Let's Move On .. Saints V Killie 17/8/13

shull

No it wasn't given for offside.

The other one was down at the left but a corner was given

I remember two shouts.

First one to the main stand side, hands looked tucked in and Thomo was having a chuckle with the ref at his claims.

Other was at the west stand side, Tess arms were out and it sort of hit both of them. Dunno what was making me think that one ended up pulled back for offside.

Screaming weans in family stand must be playing tricks with my mind.

I thought Boyd was good when he was on the park.

Watched his movement closely in the first half, always positioning himself between 2 defenders, mostly just goal side of Grainger and always getting into space.

Would have been delighted if we signed him.

Edited by davidg

I thought Boyd was good when he was on the park.

Watched his movement closely in the first half, always positioning himself between 2 defenders, mostly just goal side of Grainger and always getting into space.

Would have been delighted if we signed him.

I thought he was poor and a shadow of the player he was.

Goodwin beat him in the air more or less every time.

His goal he just ran in a straight line like crossy in when as a wean.

But he has a great record against us and no matter how he is playing he will score

I remember two shouts.

First one to the main stand side, hands looked tucked in and Thomo was having a chuckle with the ref at his claims.

Other was at the west stand side, Tess arms were out and it sort of hit both of them. Dunno what was making me think that one ended up pulled back for offside.

Screaming weans in family stand must be playing tricks with my mind.

Wasn't the penalty shout David.

Just home from the game, 1st half was poor from both sides, newton being our best player in the 1st half. 2nd half was a different kettle of fish, the boyd sending off obviously changed the game but I thought we played some cracking stuff, we battered them in the 2nd half and could of won it by 3 or 4. harkins is a joy to watch with ball at his feet, his touch and vision is off the scale, lazy when not got the ball but he is dynamite with the ball at his feet, im f**king delighted we signed him, him and teale were terrific in the 2nd half, newton also had a good game, thought mcgregor done well considering he hadn't played for a while, he is a far better option at right back than van vanten is, mcausland had a decent game also yet there was a couple of zoomers sitting behind me giving him abuse all game, I couldn't quite believe it! There is a lot of positives to take from that game, get another decent striker in and we may surprise a few people this season.

Its corona time for me.

Edited by JJ McG

What did Boyd do to get red card?

He punched Goodwin in the back of his head in retaliation because he felt he was marking him too tight.

More through frustration because he was too fat & unfit to keep up with play.

Gary teale with far and away our best player. Couldn't contain him & whipped in great crosses but no end product unfortunately.

I'd have taken a draw before the game , but dissapointed.

That aside, I had a f**kin magic day! Welcome to the new season.

mcausland was a complete bomb scare today...he must be up there with worst centre halfs ever for... saints

That is bullshit, cheesy played well today, its goodwin that is the liability, he trys to blame everyone else and wont take any responsibility, teale had a go at goodwin today because of it.

Thought Darren McGregor had a great game looked strong and one of the biggest pluses the day. I thought we played well in spells and was pleased overall.

Mcgregor had a very good game considering, he will only get better with more games aswel, he managed to make a great clearance in the 2nd half as killie looked certain to score, hope lennon keeps him in the starting 11.

JJ is on the ball tonight. Well said JJ, we've turned a corner. Good to see your knickers are a bit drier.

my comments were fair and very accurate kendo, no point in judging a team until you see them playing in the flesh, I hadn't been to any pre season games or the inverness game, there will be no more panic from me, we have a quality 1st 11, just get that extra striker in with pace and we will be more than fine excluding serious injuries. Its great to have newton back and harkins is a special player when on his game, the guy oozes class.

That is bullshit, cheesy played well today, its goodwin that is the liability, he trys to blame everyone else and wont take any responsibility, teale had a go at goodwin today because of it.

Cheesy played well...but again had his moments. Grainger bailed him out with a great block. He miscontrolled a throw in that Boyd almost got in from and had the touch of an elephant under no pressure in the middle of park that Killie again almost pinched. Teale also gave him a bollocking 1st half for refusing to receive a throw in from McGregor.

As for Goodwin, he was our best player at Inverness and was good again today. He is by no means perfect but no one can underestimate how important he is to us.

my comments were fair and very accurate kendo, no point in judging a team until you see them playing in the flesh, I hadn't been to any pre season games or the inverness game, there will be no more panic from me, we have a quality 1st 11, just get that extra striker in with pace and we will be more than fine excluding serious injuries. Its great to have newton back and harkins is a special player when on his game, the guy oozes class.

Agree, but i wish he would look up now and again & pass it once hes gone past two men !!

Harkins playing very well second half.

That is because he is a quality player, some of his touches were unbelievable at times, going to be a big player for us this season, anybody who thinks he was brought here to sit on the bench needs there head tested.

Just home from the game, 1st half was poor from both sides, newton being our best player in the 1st half. 2nd half was a different kettle of fish, the boyd sending off obviously changed the game but I thought we played some cracking stuff, we battered them in the 2nd half and could of won it by 3 or 4. harkins is a joy to watch with ball at his feet, his touch and vision is off the scale, lazy when not got the ball but he is dynamite with the ball at his feet, im f**king delighted we signed him, him and teale were terrific in the 2nd half, newton also had a good game, thought mcgregor done well considering he hadn't played for a while, he is a far better option at right back than van vanten is, mcausland had a decent game also yet there was a couple of zoomers sitting behind me giving him abuse all game, I couldn't quite believe it! There is a lot of positives to take from that game, get another decent striker in and we may surprise a few people this season.

Its corona time for me.

Fecking happy clapperbangin.gif

Cheesy played well...but again had his moments. Grainger bailed him out with a great block. He miscontrolled a throw in that Boyd almost got in from and had the touch of an elephant under no pressure in the middle of park that Killie again almost pinched. Teale also gave him a bollocking 1st half for refusing to receive a throw in from McGregor.

As for Goodwin, he was our best player at Inverness and was good again today. He is by no means perfect but no one can underestimate how important he is to us.

sorry neil, don't agree that goodwin was our best player, he got caught out of position a lot today and tried to shift the blame to others, he also wasted pass after pass trying to play Hollywood passes, newton, teale and harkins were our 3 best players today.