Ok I Will Start It Sack Danny

We were 7th in the First Division when we signed John Sutton and Charlie Adam on deadline day.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/scotland/division-one/2005-2006/table/2005-08-27

Not according to this site.

Still on my holidays so wasn't there yesterday. Listened in online and was initially encouraged by what I heard then left utterly deflated by the second half collapse.

Talk of sacking the manager after 1 game is ludicrous in my opinion. We had a horror start yesterday but I think it's a bit disrespectful to the management team to talk of wholesale changes after just 90 minutes.

I am as concerned as anyone as to the result, and the current imbalance in the squad but there is still 4 weeks to go until the window closes and with 2 or 3 signings in the correct areas this team has real potential IMO.

You're not a sacker, not with the last manager and not with this one and I respect that, but it leaves one obvious question - when will be a good time to make the decision?

I think Newton and cambell will come in this week. Just hope we can get a CB. I don't like mair waste of a wage don't like Goodwin at the back. We have an extra week to get a CB in Neilson,Webster or hainig would take any of them. There all free agents just now and times running out for them to find clubs. So might take a wage we could afford.

perm any 3 or 4 abd tour looking at weekly salaries of £8-10k.... Simply can't afford that.

Really? I struggle to believe that Haining, Simonsen and Hateley for example would command anything like a combined wage of 8k a week. And those three in our squad would improve it dramatically I'm sure you would agree.

Yeah, players like Taylor- fletcher and Hunt are fanciful but they were more just examples of the calibre of player who is still around. There are plenty of players still out there that we could pursue.

perm any 3 or 4 abd tour looking at weekly salaries of £8-10k.... Simply can't afford that.

Really? I struggle to believe that Haining, Simonsen and Hateley for example would command anything like a combined wage of 8k a week. And those three in our squad would improve it dramatically I'm sure you would agree.

Yeah, players like Taylor- fletcher and Hunt are fanciful but they were more just examples of the calibre of player who is still around. There are plenty of players still out there that we could pursue.

Calderwood one of the reasons Dunfermline went burst and Aberdeen have large debts a man who cant manage without money. Sheils no thanks always right and falling out with people. Thomo well that one worked a treat with Tony Fitz straight from player to manager.

Is it all Danny's fault? It was made clear that Mathers had identified the two goal keepers that would be signed. McGowan says Danny was one of the reason he resigned. Dummett and Newton praise him for their development. Lets look at his namesake in Glasgow, lost Hooper, who lets face it was more important to them than any we lost where to us. Now Neil stated live on TV that he knew Hooper was off and had various targets to replace him but these things are complicated and take time. Now if they cant do it and are able to pay around 4 million why should Danny do it much quicker with no money?

Also make no mistake Danny Lennon is not a great manager and I don't think he ever will be, but he wants to be at

St Mirren and seems to have real feeling for the club. Maybe the problem is with people who no longer want to be at the club.

Can't say I'm delirious about our start to this season both on and off the park, but it is very early days.

1979-1980, we began with a 2-2 home draw with Killie, then lost to Dundee away 4-1, Morton at home 3-0 (!) and then Rangers away 3-1.

Most people remember that season as one of our best ever.

Set out at 9am yesterday and got back around 10pm like the other 500 Saints fans was gutted we lost the FIRST LEAGUE GAME. Now the loyal army want the manager sacked ? Gowser was taken off because he was marked out of the game but the small portion of alcohol fuelled fans shout you don't know what your doing , nothing like the blind leading the blind. Some of the abuse our manager took made me cringe and ashamed. Now this piss poor thread , aye it's feels great being a supporter of this great club

Terrible thread , 90 minutes of new season and here we go again.

I still believe one of our best seasons is going to be this one.There will be 2 new faces before next league game which is much needed , however 4 is what's really required in my opinion.

I do however take on board the comments some of which you can't argue with , but sack the manager ? I don't agree at all with that.

Last season, St. Johnstone were at the end of September or start of October before they won a match. They were in utter turmoil and had a squad which was all over the shop.

Fast forward to May and they were in a 3rd place finish.

Now, I'm not saying that's us, but some of the reactionary shite on here is just that. Shite.

We now have the blessing of two weeks and the avoidance of a f**king spanking at Parkhead to regroup, analyse what exactly went wrong and adjust accordingly. I expect at least four new faces by the time we face Kilmarnock, regardless of lack of budget. If its been cut due to the Hearts situation, then I expect relevant funds to be freed up. If he's been holding back the budget due to believing we were in good enough shape, then I expect him to fill it accordingly. I also expect a new goalkeeper in to ask serious questions of Cornell. A pre-season and one league game is unfair to fully judge him on, but there should be someone with experience at the back of him ready to take his place should he not be up to the job.

Make no mistake about it, if this is the squad were going with this season, well finish bottom regardless of hearts. There are the makings of a good squad there, it desperately needs fleshed out with more quality though.

Good post, I suspect many are simply stirring it with the knickerwetters. Just too thick to understand the harm they are potentially doing

I can understand why this thread is on the forum, but I disagree with the premise.

I doubt anything can be said to turn the opinions of those who have made up their minds. I therefore hope that Danny can turn things round relatively quickly. I accept that there are a number of issues that need to be addressed and that we have been slow to correct them but we are only 90 minutes into the season and now have 2 weeks to address our problems.

Whilst sacking our manager is an option (that I disagree with) it would leave the incumbent short of time to get used to our club, players and dare I say it fans before even thinking about leaving their own stamp on the team. It certainly would effectively rule out any signings of worth unless the new manager is lined up already with a portfolio of singings to make overnight. Not a terribly wise decision in my opinion, but each to their own.

The other option is to back Danny, accept pre-season and a reasonable degree of the preparation for this season has been poor but give him some degree of backing to turn things around.

Anyway as I've said I don't imagine I'll sway any opinion, but certainly the opinion out with the club is that the premise of the topic is ridiculous. That said it is you guys who will effectively decide whether he stays or goes. I only hope Danny's actions can at least dampen the vehemence of opinion against him and allow us to concentrate on supporting our team rather than in-fighting.

The depth of the squad can be revisited when the transfer window shuts. It would nice to have the squad complete now, but if it takes until 31st August, it's not the end of the world.

We were 7th in the First Division when we signed John Sutton and Charlie Adam on deadline day.

There are concerns about Danny Lennon, but the effect of the League Cup Final on the remainder of last season's league campaign gives him enough slack, for now, but another season of bottom feeding won't do.

And you believe that the current squad will be anything but that. I see what's happening here not building on our success. Well my friend get set for a v u happy season

We have arguably the most creative midfielders in the league but they will get sucked into mediocrity when the defence is disorganised and the attack is one player isolated on his own. Our new keeper isn't the first to have a few 'mares and go on to have a great season. There is a sense of Danny either wearing Rose tinted glasses or not having enough nous in the transfer/contact stakes. Watching Ross county today it was clear that they have a footballing philosophy that each player understands and is comfortable with. They also appear to have the ability to carry it out.how did they get these players, most of which would be unheard of? We keep hearing about our great facilities and our desire to play football as it should be played yet we cannot attract the players capable of representing these values. Are we that unattractive to decent players?

no,we arguably have the most creative midfielders in Paisley,and they cant be "sucked ino mediocrity" , having arrived there about a year ago

Look, I've never been a Danny Lennon fan. Personal preference and for reasons not worth debating on this thread but the guys that are calling for his head after one bad result are just going OTT. Yes, there appear to be some deep seated issues with the way we have performed over most of his tenure and I think I can see where this will ultimately end up but getting shot of him after 90 mins? That's harsh, even for our support.

That being said, I do wish that the folk on other side of the argument would take a second to consider why people react like this and try to understand why the manager and his tactics are so divisive. As soon as someone rises their head above the parapet it's "boo boy this" and "knicker wetter that" without, it seems, taking the time to appreciate a view that is contrary to their own.

After umpteen pages of this there's nothing new being said so maybe the best option is to tone it down for a few days and see what the club's response will be to a disappointing start to the season.

I'm pretty sure we're all looking for the same thing here and that's success for the Saints, even if you're not a member of the Danny Lennon fan club.

Look, I've never been a Danny Lennon fan. Personal preference and for reasons not worth debating on this thread but the guys that are calling for his head after one bad result are just going OTT. Yes, there appear to be some deep seated issues with the way we have performed over most of his tenure and I think I can see where this will ultimately end up but getting shot of him after 90 mins? That's harsh, even for our support.

Par for the course, in my experience.

Have to agree with DLBud and others, time to knock the sacking talk on the head. It is becoming a bit nasty, and doesn't reflect well on us as a support.

I wouldn't like to think that the guy was hounded out of a job by a torch and pitchfork mob. There are processes involved on appraising how the club is progressing, and what action needs to be taken and when. I would rather it was left up to those in a position of genuine responsibility and authority to get on with whatever needs to be done.

Stuart Dickson made this suggestion weeks ago and i agreed with him,,,and he was shot to pieces for it.....

He was shot to pieces for it because as usual Stuart was shit stirring with no evidence.

He just says stuff to see how many utter bellends believe him.

Nobody is saying this isn't true but if you're going to make comments like this, at least base it on actual evidence.