The Leicester City Thread

Leicester Saint

Neil Danns off to Bolton on loan until the end of the season.

Never going to make it at Leicester. Great player at Palace a few years ago but never really hit the heights here. If Bolton offered 30 quid and a couple of money off vouchers for a Shell garage, I reckon Pearson would take it.

Never going to make it at Leicester. Great player at Palace a few years ago but never really hit the heights here. If Bolton offered 30 quid and a couple of money off vouchers for a Shell garage, I reckon Pearson would take it.

I remember him playing at Birmingham too. Think he was linked to a move to one of the old firm about five years ago but went to Palace instead.

Live on Sky Sports 1 tonight fellow Buddies

Leicester City v Derby County!

And I'm going to my first game in bloody weeks! Between work, re-arranged fixtures, being back in Paisley over the festive period, I've not been able to get to a game in ages!!

But what a great game to come back to. Another top of the table clash, Friday night under the floodlights, a big crowd expected, a passionate local derby, and a chance to go 7 points clear at the top if we win!

Derby have been on an amazing run until last weekend, and are in with a good chance of the title themselves, so a win tonight for City would be huge.

We've managed to draw with Burnley and beat QPR in recent weeks, so another good result tonight would put us in a great place.

Get your telly on and watch it folks, it should be a good game between two decent footballing sides, who both like to attack and both score goals.

Look out for Morgan at the back, Knockaert and Drinkwater in midfield, and Nugent up front for Leicester. If he's on form, then Lloyd Dyer is also fantastic. Electric pace.

Right, I'd better go or I'll miss kick off! COME ON YOU FOXES!!!

Leicester City 4

Derby County 1

Ritchie DeLaet, David Nugent with 2, and 'Reg' Vardy with the 4th.

De Laet even managed to score Derby's goal too!

Fantastic performance tonight. Never looked in doubt. Thought Derby started the better but couldn't really sustain any real pressure at all.

Some good goals, decent atmosphere, slightly poorer crowd than I'd expect - only just over 23,000, probably not helped by the game being live on TV.

If you took my advice and watched the game I don't think you'd have been disappointed. Some of Leicester's possession play at times in the second half was a joy. There was one move with about 20-30 passes I'd say, if not more, most of them one touch, that almost resulted in the 5th goal. Brilliant.

Now 7 points clear at the top, 10 clear of Derby in 4th, 14 clear of Forest in 5th. It's looking good!

Let's just hope my Saturday in front of Soccer Saturday will be just as enjoyable, looking for the result from Perth!

ImageUploadedByBlack & White Army1389398065.056381.jpgThe latest thing these days at the football seems to be people putting the torch on their mobile phones on during the game. Looks pretty impressive to be honest when there's thousands of people doing it!

Get this happening at Greenhill Road!

Some of our fans would rather see the payers torched at Greenhill Road!

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBlack & White Army1389398065.056381.jpgThe latest thing these days at the football seems to be people putting the torch on their mobile phones on during the game. Looks pretty impressive to be honest when there's thousands of people doing it!

Saw this during yesterday's game - the commentators said that's the floodlights back on ;)

Does look great!

Saw this during yesterday's game - the commentators said that's the floodlights back on ;)

Does look great!

It was something the fans did recently when the floodlights were slow to come on, I think against Burnley, and it seems to have caught on.

Saw the same thing for the same reason recently at a Charlton game I think? Floodlight failure, so the fans did this for a laugh.

But it DOES look really cool when loads of folk do it at the same time. The picture really doesn't do it justice cos it was happening right round the stadium and looked really cool.

ImageUploadedByBlack & White Army1389398065.056381.jpgThe latest thing these days at the football seems to be people putting the torch on their mobile phones on during the game. Looks pretty impressive to be honest when there's thousands of people doing it!

Just looks like a Celine Dion concert!

Just looks like a Celine Dion concert!

THANKFULLY I have never been to a Celine Dion concert. :-)

The mobile phone torches might look good during a night game when 20,000 plus fans are doing it but whats it going to be like with 2 or 3,000 at Greenhill Road.

It's Leeds v Leicester today.

Leeds will be up for it after getting pumped 6-0 last week.

3 points for the Foxes???

It really should be, but football is good at upsetting you when you don't expect it!!

Flying at the minute and Leeds are on a terrible run too.

Sat in front if the TV now, awaiting the game live on Sky Sports 1.

Another chance to crank up the pressure on the chasing pack by getting a victory before they play.

Come on you Foxes!!!

Leicester-Paisley Double!!! ��

Enjoyed the match and well done Leicester. Rode their luck a bit in the first half but that's the breaks that let you win the league. Nice dummy from Phillips for Nugent and he took it brilliantly.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of dough are your guys on?

Enjoyed the match and well done Leicester. Rode their luck a bit in the first half but that's the breaks that let you win the league. Nice dummy from Phillips for Nugent and he took it brilliantly.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of  dough are your guys on?

Average wage at City is probably about £10k a week, with some players on a little more I guess. There were rumours of Yakubu being on around £30k a week when he was in loan a couple of years ago, and the Thai owners have certainly got the money to cope with the wages and transfer fees they'd probably need to spend in the Premier.

Average wage at City is probably about £10k a week, with some players on a little more I guess. There were rumours of Yakubu being on around £30k a week when he was in loan a couple of years ago, and the Thai owners have certainly got the money to cope with the wages and transfer fees they'd probably need to spend in the Premier.

Following on from this, heard yesterday that Paul Konchesky has agreed to take a £10k pay CUT to sign a new contract!! Putting him on around £15k a week!! f**k me! So he was on 25!? In the words of Chris Kamara, "Unbelievable Jeff!"

So, Leicester are now 8 points clear at the top of The Championship after beating Middlesbrough 2-0 yesterday. That's 7 straight wins, first time since 1987 apparently. That was a good year too...

Goals from the tireless Jamie Vardy and a header from Ritchie De Laet, with a missed penalty in between from David Nugent. I'll need to check the stats but we must've been given about 12 penalties this season!! Honestly! He's scored about 8 or 9 from the spot and I know for definite he's missed at least 2.

All the action in the second half after a pretty boring first 45. Spoiled by the weather to be honest. It was fine until about 2 mins before kick off then the most mental storm hit the stadium! Hail, rain, crazy winds, thunder, lightning! It was like every type of bad weather all in one go! Only lasted about 10-15 mins but made areas of the pitch soggy and hard to play on, which probably suited them more than us.

Meanwhile, the lack of texts coming from my brother at Greenhill Road had me thinking there was something wrong with my signal. Was a St.Mirren game really 0-0!? One little goal from the Buds would've just made it the perfect day. Especially after I checked my fixed odds at full time to see I'd won another £195!!

Been having LOADS of luck in the bookies this past few weeks, pretty much since I was home for the DU game. Reckon I must've chalked up over a grand in just a few weeks! Good stuff! Anyway, I guess that's for the gambling thread. In fact, why the f**k haven't I been posting those wins on there!?

Birmingham City away in midweek, followed by Bournemouth away at the weekend. Both ticket allocations completely sold out already. Over 26,000 there yesterday too, a decent crowd. Getting to that stage of the season now where people are REALLY starting to believe. If we don't win the league this year, then last season's play off disappointment will pale into insignificance.

I'll post a couple of pics this week.

Good Lord, that's some amount of water being poured over the stadium! A cracking picture too! ø

It was mental!! Came out of nowhere too. 10 minutes earlier it was a nice crisp winter day. Then the sky went incredibly dark, really quickly. As if it was suddenly night time. Then whoosh!!! Weather from hell!!