Ok I Will Start It Sack Danny

One game sack the manager we are going to get relegated. Get a grip its one game ffs. There are players coming in. Danny wants top 6 but needs resources to do that and the board don't seem forth coming. People asking to get mair back in the team. Get mair to f-ck I say get Barron to f-ck as well and a good CB in. We will not be relegated but we will not make top 6. Hibs,Patrick,hearts will all struggle as well. Thompson just needs a goal and someone to play along side which I know is on the way.

One game sack the manager we are going to get relegated. Get a grip its one game ffs. There are players coming in. Danny wants top 6 but needs resources to do that and the board don't seem forth coming. People asking to get mair back in the team. Get mair to f-ck I say get Barron to f-ck as well and a good CB in. We will not be relegated but we will not make top 6. Hibs,Patrick,hearts will all struggle as well. Thompson just needs a goal and someone to play along side which I know is on the way.

Awright Danny, keep the heid!

tongue.png

Last season, St. Johnstone were at the end of September or start of October before they won a match. They were in utter turmoil and had a squad which was all over the shop.

Fast forward to May and they were in a 3rd place finish.

Now, I'm not saying that's us, but some of the reactionary shite on here is just that. Shite.

We now have the blessing of two weeks and the avoidance of a f**king spanking at Parkhead to regroup, analyse what exactly went wrong and adjust accordingly. I expect at least four new faces by the time we face Kilmarnock, regardless of lack of budget. If its been cut due to the Hearts situation, then I expect relevant funds to be freed up. If he's been holding back the budget due to believing we were in good enough shape, then I expect him to fill it accordingly. I also expect a new goalkeeper in to ask serious questions of Cornell. A pre-season and one league game is unfair to fully judge him on, but there should be someone with experience at the back of him ready to take his place should he not be up to the job.

Make no mistake about it, if this is the squad were going with this season, well finish bottom regardless of hearts. There are the makings of a good squad there, it desperately needs fleshed out with more quality though.

And while I'm in full flow.

There seems to be this over-reliance on Newcastle United that we as a club (and to lesser extent as a support) are developing and it's not sitting comfortably with me at all. Yes, they do have quality players they can send to us, but the need to be fully dependent on them sending us guys of a good enough calibre is not a healthy situation for us, short term or long term.

I'd rather see us bringing in players of our own, who won't be guaranteed to be off at the end of every season. By all means, if Newcastle want to send a few boys up our way, or if we sniff about a few to bolster our squad, fine. But we seem to be living hand-to-mouth as the willing lapdog of a Premiership big-gun, feeding off their scraps.

A feeder parent club idea IS a good idea as it's mutually beneficial. But I fear we're beginning to look really needy, almost as if Newcastle have to swoop in to save us. We're prouder than that and although I like the idea of a few of their lads coming up every year and adding some quality, they should be added to our squad as an option rather than a necessity.

I am one who will back Danny til the cows come home but yes I agree that something is not adding up and we desperately need players.

However, I am sick of hearing about how DL has shown a lack of respect to the players who have left -

Parkin - okay as a back up but was on too high a wage to just occasionally score a goal.

Guy - showed a very poor attitude and no respect - cheerio.

Imrie - don't get me started - terrible attitude- no one is bigger than the club and Dougie had a very high opinion of himself.

Carey - popped up with the goods occasionally but not enough, rumour had it he also had a very poor attitude similar to Imrie.

Samson didn't want to stay and the rest were loan signings who had to return to their parent clubs.

Now I know I'm not alone in not wanting players at our club who have a terrible attitude and believe they're better and bigger than the club.

Out of all the players who left - how many were the first names on the teamsheet?? Samson, Goncalves, Dummett and Newton - the others would be warming the bench week in week out.

Hearing and seeing people say how they would play Imrie every week is the most hypocritical comment I've ever heard. Imrie was slaughtered from the off at our club and anyone who says differently is lying.

How people can say DL has shown disrespect to the above players is ridiculous - in any profession, if you show a poor attitude at work and to your manager you will be told to leave. DL is the manager of those players and therefore demands certain standards. Yes, as supporters we too demand certain standards from our players and management team but that's what happens when you support a wonderful team like ours - we pay to go on this rollercoaster with no control over the ride.

Lee Mair - something is certainly not adding up with him, as nice a man he is, we have seen time and time again mistakes being made which were avoidable and he was told he would not feature this season. I respect him for making the decision to stay and fight for a place in the team but I would much rather see Cheesy, Jim or McGregor starting ahead of him.

I was not at yesterdays game, however was listening to the un-biased commentary on Open All Mics. I don't like to make comments on players and the game when I was not there but listening to the commentators on the radio it was hard to hear them speak so negatively about the team I support through thick and thin.

I saw a very interesting tweet from Spencer Downey (the Newcastle agent) which read "all this twitter talk is not making my job any easier, attract don't detract #keepthefaith" - this says it all.

One game in and it's "sack the manager".....Jesus. Aye because that's the problem here. It seems obvious to me that the board are giving Lennon nothin to work with.

The suggestions as replacements are even more ridiculous....Kenny Shield? Gies peace.

And some saying "Oh Thommo's head is down because of Danny's lack of signings".....if this is the case that is an absolutely stinking attitude.

And while I'm in full flow.

There seems to be this over-reliance on Newcastle United that we as a club (and to lesser extent as a support) are developing and it's not sitting comfortably with me at all. Yes, they do have quality players they can send to us, but the need to be fully dependent on them sending us guys of a good enough calibre is not a healthy situation for us, short term or long term.

I'd rather see us bringing in players of our own, who won't be guaranteed to be off at the end of every season. By all means, if Newcastle want to send a few boys up our way, or if we sniff about a few to bolster our squad, fine. But we seem to be living hand-to-mouth as the willing lapdog of a Premiership big-gun, feeding off their scraps.

A feeder parent club idea IS a good idea as it's mutually beneficial. But I fear we're beginning to look really needy, almost as if Newcastle have to swoop in to save us. We're prouder than that and although I like the idea of a few of their lads coming up every year and adding some quality, they should be added to our squad as an option rather than a necessity.

I've made this point elsewhere.

The tweet that suggested that Danny will 'try again next week' to bring Campbell and Newton up on loan was worrying.

Danny should be concentrating on setting his sights on longer term targets and asking Brain Caldwell to open negotiations. This gives the club some control over the situation, and doesn't leave it a hostage to fortune. The loan players should always be regarded as a bunus, not a necessity.

One game in and it's "sack the manager".....Jesus. Aye because that's the problem here. It seems obvious to me that the board are giving Lennon nothin to work with.

The suggestions as replacements are even more ridiculous....Kenny Shield? Gies peace.

And some saying "Oh Thommo's head is down because of Danny's lack of signings".....if this is the case that is an absolutely stinking attitude.

Correct, and I've said as much elsewhere.

The players need to get on with earning their wages the way the rest of us mere mortals have to.

I mean, there are still good players to be had, some are a bit out the box, but it's now August, the season has started and they don't have clubs. So why not at least enquire?

Steve Simonsen

Andy Webster

Gary Taylor Fletcher

Chris Hogg

Michael Duberry

Will Haining

Robbie Neilson

Stephen Hunt

Tom Hateley

Perm any 3 or 4 from that list and we're starting to look stronger.

Fair amount of anger on both sides of the argument on here but maybe if we could just be objective for a moment and set aside all the bullshit we could move on.

The facts are simple. We lost 7 outfield players in the close season and have only replaced them with 2. That doesn't add up for me and is not what I expected when I parted with my season ticket money as soon as the club asked for it. We lost our first game heavily to a team that had done a fair bit of rebuilding in the summer too. Neither of those things at in dispute.

The other stuff that people talk about on here is just pure conjecture but it seems as though if it's mentioned enough then it becomes fact. It doesn't.

Nobody knows if the BOD is backing Danny with requisite funds or not. Nobody knows what the mood of the dressing room is, except the players and nobody knows what targets have been identified.

What is clear is that what we've seen over the pre-season and yesterday is not good enough and everyone connected with the club should feel the heat for that, not just Lennon. That being said the reaction is not simply based on the above, it's the result of watching sub-standard league performances for far too long now.

Things need to get better. I'm not convinced we have the right man at the helm to deliver that but he'll not be sacked that's for sure.

I mean, there are still good players to be had, some are a bit out the box, but it's now August, the season has started and they don't have clubs. So why not at least enquire?

Steve Simonsen

Andy Webster

Gary Taylor Fletcher

Chris Hogg

Michael Duberry

Will Haining

Robbie Neilson

Stephen Hunt

Tom Hateley

At least 2 of those players are 40 and the majority of those players have been earning a lot of money elsewhere. Not sure they would be within our price range.

The other stuff that people talk about on here is just pure conjecture but it seems as though if it's mentioned enough then it becomes fact. It doesn't.

Nobody knows if the BOD is backing Danny with requisite funds or not. Nobody knows what the mood of the dressing room is, except the players and nobody knows what targets have been identified.

The statement you have made above is pure conjecture...

Nobody knows if the BOD is backing Danny with funds? How do you know that nobody knows that? Surely its possible that some folk on this forum know members of the BOD? Surely its possible that some folk on this forum know some of the players?

Nobody knows if the BOD is backing Danny with funds? How do you know that nobody knows that? Surely its possible that some folk on this forum know members of the BOD? Surely its possible that some folk on this forum know some of the players?

You really are spoiling for a fight today Bella.

You know exactly what I meant and to be honest if any member of our BOD blabs about this stuff outside of the boardroom to potentially de-stabilise things then it's a poor show.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Received lovestreet PM, IMO.

Edited by Drew

Would Danny like a bigger budget? Of course he would. Is SG backing Danny with every last penny at his disposal? I have no idea, I am not party to the budget discussions at SMFC. With the budget he DOES have though, that budget has hee-haw to do with thinking Thommo can do it on his lonesome, playing McGowan and McGinn out of position, seemingly not knowing what the fcuk to do with Imrie or Harkins, naming a weak looking bench, having a fetish for midfielders, making baffling substitutions, or any number of other puzzling tactical / positional decisions.

Even if a bigger budget was/is available, does SG trust Danny to use it wisely, or would it be spent on a couple of promising 'one for the future' ginger midfielders from East Fife, Cowdenbeath or Alloa.

I've made this point elsewhere.

The tweet that suggested that Danny will 'try again next week' to bring Campbell and Newton up on loan was worrying.

Danny should be concentrating on setting his sights on longer term targets and asking Brain Caldwell to open negotiations. This gives the club some control over the situation, and doesn't leave it a hostage to fortune. The loan players should always be regarded as a bunus, not a necessity.

Agreed.

The depth of the squad can be revisited when the transfer window shuts. It would nice to have the squad complete now, but if it takes until 31st August, it's not the end of the world.

We were 7th in the First Division when we signed John Sutton and Charlie Adam on deadline day.

There are concerns about Danny Lennon, but the effect of the League Cup Final on the remainder of last season's league campaign gives him enough slack, for now, but another season of bottom feeding won't do.

Steve Simonsen

Andy Webster

Gary Taylor Fletcher

Chris Hogg

Michael Duberry

Will Haining

Robbie Neilson

Stephen Hunt

Tom Hateley

perm any 3 or 4 abd tour looking at weekly salaries of £8-10k.... Simply can't afford that.

Still on my holidays so wasn't there yesterday. Listened in online and was initially encouraged by what I heard then left utterly deflated by the second half collapse.

Talk of sacking the manager after 1 game is ludicrous in my opinion. We had a horror start yesterday but I think it's a bit disrespectful to the management team to talk of wholesale changes after just 90 minutes.

I am as concerned as anyone as to the result, and the current imbalance in the squad but there is still 4 weeks to go until the window closes and with 2 or 3 signings in the correct areas this team has real potential IMO.