The Leicester City Thread

Leicester Saint

it's a trophy we've won a few times before so the history is there too.

We have indeed. I remember 1997 & 2000: Steve Claridge, Emile Heskey, Stevie Walsh, Mark Robins, Muzzy Izzett, Matt Elliott, Martin O'Neil .................. Robbie Savage ph34r.png , Neil Lennon ph34r.pngph34r.png ,

We have indeed. I remember 1997 & 2000: Steve Claridge, Emile Heskey, Stevie Walsh, Mark Robins, Muzzy Izzett, Matt Elliott, Martin O'Neil .................. Robbie Savage Posted Image , Neil Lennon Posted ImagePosted Image ,

Season before last, during a free Saturday for Sellick, guest on the pitch at half time was none other than Neil Lennon. He got a standing ovation as you'd expect - he's a City legend after all. Think I was the only person in the whole home end standing with my arms folded. The guy next to me was having a good chuckle to himself (he knows I'm a Saints fan)

Well, tomorrow sees Leicester try to maintain their 100% start to the season, with the visit of dirty Leeds.

Unfortunately, I'm going to miss this one as I'll be flying to sunshine, beaches, cocktails, and desperate attempts to find out scores on dodgy Sky TV connections in Spanish bars.

Live on Sky tomorrow so I should be able to catch the game when I land, even if it's only the second half.

A huge game for City. Leeds aren't that great, but it's still tricky. Get a win though, and the confidence will be sky high.

I predict 2-1 to the blues, with mental f**king riots around the stadium and near the train station. There'll probably be more police on duty tomorrow than usually attend matches in the Scottish Championship.

Come on you Foxes!!

Watched the game in a boiling hot bar drinking ice cold beer, with the sea over my shoulder.

0-0, with only 1 really great chance. Chris Wood cracked the post in the final ten minutes to make me go 'oooohhhhh!!!'. Dunno how well that went down with the half dozen Leeds fans and their families in the bar. In fact, think I was sitting at the only table of people wanting Leicester to win.

Still unbeaten though.

Annoying thing is the way the TV cameras show the Leeds fans as if they're the only team in the league with a big support. I still saw spaces in their end. There won't be any tickets to spare when City visit Elland Road later in the season.

Hate Leeds. Everyone does.

Watched the game in a boiling hot bar drinking ice cold beer, with the sea over my shoulder.

Ah yes. (Gordon) Bank's Bar and Grill in the KP. Never been - but isn't it the slightly oil-slicked River Soar you can see from it?

And maybe Lex's Holiday Inn Express out the corner of your eye?

Ah yes. (Gordon) Bank's Bar and Grill in the KP. Never been - but isn't it the slightly oil-slicked River Soar you can see from it?

And maybe Lex's Holiday Inn Express out the corner of your eye?

Try 30 degree heat, and the Atlantic Ocean in the background! Canarias rather than Countesthorpe ;-)

So, the next games approach, and I still won't have seen a football kicked in live action!

Watched the 0-0 draw with Leeds in the baking heat of the Canaries, and tomorrow will be watching Soccer Saturday in that same bloody heat, hoping for victories for St.Mirren & Leicester City (as well as no doubt having a little dabble on my SkyBet account!)

Derby away tomorrow. Big local derby, not much love lost here. We've got a pretty good recent record here though, and probably played the best football in the entire Championship last season when we beat them.

They look much better this season and have made some good signings in Johnny Russell and Chris Martin. Also, in Will Hughes, they have probably the most exciting young talent in the league at the moment.

However, I've got a feeling this could finally be the year for City.

I'll go for a 2-1 win, goals from Nugent and King.

Meanwhile, in Paisley? f**k knows!! Probably 1-1, but hopefully we'll f**k them 1-0!!

The Foxes must fancy their chances against Birmingham this weekend.

My mates a Blues fan and he says he will be happy if they stay up!!

Might be a tight game - Birmingham have won 1 and lost 2 - all by a scoreline of 1-0.

Players to look out for are Scottish internationals Chris Burke and Andrew Shinnie, ex-Dundee Utd Scott Allan - on loan from WBA, Randolph (ex-Motherwell), Bartley (ex-Rangers) and Murphy (ex-Hibs).

Going for a home win and Leicester to remain unbeaten.

Edited by oscar

It really should be 3 points for Leicester this weekend. Birmingham haven't looked a decent side at all since their relegation from the top league.

Should be a good turn out given the Foxes good start, and Birmingham usually have a decent support.

It should also see my first game of the season, which brings about a WHOLE new ball game in trying to keep in touch with the St.Mirren score. My brother will be much needed with texts this weekend!

Anyone heading to the game down there id heartily recommend the boozer ' The Sir Robert Peel ' about 10 mins walk from the ground. Became my local in my couple of weeks down here and it's a fantastic wee pub.

Not one I'd recommend if you're coming to the game from Birmingham!!!

Full of bams on a Saturday match day, as most pubs near the ground are.

The F Bar is possibly the dodgiest pub I've ever been in before a football match! I used to go there before every home game just to 'enjoy' the atmosphere. Absolutely f**king MENTAL place. I kept waiting for Danny Dyer to turn up.

Another victory for Leicester!

Leicester City 3

Birmingham City 2

1-0 down at half time and playing absolutely shite. Combine that with hearing Saints are 2-0 down and I wasn't in the most chuffed of moods.

Nigel Pearson seems to have a thing about leaving the flair players out of the side, and the first half performance showed that. Bereft of ideas and a cutting edge.

At half time he brought on Anthony Knockaert and Lloyd Dyer. What a difference they made! Two very skilful, very direct attacking players.

But it still took until about 15mins to go before we even equalised.

Check the goals out when you see the highlights. The first two are almost identical finishes. Great strikes from Jamie Vardy and Andy King.

Then a late penalty from David Nugent made it 3-1.

An even later consolation goal from Chris Burke (remember him!?) was the goal of the match and is well worth catching on TV.

So, another 3 points, and up to 2nd in The Championship - one of the automatic promotion spots. Second to Blackpool (f**king Blackpool!!??) on goal difference only. If we hadn't conceded that VERY late 2nd goal Wed be behind them by virtue of alphabetical order!

Attendance 21,229, with a quite disappointing 1500 or so I reckon from Birmingham. Considering how close and accessible to Leicester, that's pretty shit.

I'll post a couple of pics. And I won't bother saying anything else about the shite St.Mirren result.

A night in front of Soccer Special for me tonight.

Strange that while St.Mirren are in Dumfries, Leicester City are just a few miles down the road in Carlisle!

Maybe DL should pop down and see if Nigel Pearson fancies loaning him anyone!

Tricky one for Leicester tonight but I'd expect another win to be honest. Like most bigger clubs at this stage, they'll play a lot of fringe players but should still have too much for Carlisle.

Wonder if Lewis Guy will be on for United?

I'll predict 3-1 to Leicester. As for the Buddies tonight? God knows!

Come on the Foxes and the Buddies!

I go and see Peterborough Utd occasionally, very disappointed when they got relegated to league one. I was going to invest in a season ticket had they stayed in the Championship.

I've still never been there. Got invited a couple if times in the last couple of years but always had other plans.

Looks like a great little old fashioned ground. Covered terraces behind the goals, and a good atmosphere. Plus, with Leicester being so close we always take a great support through.

Be back on next season cos Peterborough WILL get promotion. Although City could be on their way to the Premier!!