St Mirren Days Out

I have been giving this a little thought time as I often do of a day, pondering if you like.

This golf day seems like a cracking day out.

You arrive at 9am to get your breakfast roll and coffee (I like breakfast rolls and coffee)

You get to meet the entire St Mirren private ltd co first team playing squad (and I assume the management team as well)

Presumably you will be able to get plenty of photographs taken with the team and the league cup

Yet get a round of gowf (I like gowf).

You get your dinner and you will get to eat it in the presence of the St Mirren private ltd co first team playing squad.

A signed cup final top is up for raffle.

The day raises money for youth development.

Make a good present for someone. I am going to get the current wife and show her this thread.

Heres the details of the golf day

stmirrenfanscouncil.jpg

PLAY GOLF WITH PLAYERS & STAFF OF THE CLUB

AT THE FANS COUNCIL GOLF DAY

SMFC Fans Council are hosting a Golf day to raise funds for youth development at the club…

A great day out joining Directors and players past and present from St Mirren FC will take place on Friday 6th September 2013 at Paisley Golf Club, details as follows..

• Hot Roll, Tea or Coffee upon arrival… (9am), meet and greet players and staff.
  • Enjoy the live draw for each 3 ball to pair up with SMFC rep (9.30am)
  • Two Tee start 1st and 10th, first tee off 10am (8 min intervals)…..Team Stableford format, 3 Qtrs of handicap, Off Yellow Tee’s
  • Sit down 2 course meal, Main and Dessert follow by tea or coffee (3pm)
  • Photo opportunity with League Cup, staff and players from St Mirren FC..!
  • Prizes and raffle draws shortly after.
  • All of the above for only £70 per person and we require entries of teams of 3 by email, first come first served basis to ensure your place

If you are keen to join us on the day, please send on your 3 team members names and contact details to Mr Eric Crossan on [email protected] asap, after which further details will follow.

Visit www.supportsmfc.co.uk for more Saints fans council initiatives

SMFC Fans Council

golf is shitethumbup2.gif

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but why express it on a thread were we are trying to help the club by organising these things, thanks for your childish post, your the first prat to ruin another decent thread god knows why anyone bothers,

Edited by santaponsasaint

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but why express it on a thread were we are trying to help the club by organising these things, thanks for your childish post, your the first prat to ruin another decent thread god knows why anyone bothers,

oh well that's me been told.

This gowf event has been buzzing round my old mind all day. What a fine event to have, a fine event indeed.

The £70 fee for the gowfing Buddie is likely to be affordable to most Paisley gowfers (although at that price it is in the "treat" bracket but what a treat indeed) and this will afford you the opportunity to actually spend a day with our heroes, play gowf with one of them, participate in some friendly competition via the stableford scoring format and In the presence of the league cup then enjoy a meal whilst indulging in some post gowf banter with players and fellow gowfers alike!

On top of that Buddies who participate will be helping to raise money for youth development at the club.

An event like this goes to show what a a real community club we are. I am also pleased that with the event being at Paisley bushes gowf club we are not only supporting our local football club but our local gowf club.

Really impressed by this event, impressed indeed. I once played bowls against my all time favourite player (Mr Dan McGarry circa 1984, he beat me) and I can testify to the fact that such an occurrence never leaves ones memory, never leaves indeed!

Only problem with the golf us its up the bushes.

Yes that it. Pour scorn on a really good initiative organised by football fans who not only care about the club but actually do something about it.

I am just back from Paisley bushes as it is where I play my gowf. The course is in great condition.

Comments like that only make it more difficult for the decent and caring fans to help the club as they planned to. You are now getting a derisory shake of my head!

It's a c**t of a place,full on bar users.

That may be your opinion and you are perfectly entitled to it. The Renfrewshire area is blessed with many gowf courses and an individual's preference is entirely subjective. Personally I prefer the course to all the other's. Member's of other courses will say the same about the club where they play. If we all liked the same things then we would all do the same things.

I do take issue however when someone purporting to support the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co (and by assumption should have only the best of wishes for the club at heart) would post such an unhelpful comment on a public forum. This initiative highlights two major positives in my mind

1) The willingness of the club to engage in such a venture with the fans shows that we can be very proud of the community nature of the club.

2) The priceless commitment of average fans of our little club who actually take the time out from (presumably) busy lives to arrange such a venture for the benefit of other fans and in the end raise funds for our clubs youth development.

I question your motives as such a post can only harm this venture and by extension could prevent valuable funds being raised for the youth development. Personally I hope you have posted without thinking and you are not deliberately trying to harm the fortunes of our club.

My own view is that even if the gowf were to be played at a venue I did not like I would certainly not openly post my subjective but negative view as I genuinely hope that every venture undertaken for the benefit of our club proves to be an overwhelming success. After all I do have only but the best of wishes for the fortunes of our club!

That may be your opinion and you are perfectly entitled to it. The Renfrewshire area is blessed with many gowf courses and an individual's preference is entirely subjective. Personally I prefer the course to all the other's. Member's of other courses will say the same about the club where they play. If we all liked the same things then we would all do the same things.

I do take issue however when someone purporting to support the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co (and by assumption should have only the best of wishes for the club at heart) would post such an unhelpful comment on a public forum. This initiative highlights two major positives in my mind

1) The willingness of the club to engage in such a venture with the fans shows that we can be very proud of the community nature of the club.

2) The priceless commitment of average fans of our little club who actually take the time out from (presumably) busy lives to arrange such a venture for the benefit of other fans and in the end raise funds for our clubs youth development.

I question your motives as such a post can only harm this venture and by extension could prevent valuable funds being raised for the youth development. Personally I hope you have posted without thinking and you are not deliberately trying to harm the fortunes of our club.

My own view is that even if the gowf were to be played at a venue I did not like I would certainly not openly post my subjective but negative view as I genuinely hope that every venture undertaken for the benefit of our club proves to be an overwhelming success. After all I do have only but the best of wishes for the fortunes of our club!

Dear Tedious,

How dare you interrupt the flow of the forum at this point when others are indicating that we are doomed with only nine months left till the season ends.