Let's Move On .. Saints V Killie 17/8/13

shull

Full time 1-1

Bit of a meh game. We never looked like scoring until Boyd got himself sent off, after that we played well, but you'd expect us to play well at home to 10 men.

We never done enough to win the game though and draw was a fair result.

Not the best, either. We should expect better at home against 10 men.

We have no real historical record of beating teams down to 10 men.

It's a rare occurrence and given the negativity the fans are currently projecting onto the players it's hardly surprising we struggle through nerves.

A point is a point and we're off and running.

There were a lot of positives from today. It is easy to be critical, but in complete fairness other than the standard issue of the defence being suspect at times I thought the team played relatively well. Sending off was indeed a turning point, but the pair of them had been very physical from the start of the game. From behind the goals, Boyd reacted to a 50/50 challenge and punched Jim in the back right in front of the referee...

Kilmarnock had less chances up until their goal, but did have slightly more clear cut ones. That and their number 19 (I think) were the only aspects where they looked better even at 0-0.

I appreciate that is coming from a happy clapper, but the interplay between the midfield breaking forward was excellent. Just the end product that was missing. If we can perform the same way without the switching off at the back I don't think we'll be far off a good season.

How's that for happy clapping?

Edited by Bart Simpson

Very, VERY frustrating.

We won't get many better chances to take 3 points. Not a bad performance, but we are far too pedestrian at times. We need to get the ball forward with some urgency, instead of fannying about in our first third.

I'm away to buy some red wine, now.

Drew wrote:

Very, VERY frustrating.

We won't get many better chances to take 3 points. Not a bad performance, but we are far too pedestrian at times. We need to get the ball forward with some urgency, instead of fannying about in our first third.

I'm away to buy some red wine, now.

Agree with the frustration. Looking back at the end of the season it will be 2 points lost rather than 1 gained. The first 15-20mins we were not pedestrian but our resolve was found wanting when Kilmarnock established themselves and created a few clear cut chances.

But if I'm honest I was shocked at how well we played! It was the first chance I've had to see the team and compared to what a lot of posters were saying that team, today, was night and day to the previous comments on the forum. Have we turned a corner or are there people with agendas on here?

Edited by Bart Simpson

It's just the same old story. Nice wee passes but no punch. Sounds familiar and very much like the st. Johnstone game last year were again we scraped a draw. Today killie scored and with us huffing and puffing I wasn't impressed despite a good first ten minutes. I don't care if folk shoot me down but you have got to win your home games and not burying killie today when we had 35 mins against ten men is just not good enough. It's nothing new though cos it's been like this for some time. At min top six is an absolute laugh