Lee Mair Get Him In The Team

It is clear that Our present Manager does not fancy Lee Mair for whatever reason but he is our most experienced centre half and by the look of things will not be starting games while our present manager is with the club.

Would it not make sense to bring him back into the team as we need as many players as we can muster at present, The Squad is a weak as it has ever been and Lee Mair is a decent player who can bring a bit of steel to our pish poor back four.

I agree. Cheesy and McGregor can't play together and Goodwin is needed in midfield unless we actually sign a defensive minded midfield. Mair is our best defender.

Goodwin is a liability in midfield with his negative passing, lack of pace and inability to deal with being wound up.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Black & White Army mobile app

Goodwin doesn't have the tactical or emotional discipline for midfield any more... or the stamina.

I actually think he is alright in defence... better than many we have had there in recent years... including Mair, who is one of the most lightweight defenders we have had in a long time. Pulled out of position at will and turned all to easily, Mair is most definitely NOT the solution.

Goodwin doesn't have the tactical or emotional discipline for midfield any more... or the stamina.

I actually think he is alright in defence... better than many we have had there in recent years... including Mair, who is one of the most lightweight defenders we have had in a long time. Pulled out of position at will and turned all to easily, Mair is most definitely NOT the solution.

who is then as we need something done rather have Mair there than what we have had so far this season.

who is then as we need something done rather have Mair there than what we have had so far this season.

"so far this season"... ... that will be on the strength of one match then?

Mair is NOT part of our plans but due to contractual obligations, we are stuck with him.

Fair enough... he is due what he is due and if all other defenders lose both legs we could call on him to help out... ... but he makes Bobby Dawson look like a world class defender and Peter Godfrey like Coloccini!!!

I'd much rather go with Goodwin and McAusland than have Mair in that defence.

Mair is that bad we are giving him away and still no one wants him. He was piss from day 1 .We are in a crisis Mair is not the answer. Bring in an old Pro that can be a defensive coach as well We should have went for McManus before he went to Well

Edited by stevenw05

I think McGregor will come good when he gets some game time under his belt, remember how we were raving about him in his first season? Him and Cheesy at the back, I unfortunately think our captain is done. Our main problem this season is a goalkeeper! You can forgive one or two mistakes a season but from the pre season he's had to having an absolute shocker yesterday we can't keep him for the year I don't see him being safe at all.

I think McGregor will come good when he gets some game time under his belt, remember how we were raving about him in his first season? Him and Cheesy at the back, I unfortunately think our captain is done. Our main problem this season is a goalkeeper! You can forgive one or two mistakes a season but from the pre season he's had to having an absolute shocker yesterday we can't keep him for the year I don't see him being safe at all.

Most think Goodwin was our best player yesterday.

McGregor isn't the answer. He has a little bit of flair about him for a centre half which fans like but really, he isn't that good.

There must be serious questions asked about the way DL handles these type of things.

John Potter contract

Gareth Wardlaw contract

Hugh Murray contract

Lee Mair carry on

Hugh Murray has played 462 times for St Mirren but wouldn't come back to watch us outside of Partick duties because of DL.

Contracts offered and removed, contracts promised and then not offered. Now the freezing out of one our most experiences players.

We need him to move on to free up some money but I kinda hope he sits tight (copyright lovestreet) just to get it right up DL.

Edited by davidg

I see a lot of people are not happy with our defence, and need Mair back in the team, but it was not our 2 CBs that were the problem yesterday, the problem was 2 wing backs giving the ball away. The midfield were worse at giving it away, and that put even more pressure on our defence.

"so far this season"... ... that will be on the strength of one match then?

Mair is NOT part of our plans but due to contractual obligations, we are stuck with him.

Fair enough... he is due what he is due and if all other defenders lose both legs we could call on him to help out... ... but he makes Bobby Dawson look like a world class defender and Peter Godfrey like Coloccini!!!

I'd much rather go with Goodwin and McAusland than have Mair in that defence.

It was Danny who extended his contract though , so it's not Mair's fault , I would be sitting tight like him with my nice wee contract , with the Scottish game falling to bits !

Our defence has been crying out for major change for a couple of seasons now...

is it a coincidence that we cant hold on to a half decent LB, yet the rest of our defence remains

virtually unchanged for the last 3 years, f**k we cant even give them away.....

as much as i like danny his loyalty to that defence will be the death of him.....NEW FACES PRONTO.....

When I read that DL was getting rid of Mair and others I thought good. We will get a few new players in eager to prove themselves. However it would appear that the strategy is to empty players and not replace them. Bringing back Mair is not the answer. The answer to replace the likes of Guy, Parkin, Imrie, Carey, Newton, Isma etc with better players. Our squad is not good enough, anyone can see that.

Danny has gone for a high risk strategy hoping to get players in but it hasn't happened so far. This could be a complete shambles if we don't get in the proper replacements pronto

. Bring in an old Pro that can be a defensive coach as well We should have went for McManus before he went to Well

What about a somebody that has played in the spl for a good number of years and had done their coaching badges. Lee Mair fits that criteria.

Not saying he is the answer but it could be a start.

There must be serious questions asked about the way DL handles these type of things.

John Potter contract

Gareth Wardlaw contract

Hugh Murray contract

Lee Mair carry on

Hugh Murray has played 462 times for St Mirren but wouldn't come back to watch us outside of Partick duties because of DL.

Contracts offered and removed, contracts promised and then not offered. Now the freezing out of one our most experiences players.

We need him to move on to free up some money but I kinda hope he sits tight (copyright lovestreet) just to get it right up DL.

But what would be the point of freeing up some money by moving Mair on?

Danny Lennon is having enough trouble finding players to sign with the money he's already got without giving him another player to replace!

:lol: