The Leicester City Thread

Leicester Saint

I've still never been there. Got invited a couple if times in the last couple of years but always had other plans.

Looks like a great little old fashioned ground. Covered terraces behind the goals, and a good atmosphere. Plus, with Leicester being so close we always take a great support through.

Be back on next season cos Peterborough WILL get promotion. Although City could be on their way to the Premier!!

I was on the terracing last season at a game against Blackburn, cùnt next to me had a red hand of ulster flag for the northern irish player mcann, so I had to move thumbdown.gif

Final score tonight

Carlisle United 2

Leicester City 5

Great score, and from 1-0 down too. Look forward to seeing the goals later on. Hat-trick from Chris Wood will do his confidence the world of good.

Bring on somebody shite at home in the next round please. We'll leave the bigger teams to the semi-final and final. Maybe Peterborough in the next round!? Terrific score for them tonight, beating Championship team Reading 6-0!!

As I write, St.Mirren are still 1-1 at QOS. Come on to f**k Saints!!!

Charlton Athletic away today.

This is the sort of game that we'd normally f**k up in, so lets see if this really does have the potential to be a big season for Leicester.

Charlton have started poorly, so it should be a victory, but City tend to be very St.Mirren-like when it comes to games they SHOULD win.

It'll be Soccer Saturday for me today, with my hangover and my betting slips.

Let's hope for 3 points for the Buds against the wankers from Glasgow, and 3 points for the Foxes in London town.

Come on!

Charlton 2-1 Leicester

The Foxes lose for the first time this season.

Has the bubble burst already?

Too early to say.

Sounds like the ref shafted us today with the red card, and by all accounts even with 10 men we were the ones chasing the game.

Bad one though. It's been a f**king shite day for football.

My bets were f**king bollocks as well.

Heard the Crystal Palace fans singing their version of "we're Leicester and that's the way we like it" , (which is quite possibly the worst chant I have ever heard at a football game) .

I can't believe that has caught on!!!

It was the Palace fans who started that, as far as I'm aware.

I went down there for a midweek game when I was off on holiday a couple of years ago and their fans were singing bit.

Best atmosphere I've ever heard from a relatively smallish crowd that night. Prob only about 14,000 but they kept behind their team constantly. You could hear it tonight as well.

Funny footnote to that story is that on the train down to south London, I saw Roy Cropper from Coronation Street talking to some City fans. Turns out he's a Leicester City fan!!

• 2 weeks later...

Wigan at home this weekend. Could be tricky, but Wigan have looked inconsistent since dropping down from the Premier.

A few players on both sides on international duty last week so it'll be interesting to see the line ups.

Need a win to keep up the pressure at the top of the league. Getting a good start to the campaign can make all the difference.

Will I be there this week, checking my phone constantly for updates from Paisley?

No. I'll be at St.Mirren v Motherwell this weekend, checking for updates from Leicester!!

Back in Paisley for the weekend. Lets hope it's a winning one.

Come on ye Saints, and Come on you Foxes!!

Wigan at home this weekend. Could be tricky, but Wigan have looked inconsistent since dropping down from the Premier.

A few players on both sides on international duty last week so it'll be interesting to see the line ups.

Need a win to keep up the pressure at the top of the league. Getting a good start to the campaign can make all the difference.

Will I be there this week, checking my phone constantly for updates from Paisley?

No. I'll be at St.Mirren v Motherwell this weekend, checking for updates from Leicester!!

Back in Paisley for the weekend. Lets hope it's a winning one.

Come on ye Saints, and Come on you Foxes!!

Saints & Leicester both to draw.

Another good steady win for Leicester yesterday. Up to 4th in the league now and looking higher.

I had the joys if finding out the score while I watched the shite on offer at St.Mirren Park. First half was actually ok I thought, but the 2nd half performance was dreadful.

At least one of my teams won :-(

The first LIVE pre-match report of the season!

A wet, drizzly night at The King Power Stadium for the visit of Blackburn Rovers.

They have been really poor since relegation just over a year ago and, with City's good start to the season, it all points to a home win. However...this is football we're talking about!

The surface could make for an interesting game, and Leicester like to knock the ball around and use their pace, so the zip of the ball on wet grass could really suit.

Not quite sure who the Blackburn manager is this week. Probably on their second or third of the season already if last years anything to go by.

A difficult combination of results could actually see City go top tonight but I'm not expecting it. To be honest, especially at this early stage, as long as they can just build up a good, solid run of form to keep them in the top 3 or 4 places then there's every chance of success in May.

After Saturday's debacle in Paisley this will hopefully be entertaining, exciting, with a good atmosphere, and a victory for the home team. But like I said, this IS football!

Come on you Foxes!