Let's Move On .. Saints V Killie 17/8/13

shull

On a separate note. I thought that the reception for Samson was a great touch. His comments on Alba just there appeared heartfelt and the warm reception was entirely appropriate.

I just hope he keeps the outstanding saves for others rather than us from here on in...

It was a bit mixed in the family stand when he came out after half time. I applauded him but there were more than a few boos.

It was a bit mixed in the family stand when he came out after half time. I applauded him but there were more than a few boos.

I cant understand why people would boo him, He never wanted to leave Lennon forced him out, Decent goalie, Not given Cornell a hard time, young lad still settling in, but he has to up his game, but he was ok today, didn't have a lot to do,. Goodwin can be a liability at times,

Edited by santaponsasaint

Well it certainly helped but not sure that's a wholly accurate statement to make. I thought we started very well. spammy had a great save from Thomson's header and McLean was close to sneaking one following some outstanding play.

We did what you would expect with the numerical superiority. We pressed and created numerous chances and tbh we're really unlucky not to take all three points. I don't remember Cornell having a save of note to make during the match.

The frustrating thing was that we had nothing really to come off the bench to change the game and until Lennon strengthens the squad that will remain the case.

Not great, but better than I feared.

DL has said he is looking to bring in one player ,not really going to improve the bench with that.

Watching on teuchtervision we appear very nervy and uncertain. Possibly due to changes in personnel. It just seems that our players aren't sure of themselves or each other. In saying that it looks like teale has another great season ahead, harkins is a very gifted footballer, thommo was unlucky not to score a couple and will score a few this season no doubt. Some early criticism of the new keeper pre season but he does try to start a move off rather than lumping it up the park. Definitely some promising signs along with plenty of work to do.

Sounds to me like we are starting to play a bit better which is a relief and a draw against a team who consistently finish above us is creditable. Always disappointing not to beat a ten man team but we have historically struggled to do that under various managers and squads of all talents.

The usual suspects are sniping but I accept they'll only shut up when we've had a ritual sacrifice of our manager and most of our team, signed every first team player from Celtic and Rangers and moved our ground to Glasgow.

1 point is progress and right now it's cooled things down from panic mode on this forum so all is good.

Thoroughly enjoyed today's game! Second half in particular! Samson kept them in the game with a few amazing saves (not that we should be surprised)... Teale had a fantastic game, Cornell was good and Thommo looked back to his usual self! We were very unlucky not to win but a points a point!

Decent performance but we are horribly one-paced. Frustrated by lack of urgency in last 1/2 hour too.

Baffled by decision to drop McGinn.

That said, Cornell didn't have a save to make and on another day, we'd have buried them.

2 points dropped and I saw nothing to think we're going to get much better.

I don't understand the abuse the young Keeper gets.

Done nothing wrong and was comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Usual Killie 2 best players in the shape of Tess and Sammy both excellent.

Boyd who was rotten but still scores against us lost our defence far too easy from a cross.

Good to see McGregor back and still our biggest threat when he is in the oppostion box

But it's 2 points dropped though and would be nice if we could get in a pacier forward in to stretch the game

Today showed how one paced we are

Did Alba show if Thomas Reilly was onside or off when he was through on goal?

I was behind goal so was hard to tell but I thought it was a close call.

No they didn't and i thought he was on at the time.

The same as the Grainger one who was on by 2 yards

A clear handball by Tess at the end as well.

A few poor decisions that didn't go our way

Goodwin can be a liability at times,

Will he ever learn to keep his hands down and stop pulling people back at the edge of the box?

mcausland was a complete bomb scare today...he must be up there with worst centre halfs ever for... saints

Have to totally disagree with that felt Cheesy had a reasonable day today. Certainly no worse than any of the other centre halfs on show.

No they didn't and i thought he was on at the time.

The same as the Grainger one who was on by 2 yards

A clear handball by Tess at the end as well.

A few poor decisions that didn't go our way

Wasn't the Tess one the offside decision anyway?

I remember there was one handball shout that was given offside but struggling to remember who it was against.

Did Alba show if Thomas Reilly was onside or off when he was through on goal?

I was behind goal so was hard to tell but I thought it was a close call.

He looked about 3 feet , offside to me. Although , the linesman was not in a position to call it so we shouted some abuse at him anyway , however , overall , the officials got a lot wrong from a Saint Mirren point of view , with some shocking tackles and a blatant hand ball that we didn't get . .

Gary Teale was the only one that really impressed and Gowser hasn't been the same since his injury . .

Will he ever learn to keep his hands down and stop pulling people back at the edge of the box?

Have to totally disagree with that felt Cheesy had a reasonable day today. Certainly no worse than any of the other centre halfs on show.

Cheesy hit a couple of cracking passes forward but Boyd lost him too easy for the goal and Grainger saved him in the first half with a great block