your advice and picked Leicester for a home win.

Brilliant.

Pity Wycombe, Reading and Derby didn't win though ;-)

I know this reply should really be on the Gambling thread, but Reading f**ked me for £287 today, the bastards. I picked Leicester too, along with Brentford & Leyton Orient.

Leicester up to 2nd though. Ground out the win today to be honest. Against 10 men for the last 20-odd minutes too. Another goal from goal machine David Nugent, great finish, and a lovely round the keeper finish from Jamie (Reg) Vardy.

Decent crowd today as well, 23,357, and not a bad turnout from Bournemouth, for a small team.

Best thing about Leicester's victory today though is that Papa John's pizza shop were offering half price pizzas if Leicester scored 2 goals today!

Shite score for the Buds. Less said the better. My vibrating phone was seriously f**king me off today. Thanks brother.

Automatic promotion spot in the league for Leicester now. This really could be the year. Let's hope so.

What a game! What a result! What a performance!

Leicester City 4

(Premier League) Fulham 3

Out the cup they go!

This was a proper cup tie, end to end action, lots of goals, meaty tackles, great skills, great goals, fantastic entertainment!

Total drama too. 1-0 down and Fulham controlling things, City scored twice just before half time to lead 2-1. First couple of minutes of the 2nd half and it's 3-1. Within seconds of centre being taken, 3-2!

With a couple of minutes to go Fulham finally break down a resolute defence to equalise. Shite!!! Is what everyone thought. In the final minute, City break forward, cross to Lloyd Dyer, and it's 4-3! The roof almost came off a The King Power Stadium there and then! The atmosphere for the SIX(!) minutes of injury time was absolutely electric.

So, has a winnable game turned into a winnable trophy?? Possibly! Not many teams left now. And if Bradford can get to the final last year, why couldn't Leicester go a step further this year.

Something I learned from Saints' League Cup run last year. BELIEVE...