Ok I Will Start It Sack Danny

Was it Douglas McNeil in a tweet who said something to the effect that Danny would "try again next week" to being Campbell and Newton up?

Is that really good enough? Perhaps it might have been understandable if we were only a couple of weeks into the close season, but it smacks of desperation and straw clutching at this stage.

I don't believe he should be sacked just now, but he needs to up his game.

Was it Douglas McNeil in a tweet who said something to the effect that Danny would "try again next week" to being Campbell and Newton up?

Is that really good enough? Perhaps it might have been understandable if we were only a couple of weeks into the close season, but it smacks of desperation and straw clutching at this stage.

I don't believe he should be sacked just now, but he needs to up his game.

You are correct,its not good enough.The situation is so shambolic i refuse to get angry about it anymore,today,the close season .I think something has to give,sooner rather than later

Leicester saint

Jimmy calderwood kept Aberdeen in the top 6

Since he went they have been floundering I don't necessarily want calderwood but an experienced manager

Would shurly have sorted the team out before the first game,

I just mean that surely to f**k there's more out there than that bee-sting faced f**ker!?

I'd love DL to be the man to lead us to success, but if not, suntanman is NOT the answer!

Look, I'm not a fan of Lennon and never have been. He polarises the support like no manager has done for a while but to suggest he should get his jotters after one game is just silly.

I do understand the reaction though because this isn't merely a knee jerk as some have called it. A lot of us have seen this coming for weeks and that is the disappointing thing. A complete clear out at the end of last season and we've effectively only filled two needs ('keeper and left back) by the start of the season. Hawkins might turn out to be a great player for us but he simply wasn't required. That money should have been spent on an experienced striker. (I'll wager there's not much difference between what Harkins is on and what Sutton's taking home at 'Well)

We're weak at the back and have been for a good long while now. We're lightweight in midfield and if Thommo gets injured we are truly f**ked up front.

Personally I don't think a couple of kids from Newcastle are going to sort this mess out but they'd be a start.

The club asked for my season ticket money early on and got it as well as about a thousand more I'll bet yet we go into the first game without a recognised starting XI.

Total pish and it needs sorting this week.

Everything he said. Multiplied by ten.

Sack Danny Lennon after 1 game. Does no one remember county square singing there's only one Danny Lennon not that long ago after winning the cup. And replace him with who sheilds and calderwood being the names banded about. Lennon has brought our club forward. sheilds brought his club fines and near enough every manager and fan in Scotland hated him. Calderwood would be a disaster. if Lennon gets Newton back and cambell comes and we beat killie in our next game still have that opinion?.

I love you guys, you make me smile!!biggrin.png

Reading this thread makes me feel like I support a world beating team! (before any smart arses answer, I know I don't)

Get over yourselves, you won a major trophy last year, you lost a few meaningless pre-season friendlies (bar 1 whistling.gif ) , lose the first game of the season & it's fuking Armageddon! Really????1eye.gif

I love you guys, you make me smile!!biggrin.png

Reading this thread makes me feel like I support a world beating team! (before any smart arses answer, I know I don't)

Get over yourselves, you won a major trophy last year, you lost a few meaningless pre-season friendlies (bar 1 whistling.gif ) , lose the first game of the season & it's fuking Armageddon! Really????1eye.gif

have you run out of buckfast ? and it f**king is armageddon.you should know what that looks like ,living in the middle of it

I'm loving the passion running through the veins of the buds on here, I'm as frustrated as the next but we must have the most negative fans on the planet. Last year at this stage we sneaked a last minute goal from Darren McGregor to steal a point from the Highlanders. We went on to having one of the most glorious moments of our lives.

I am concerned for sure... as all of us are.

Many on here are great admirers of Terry Butcher and what he is achieving at ICT. That includes me.

And yet, when they were relegated, we all said that it proved how much better Gus was than Butcher.

Had big Tel been the Saints gaffer and we had been relegated... would we have continued to support him?

As I said, I have genuine concerns... something is wrong behind the scenes for sure.

Danny was interviewed a week or so ago and said that pre-season results were not important, it was about working towards peaking in 2 - 3 weeks time! Our first league game of the season was before we were due to peak!!! A flying start in this league can make such a difference and that concerned me.

I am also very worried about Thommo's body language. Is it frustration caused by nothing going right for him... or is it symptomatic of deeper concerns?

I said before todays match that DVZ was a concern and that young Naismith a better performer when he replaced him vs Ton... ... I continue to worry about Vanzy's lack of form.

Complaints about last season are futile... it was unique. The cup win definitely led to a deterioration in league form... not one of us would swap that achievement and subsequent celebrations for an 8th place finish, so lets concentrate on THIS season.

Why are we not prepared to start day one of the season all guns blazing? There may be time left in the transfer window... but the season has started!

You wouldn't pay for tickets to see a performance of Vivaldi's Four Seasons, and accept a shitey rendition of Spring full of bum notes and missing orchestra members in the hope that the other three parts would be better! You want it to be right from the first note... you want to be confident that all members are in place, know their part, and have rehearsed sufficiently.

I am genuinely worried that out one footballing season may well feel like four!!!

However... I remain fully supportive of the current manager and will personally slap anyone who mentions either Calderwood or Sheils as potential managers of our club!!!

As for Starky being cut more slack for being a St Mirren man... ... the guy was berated week by week as a player when wearing the stripes, as few fans could see the bigger picture and the quality we had at that time!!!! A lesson in there somewhere!

Managers........Ferguson...McFarlane,,,,,Clunie ..Millar (delete!)....Smith and Bonethumbup2.gif Tony.....God Gus and Danny....did I miss anybody?......No problem from me if we have a sage waiting in the wings to make us great.....I think not and you and the rest are just fannywankers..

You lucky sod... how the hell have you been able to forget Hay... I have been trying for decades!!!

As for fannywanking... it is a passion and hobby of mine... ... if you know of any fanny's in need of attention... ... ... ... thumbup2.gif

To be fair his record was poor before the cup win. Without that he'd have gone in the summer imv.

We were poor before the cup win because the players were largely thinking about the cup final. Our beloved Thommo admitted as much.

Was it up to Danny to motivate the players more, and keep them professional? Probably. And maybe we could have sacrificed that cup win for a 9th place finish. How happy that would have made me. >_>