Lee Mair Get Him In The Team

But what would be the point of freeing up some money by moving Mair on?

Danny Lennon is having enough trouble finding players to sign with the money he's already got without giving him another player to replace!

lol.gif:

isabella that is one of your more constructive posts, do you feel ok this morning I take it you got a result last night henceforth the constructive post.

People have really short memories...REALLY short memories! Lee Mair lived up to his nickname when we were forced to play him last season and the games he played in pre season reiterated that fact. And before mcgregors injury problems, a lot of our fans seen him as a Scotland pick if he could get a couple of spl seasons under his belt and suddenly he's just not good enough? Based on what exactly, the fact he hasn't played any games in the last 2 seasons due to injury?

And I agree that Goodwin may be done. Not got the pace for CH and a waste of a place in midfield. At best he should be backup this season but it'll take a lot for Danny to realise this.

People have really short memories...REALLY short memories! Lee Mair lived up to his nickname when we were forced to play him last season and the games he played in pre season reiterated that fact. And before mcgregors injury problems, a lot of our fans seen him as a Scotland pick if he could get a couple of spl seasons under his belt and suddenly he's just not good enough? Based on what exactly, the fact he hasn't played any games in the last 2 seasons due to injury?

And I agree that Goodwin may be done. Not got the pace for CH and a waste of a place in midfield. At best he should be backup this season but it'll take a lot for Danny to realise this.

Indeed.

I'm sure the manager will only play Mair if he wants to speed up his own dismissal by a couple of weeks.whistling.gif

Our defence has been crying out for major change for a couple of seasons now...

is it a coincidence that we cant hold on to a half decent LB, yet the rest of our defence remains

virtually unchanged for the last 3 years, f**k we cant even give them away.....

as much as i like danny his loyalty to that defence will be the death of him.....NEW FACES PRONTO.....

Agreed. Dont understand why DVZ seems to get less criticism than others . Just because he's a good guy doesnt mean to say he should be playing premier league football. I reckon we need both a right and centre back.

Indeed.

I'm sure the manager will only play Mair if he wants to speed up his own dismissal by a couple of weeks.whistling.gif

It's cheesy and Goody for me but I think Mair should be on the bench.

Would you have a player of that experience excluded from the squad all together?

Edited by davidg

It's cheesy and Goody for me but I think Mair should be on the bench.

Would you have a player of that experience excluded from the squad all together?

Yes,because we don't require two CH's on the bench as cover.

I rate McGregor before Mair.

lots of people creating self-fulfilling prophecies here, if you cry out long enough to undermine the manager then chances are he will be punted

I hope you will all be happy when it happens, because the chances of replacing him with someone better are slim to nil. And besides, if the budget is the same for the new guy, or just as possibly less, then what chance will he have?

I suspect that the board are gambling on Hearts going into liquidation, or shedding many more players if they survive. Thistle will struggle after a few weeks as well and i suspect we may get one more player this month at most with the option to man-up a little in January if needed.

The board have already decided, this is a season for marking time and reviewing the landscape next summer. On a purely business basis that strategy actually makes some sense and i cant say I would totally discount it if I were in charge. The rewards might be substantial if it pays off over 2 years.

Bottom line is, get off the manager's back and support the man and his team. He has done well for us in the past and can come good again for us if we support him. Continue to attack him and he will surely go, but be careful for what you wish

Edited by beyond our ken

lots of people creating self-fulfilling prophecies here, if you cry out long enough to undermine the manager then chances are he will be punted

I hope you will all be happy when it happens, because the chances of replacing him with someone better are slim to nil. And besides, if the budget is the same for the new guy, or just as possibly less, then what chance will he have?

I suspect that the board are gambling on Hearts going into liquidation, or shedding many more players if they survive. Thistle will struggle after a few weeks as well and i suspect we may get one more player this month at most with the option to man-up a little in January if it needed.

The board have already decided, this is a season for marking time and reviewing the landscape next summer. On a purely business basis that strategy actually makes some sense and i cant say I would totally discount it if I were in charge. The rewards might be substantial if it pays off over 2 years.

Bottom line is, get off the manager's back and support the man and his team. He has done well for us in the past and can come good again for us if we support him. Continue to attack him and he will surely go, but be careful for what you wish

Did the board tell this to the Punters when they were handing over there hard earned cash when buying season tickets. Like thanks for buying your season ticket and by the way we will be hoping other teams are rotten this season because we are not putting much effort in this season and will be pish poor, Enjoy your football .

I hope you will all be happy when it happens, because the chances of replacing him with someone better are slim to nil.  And besides, if the budget is the same for the new guy, or just as possibly less,  then what chance will he have?

I suspect that the board are gambling on Hearts going into liquidation, or shedding many more players if they survive.  Thistle will struggle after a few weeks as well and i suspect we may get one more player this month at most with the option to man-up a little in January if needed.

The board have already decided, this is a season for marking time and reviewing the landscape next summer.  On a purely business basis that strategy actually makes some sense and i cant say I would totally discount it if I were in charge.  The rewards might be substantial if it pays off over 2 years.

Bottom line is, get off the manager's back and support the man and his team.  He has done well for us in the past and can come good again for us if we support him.  Continue to attack him and he will surely go, but be careful for what you wish

Personally, I don't think Thistle will struggle. They are much stronger at the back than us, despite their defence being so young.

Besides... if you are placing your survival hopes on another team being worse than us, it's going to be a helluva long season.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Black & White Army mobile app

I'd much rather see Goodwin and Cheesy at centre half and McGregor as the defensive midfielder to give us a bit more dig there.

Still not convinced that McGregor has the discipline to play that role, but it is better than wasting Gowser there and well worth a try.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Black & White Army mobile app

The board have already decided, this is a season for marking time and reviewing the landscape next summer.

So much of your post I disagree with but I thought it'd highlight this part.

If this is indeed the case the it really is a gamble as we're going to struggle badly with what we have now and could easily miss the playoffs and finish rock bottom. Along the way you've also lost 500-700 home fans paying an average £15 a head as they simply can't stomach watching us getting turned over by disciplined, workmanlike teams every other week, match day hospitality sponsorship and prize money at the end of the season. I reckon that's an easy £250k right there. Considering your average SPFL player is on less than a grand a week then that 5-6 players worth.

Oh, and good luck getting out of the Championship next year with Sevco in there.

Lee Mair is not the answer, nobody was complaining when we won the cup and he wasent in the team, some people have short memories.

Indeed.

He isn't any better than any of the other centre halves and he's certainly not the no-nonsense type defender we require.

Lee Mair is not the answer, nobody was complaining when we won the cup and he wasent in the team, some people have short memories.

Mair was dropped with Newton taking the defensive midfield role and Goodwin dropping into defence.

Newton is now away and we now have no defensive midfielder. This leaves McGowan & McGinn doing the defensive duties to the detriment to their attacking ability. Its a lose lose situation.

Until a replacement for Newton is signed it would make more sense to bring Mair back into defence and move Goodwin into midfield or play McGregor in midfield (a role he played for Cowdenbeath).

Lennon has so far failed to replace Newton. He must therefore make use of the players that are already here - and that includes Lee Mair - a player that Lennon gave a 2 year contract to!

Mair was dropped with Newton taking the defensive midfield role and Goodwin dropping into defence.

Newton is now away and we now have no defensive midfielder. This leaves McGowan & McGinn doing the defensive duties to the detriment to their attacking ability. Its a lose lose situation.

Until a replacement for Newton is signed it would make more sense to bring Mair back into defence and move Goodwin into midfield or play McGregor in midfield (a role he played for Cowdenbeath).

Lennon has so far failed to replace Newton. He must therefore make use of the players that are already here - and that includes Lee Mair - a player that Lennon gave a 2 year contract to!

He's trying to get Newton back, then all is well again!