Too Much Negativity On This Forum.................

post-2392-0-44952700-1375705276_thumb.jp

I saw this the morning and I felt I had to share.

My first thought was the players and management know this and will be working positively to put things right.

My next thought was to ask you guys if you ever read the comments left by visitors to our home page who read the match reports?

Are the majority of these people trolls? Do they post on our forum?

I personally believe a lot of the comments left are insulting and unworthy of St. Mirren supporters, if indeed they believe they are that.

I, for one, will be down off my tree by the next game and ready to support.

It's not negativity , we are just feeling that this is the worst time in our history and we don't see an end to it , there is just no light at the end of our tunnel .whistling.giflol.gif

You must be very, very young if you believe that. Try going to places like Cowdenbeath on a wet Saturday in January then decide if this is the worst time in our history. Believe it or not it is one of the best times in our history!

The smiley faces after his comment is a give away that it was tongue in cheek.

1 game in to the season and people are spitting the dummy out the pram. I'm not going to give excuses for the players, managers, or the BoD - I'll wait until we're a few games in to the season and the transfer window has closed and judge then.

It's not negativity , we are just feeling that this is the worst time in our history and we don't see an end to it , there is just no light at the end of our tunnel .whistling.giflol.gif

Light at the end of our tunnel = no game this weekend!

As for the 'worst time in our history' we are 1 game into a top flight season and sitting on 0 points... I am sure we have been here many times before or not even in the top flight at all... eg have you heard of the 1990s?

1 game in to the season and people are spitting the dummy out the pram. I'm not going to give excuses for the players, managers, or the BoD - I'll wait until we're a few games in to the season and the transfer window has closed and judge then.

That's the thing though - this isn't just based on one game. To suggest that is utterly ridiculous.

The last central defender we signed was Marc McAusland in 2010. Is that acceptable, in your eyes, when our defence clearly hasn't been good enough for three seasons now? It's not just one game. It's a whole fecking load of games.

I thought that was obvious also , but what can I say ? sorry.gif

Light at the end of our tunnel = no game this weekend!

As for the 'worst time in our history' we are 1 game into a top flight season and sitting on 0 points... I am sure we have been here many times before or not even in the top flight at all... eg have you heard of the 1990s?

Was that the period between the1980's and 2000 , yes well I do ,and I also remember standing outside the old stadium with the fans protesting about the way things were going , still remember all the players getting heckled except for Julian Broddle ,do you ?. Unless I am mistaken that was in the period you asked if I had heard about.

Edited by linwood buddie

Was that the period between the1980's and 2000 , yes well I do ,and I also remember standing outside the old stadium with the fans protesting about the way things were going , still remember all the players getting heckled except for Julian Broddle ,do you ?. Unless I am mistaken that was in the period you asked if I had heard about.

If you think we were a better team, and in better health as a club in the 1990's with squads assembled by Fitzpatrick, Hay and Bone as managers and hoping not to go bust then that's your prerogative.

If you think we were a better team, and in better health as a club in the 1990's with squads assembled by Fitzpatrick, Hay and Bone as managers and hoping not to go bust then that's your prerogative.

Look at the title of this thread , my post is only a light hearted attempt to deflect from the negativity of the last couple of days, I included smileys on the end of it ,

Ithink it would help if the club told us that they are going down the youth route as we have some great young prospects , we are spending a lot on our youth and yes it will be a tricky season because of this but it is the only way forward for our club

we need to be 100 % behind this and not get on the young players backs when they are given the chance

but we cannot be throwing on these boys when we are getting humped , that does not help anyone

The last central defender we signed was Marc McAusland in 2010. Is that acceptable,

Acceptable? Are you a Rangers fan using a word like that?

Does it really matter that he's CENTRAL defence when we already have 4 of them on the books with at least another 2 able to play there?

Seriously?

The fact that you are having to be so specific makes your point laughable.

You remind me of the Little Britain sketch.......

"We want a defender. He has to be a central defender. A central defender with blond hair, hair parting to the left not the right, blue boot for right foot, red for left, 6 feet 2 and 5/16 inches. Aged 23 years, 4 months 2 weeks and 1 hour and must want to earn exactly £1273 a week - not a penny more not a penny less."

"Here you go sir"

"Damn he's not use"

"Why's that sir?"

"He has blue eyes. I wanted brown".

We have plenty of defenders.

We have plenty of goalies.

What we need is a striker and a midfielder and a set of fans who are not flapping around in headless chicken mode after just a single match lol.gif .

Is there another wee club anywhere in this country with fans whose expectations are so unrealistic as ours?

Anyone outside the OF with such an entitlement complex?

Does it really matter that he's CENTRAL defence when we already have 4 of them on the books with at least another 2 able to play there?

Seriously?

"We want a defender. He has to be a central defender. A central defender with blond hair, hair parting to the left not the right, blue boot for right foot, red for left, 6 feet 2 and 5/16 inches. Aged 23 years, 4 months 2 weeks and 1 hour and must want to earn exactly £1273 a week - not a penny more not a penny less."

"Here you go sir"

"Damn he's not use"

"Why's that sir?"

What we need is a striker and a midfielder and a set of fans who are not flapping around in headless chicken mode after just a single match lol.gif .

Is there another wee club anywhere in this country with fans whose expectations are so unrealistic as ours?

what the fuk r you on about....

I've paid for my season ticket, I've paid for my car park pass, I've paid for the merchandise, I'll pay for the Bovril, I'll pay for the golf day, and I'll pay for next season's Scottish Cup winners DVD double set with extras, and I'll pay into the 'erect a statue to the Thommohawk for his cup final hat-trick that helped stuff Celtic 5-0' fund.

Negativity and pant soiling comes with the territory. I wouldn't enjoy the season half as much without a moist gusset. thumbup2.gif

Edited by pozbaird

I've paid for my season ticket, I've paid for my car park pass, I've paid for the merchandise, I'll pay for the Bovril, I'll pay for the golf day, and I'll pay for next season's Scottish Cup winners DVD double set with extras, and I'll pay into the 'erect a statue to the Thommohawk for his cup final hat-trick that helped stuff Celtic 5-0' fund.

Negativity and pant soiling comes with the territory. I wouldn't enjoy the season half as much without a moist gusset. thumbup2.gif

I just can t get the thought of a moist gusset out of my head ,what were we talking about?

I just can t get the thought of a moist gusset out of my head ,what were we talking about?

Probably the Porsche 911 Turbo in metallic blue with Suzannah Reid fae' BBC Breakfast TV in the passenger seat that SG has promised me will be the top prize in the club's new lucky programme half-time draw.

Seriously?

"Here you go sir"

"Damn he's not use"

"Why's that sir?"

What the guy was trying to point out was is we are in need of a new central defender,,,

does it matter if we have 4 or 400 if it's a problem position fix it....

If iv'e got 4 pairs of shoes and their full of holes do i just go pub with them on, or do i buy a new pair,,,,simple......

What the guy was trying to point out was is we are in need of a new central defender,,,

does it matter if we have 4 or 400 if it's a problem position fix it....

If iv'e got 4 pairs of shoes and their full of holes do i just go pub with them on, or do i buy a new pair,,,,simple......

That depends on whether you'll have enough cash left over to get a drink once you get there.

Defender or an absolute neccessity striker?

Seriously?

"Here you go sir"

"Damn he's not use"

"Why's that sir?"

Oh dear, missing the point completely.

1. Our defence has been woeful for the best part of three or four seasons now. But we've not signed a player in the key central defensive position in all that time. In fact, we've signed three temporary left-backs - who until Grainger signed were our only permanent defensive signings since the summer we signed McAusland, McGregor, etc! So, basically, we've made no attempt to improve what is a weak defence with a view to the longer-term. Why?

2. The fact that we have four central defenders on the books is irrelevant. You don't just sign up a certain number of players and say 'that's us got our quota'. If that was the case, we could sign four folk on minimum wage, tag them as defenders and that'd be us sorted.

3. We're not flapping around after one match. Our defensive inadequacies have been obvious for a long time now. Yet nobody at the club seems to have acknowledged this, if our signings in recent times are anything to go by. If you read back to matches at the start of this year, you'll realise people had concerns then. They had concerns when we lost 12 goals in three pre-season matches. This latest reaction is just a continuation of that.

4. Who is expecting or believing they're entitled to anything? I'm not. But the fact is that we are capable of being a top-six side. Look at St Johnstone with their Creggs and Hasselbainks, Ross County with their Lawsons and Brittains... we deemed almost all of these players not good enough for us yet they've gone on to better things while we fight one relegation battle after another. Granted, some took a step back to take a step forward again, but they've still ended up in a better place. Now, I'm being selective, and plenty of other players have gone on to nothing. But the point I'm making is that we have had and can have the standard of player capable of achieving a top six finish, a European place. Yet, we don't seem to be able to get the most out of these players while they're at our club. We have to ask why that is the case.

I realise that point 1 and point four can be contradictory. Is our current team good enough, but the club just aren't getting enough out of them? Perhaps. But something has got to change, one way or the other, before we'll progress.

Edited by TigerFeet

I think you missed Linwood Buddies tongue in cheek. Nobody is comparing thing to those dark old days. Personally I'm just a bit annoyed that we don't appear to be building on last year.

I can almost hear the conversation between Danny and BoD;

"Right, we've won the cup and we've got the back bone of a great team. Lets build on it and go for top 6 and a decent cup run this year."

"The fans u'll not like it. They'll have f**k all to moan aboot"

"I you're right, lets rip the team apart and start again! lets go for 11th with squeaky bum finish after the spilt!"

Seriously?

"Here you go sir"

"Damn he's not use"

"Why's that sir?"

Entitlement complex !!!!! oh yeah,very unrealistic to expect to do better than hanging out of the arse end of the league every year .Anyone outside the of with such an entitlement complex ? try hibs ,hearts,dundee utd,aberdeen,ross county,ict,kilmarnock,partick thistle,motherwell

Every fan at every club always wants more and isnt happy with what they have,that called being a football supporter,so STOP trying to label our fans as having "unrealistic expectations" We expect a team capable of at least making an attempt at competing,so stop behaving like a pathetic little apologist

Seriously?

"Here you go sir"

"Damn he's not use"

"Why's that sir?"

And for the record ,if you pay your money at the ticket office,you can use any word you want ,including "acceptable"