Ok I Will Start It Sack Danny

Relegation this season would be a disaster. Next seasons 1st Division/Championship will most likely have Sevco in it so will be a very hard league to get out of.

Or is that the reason for the lack of investment this season, take the gamble and if it goes tits up the worst case scenario is we will be in a lucrative 1st Division next season.

Relegation this season would be a disaster. Next seasons 1st Division/Championship will most likely have Sevco in it so will be a very hard league to get out of.

Or is that the reason for the lack of investment this season, take the gamble and if it goes tits up the worst case scenario is we will be in a lucrative 1st Division next season.

Do you think the B.O.D could think that one up. just a bad state of play that's all.

If we go down after a play off we may well end up in a First Division that includes Sevco, Hearts, Dundee & debt free Dunfermline!

What would the chances of getting out of that league?

A dreadful record.

And, adding to that, we were the 10th placed non Old Firm side last season - our lowest top flight finish in more than 40 years!

Still better than Gus who had an 18.9% SPL win rate.... Edited by davidg

You've got to imagine if Danny was able to bring players in he would, our shell of a squad isn't down to him we simply don't have the money. Grainger and Harkin are good signings but he has made a bit of an arse of it in the goalkeeping department.

Harkins may well have been brought in to replace McGowan but after the wee man stayed he is pretty much superfluous to our needs unless we're playing 4-5-1 which just won't work with Thommo up top IMO.

A dreadful record.

And, adding to that, we were the 10th placed non Old Firm side last season - our lowest top flight finish in more than 40 years!

We've had plenty other worse seasons...why get fixated on one in which the league was eclipsed by the league cup? Concentrate on relevant points such as a poor opening day performance...

Set out at 9am yesterday and got back around 10pm like the other 500 Saints fans was gutted we lost the FIRST LEAGUE GAME. Now the loyal army want the manager sacked ? Gowser was taken off because he was marked out of the game but the small portion of alcohol fuelled fans shout you don't know what your doing , nothing like the blind leading the blind. Some of the abuse our manager took made me cringe and ashamed. Now this piss poor thread , aye it's feels great being a supporter of this great club

Set out at 9am yesterday and got back around 10pm like the other 500 Saints fans was gutted we lost the FIRST LEAGUE GAME. Now the loyal army want the manager sacked ? Gowser was taken off because he was marked out of the game but the small portion of alcohol fuelled fans shout you don't know what your doing , nothing like the blind leading the blind. Some of the abuse our manager took made me cringe and ashamed. Now this piss poor thread , aye it's feels great being a supporter of this great club

Agree with most of that apart from the Gowser bit.

Danny had him playing in the wrong position he was far too deep, ICT didn't even have to mark him out of the game, that battle was already won.

Just need to keep the faith as the saying goes. I do worry for DL though a couple of more performances like that and it'll be more than a minority that want him out.

I love you guys, you make me smile!!Posted Image

Reading this thread makes me feel like I support a world beating team! (before any smart arses answer, I know I don't)

Get over yourselves, you won a major trophy last year, you lost a few meaningless pre-season friendlies (bar 1 Posted Image ) , lose the first game of the season & it's fuking Armageddon! Really????Posted Image

We've got higher standards than Morton fans and expect, no demand, better from our team, that's probably why.

I would never seek to take anything away from Danny in terms of the League Cup win, but I do believe it is possible to set this achievement apart from the general business of league football, and the role of the manager within both competitions.

I think players have their eye on the prize when it comes to the cup and this is motivation in itself - moreso once they've successfully negotiated a couple of rounds. How often have we heard players talking about a major cup win potentially being a 'once in a lifetime' experience etc?

Again, I'm not looking to detract from the manager's input, but I do think we have to put the cup victory to one side when considering the bread and butter business of the season. It doesn't paper over the cracks, in my view, because that denigrates just how important and momentous an achievement it was for all involved. It is, however, a distinct competition, and the impact the cup campaign appears to have had on our league form (something that the players and manager have acknowledged) cannot be ignored, thus underlining the distinction.

The cracks in our league form have been there for all to see. The cup campaign was a very welcome break from them, and I suspect the players also embraced this. As such, they (the players) have to shoulder a degree of responsibility. Whether there is some form of behind the scenes unrest between management and players is mere speculation, but these guys are payed to do a job, and do it on a consistent basis. Unravelling as they appeared to do yesterday after the penalty, is very worrying. Heads shouldn't go down, FFS. You expect that from a team of 8 year olds, but not professional athletes.

Experienced guys like Thompson, Harkins, McGowan, and Teale need to step up to the plate. Whether they regard the manager as a bit of a tumshie or not is moot, but they still have to prove week in, week out, that they are fit to wear the jerseys.

I have concerns about Danny, I won't lie. I also have concerns regardng the extent to which he has the respect of some of the players, but they need to rise above this. In the past, I've reported to slabbering f**kwits in the workplace, but didn't see this an excuse to down tools. In the final analysis, you are answerable and accountable for your own performance. That applies to Danny, but also to the players.

Edited by Drew

Butcher got relegated which makes that stat all the more impressive in my opinion, but do you think our fans would have keep faith in a manager that got us relegated in order to get repromoted?

Butcher took over a club 5 points adrift at the bottom of the table at the end of January.

As for fannywanking... it is a passion and hobby of mine... ... if you know of any fanny's in need of attention... ... ... ... :thumbs2

As a person who is cory fisted I am also known amongst the ladies of a certain vintage as someone who is a bit a dab hand at said manoeuvres.