The Leicester City Thread

Leicester Saint

No posts for a little while from me. Been a tad busy with clearing up after a break in, so.....(f**king cunts)

Last week quickly first. Away to Watford. Really difficult game. But a 3-0 win for Leicester!!! If you haven't already seen it check out Leicester's first goal. It's one of the funniest goals you'll ever see.

Burnley could only draw so the gap at the top is down to only 1 point now.

And to today. What a game in prospect. Nottingham Forest at home. East Midlands derby and an incredibly hostile atmosphere. Around 30,000 tickets sold for this one, with probably about 4 or 5 thousand Forest fans. I've been to a few of these and it's always f**king bedlam. We're talking riot police, pitch invasions, fans jumping into the other end. It's nuts.

Leicester are on amazing form at the moment. 2nd in the league, last 8 of the League Cup, and have won something like 8 or 9 games in a row at home.

I'm really looking forward to this one, always good. To make it even more special, it's the Remembrance Day fixture, which for most clubs means a minute's silence. However, at Leicester they have the match ball flown in by helicopter from The Royal Navy just before kick off, onto the centre circle, which is f**king amazing! Then, for those of you who know, Leicester have a bugler who greets the teams onto the pitch every week with the Foxhunter Gallop, he plays The Last Post to complete silence. It really makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up and brings a lump to the throat. It's absolute class.

To the game, who knows!? Leicester are favourites but it's a derby so you can never tell. If Leicester win the stadium will literally be bouncing. Could go top tonight as well, so it has the potential to be a great day. But.....we all know what football can be like!! It could also be a really shit day!

One thing that will make it brilliant for me in any case is that my brother and his wife are visiting Leicester this weekend, so there will be 2 Buds at the game while the missus hits the shops.

So, COME ON LEICESTER!!!

Meanwhile, at Firhill, we're gonna f**k Partick. It WILL be revenge, trust me ;-)

I'm really looking forward to this one, always good. To make it even more special, it's the Remembrance Day fixture, which for most clubs means a minute's silence. However, at Leicester they have the match ball flown in by helicopter from The Royal Navy just before kick off, onto the centre circle, which is f**king amazing! Then, for those of you who know, Leicester have a bugler who greets the teams onto the pitch every week with the Foxhunter Gallop, he plays The Last Post to complete silence. It really makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up and brings a lump to the throat. It's absolute class.

On first glance I thought this was burglar, after your recent event I thought you might have wanted to strangle the cnut. lol.gif

Well, a right f**k up at the weekend! Losing 2-0 at home to Forest is not a nice one to take.

Although, to be honest, Leicester got what they deserved, f**k all. Never looked up for it after the first 15mins, and Forest came and did a job on us.

As long as we can bounce back from it, that's the main thing now. The international break has probably came at a good time. Take stock of the season so far and get ready to push on.

Frustrating thing is that City would've been top of the table if they'd won, but hey ho, still in a good position.

The crowd? Over 30,000 crammed into The King Power, with a great following from Nottingham too.

As usual for the Armistice Fixture there was the helicopter landing on the pitch with the match ball, and Last Post sounded before kick off. I'll post a couple of pics.

Meanwhile, in Glasgow, St.Mirren were pumping Thistle!!! So, every cloud, and all that!

My brother was there with me, so we had a good night on that result! Bit of a Leicester pub crawl with him and my sis-in-law, drinking far too expensive European lagers and having a laugh. They've headed back to Paisley now, so the house is a lot quieter. Great when they visit though.

Anyway, another weekend is a distant memory, and importantly, we're touching winter and Leicester are still up there. Could yet be a very interesting, and possibly even successful, season.

Keep your eye on Leicester ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Totally agree mate. Since when was Leicesters change colour yucky grey?

Mind you, I personally hate our yellow away strip. I don't really like anything yellow apart from maybe custard. Years ago I was changing my company car and when they asked me what colour I wanted, I said anything but yellow and guess what I got?

Mind you, I personally hate our yellow away strip. I don't really like anything yellow apart from maybe custard. Years ago I was changing my company car and when they asked me what colour I wanted, I said anything but yellow and guess what I got?

Don't think we have lost while wearing the yellow strip (no doubt some smart @rse will put me right)

Don't you not like bananas?

Ah dunno !

Whit ?

• 2 weeks later...