Too Much Negativity On This Forum.................

attachicon.gifPaisleyPanda.JPG

I saw this the morning and I felt I had to share.

My first thought was the players and management know this and will be working positively to put things right.

My next thought was to ask you guys if you ever read the comments left by visitors to our home page who read the match reports?

Are the majority of these people trolls? Do they post on our forum?

I personally believe a lot of the comments left are insulting and unworthy of St. Mirren supporters, if indeed they believe they are that.

I, for one, will be down off my tree by the next game and ready to support.

I wish you would get it through your thick scull,supporters are perfectly entitled to ask serious questions of the team and management,it doesnt make them "trolls" or "sevco supporters" or any other negative name you give them .IT MAKES THEM SUPPORTERS.If we ask nothing of our team,thats exactly what we will get

And for the record ,if you pay your money at the ticket office,you can use any word you want ,including "acceptable"

Translation "I paid my money so I'm ENTITLED to see good football".

That is an entitlement complex right there.

If you are entitled to use words like "acceptable" then you have to accept that we're also entitled to laugh at you for being unrealistic and sounding like a Sevco supporter.

Edited by oaksoft

Oh dear, missing the point completely.

1. Our defence has been woeful for the best part of three or four seasons now. But we've not signed a player in the key central defensive position in all that time. In fact, we've signed three temporary left-backs - who until Grainger signed were our only permanent defensive signings since the summer we signed McAusland, McGregor, etc! So, basically, we've made no attempt to improve what is a weak defence with a view to the longer-term. Why?

2. The fact that we have four central defenders on the books is irrelevant. You don't just sign up a certain number of players and say 'that's us got our quota'. If that was the case, we could sign four folk on minimum wage, tag them as defenders and that'd be us sorted.

3. We're not flapping around after one match. Our defensive inadequacies have been obvious for a long time now. Yet nobody at the club seems to have acknowledged this, if our signings in recent times are anything to go by. If you read back to matches at the start of this year, you'll realise people had concerns then. They had concerns when we lost 12 goals in three pre-season matches. This latest reaction is just a continuation of that.

4. Who is expecting or believing they're entitled to anything? I'm not. But the fact is that we are capable of being a top-six side. Look at St Johnstone with their Creggs and Hasselbainks, Ross County with their Lawsons and Brittains... we deemed almost all of these players not good enough for us yet they've gone on to better things while we fight one relegation battle after another. Granted, some took a step back to take a step forward again, but they've still ended up in a better place. Now, I'm being selective, and plenty of other players have gone on to nothing. But the point I'm making is that we have had and can have the standard of player capable of achieving a top six finish, a European place. Yet, we don't seem to be able to get the most out of these players while they're at our club. We have to ask why that is the case.

I realise that point 1 and point four can be contradictory. Is our current team good enough, but the club just aren't getting enough out of them? Perhaps. But something has got to change, one way or the other, before we'll progress.

That woeful defence kept us in the top flight, landed us with the top 2 league points tallies we've had in the top flight since Frankie said Relax and landed us a Cup as well. You can't just paper over these things because you want to see a manager out of work.

4. Who is expecting or believing they're entitled to anything? I'm not. But the fact is that we are capable of being a top-six side. Look at St Johnstone with their Creggs and Hasselbainks, Ross County with their Lawsons and Brittains... we deemed almost all of these players not good enough for us yet they've gone on to better things

Have they gone onto better things???? How many of them won a Cup last season?

Hasselbaink was on the bench for us and is still on the bench at St Johnstone.

Ask all of those players whether or not they'd have given a kidney for a Cup win last season and 11th place or a top 6 finish and you'll get your answer.

No,im entitled to ask questions,im a St Mirren supporter,gave up on good football years ago

If all you were doing was asking questions then nobody would have an issue with you.

So far we've had the best part of your barely 100 posts containing abuse of our players and managers and other fans who remain positive.

If you can't tell the difference between asking reasonable questions and slaughtering our players and management then I can't help you.

If all you were doing was asking questions then nobody would have an issue with you.

So far we've had the best part of your barely 100 posts containing abuse of our players and managers and other fans who remain positive.

If you can't tell the difference between asking reasonable questions and slaughtering our players and management then I can't help you.

,i have finished with you for today,you may go

Think alot of it is coming from frustration. we all want to see OUR team do well in the league and the cups . finishing in as high a position as possible. No one knows if the managers hands are tied financially or not. Lets just all get behind the team .

That woeful defence kept us in the top flight, landed us with the top 2 league points tallies we've had in the top flight since Frankie said Relax and landed us a Cup as well. You can't just paper over these things because you want to see a manager out of work.

I'm pretty sure you're doing a bit of "papering" yourself there. The defence is poor and has been shipping soft goals for a while. Most fans see this (opposing ones generally do) and simply want to see a better level of defender in there. Give me a Russell Duncan or Fraser Wright any day at the heart of our defence. Not great players, but very solid defenders.

I wish you would get it through your thick scull,supporters are perfectly entitled to ask serious questions of the team and management,it doesnt make them "trolls" or "sevco supporters" or any other negative name you give them .IT MAKES THEM SUPPORTERS.If we ask nothing of our team,thats exactly what we will get

Quotes from the match report comments after the Newcastle game,

"GET THIS CHAIIRMAN TO..............................." has got +6 votes

"Let us boycott games till something is done.Gilmour is a fool". has got +7 votes

Sorry saints0, I don't believe "supporters" (the clue is in the word) should pen such comments.

Anyone who says its the worst period ever for our club. 1991 the club plays first game of first division and we get humped 7-0 by raithrovers. This led to 10 years of first division football. A shuggy Murray goal that saved us from relegation to the second division 2 seasons latter. now we have a brand new ground no debt were in the premier have our own training complex. Come along way from fending off the bank and doing pre season at barshaw park. We have a bad pre season lose our first game and its the worst time in our history grow a brain. As I have said previously we sign Newton,cambell and CB. We beat killie in our next game still worst ever?.

Edited by leolovesstmfc

Quotes from the match report comments after the Newcastle game,

"GET THIS CHAIIRMAN TO..............................." has got +6 votes

"Let us boycott games till something is done.Gilmour is a fool". has got +7 votes

Sorry saints0, I don't believe "supporters" (the clue is in the word) should pen such comments.

Well go and live in North Korea ,you will fit right in

Well go and live in North Korea ,you will fit right in

I am willing to learn from you.

Why do you believe I should fit right in in North Korea?

Is that where the people who object to the suggestion of boycotting St. Mirren live?

Is North Korea full of folk who don't think that the St. Mirren Chairman is a fool?

I am willing to learn from you.

Why do you believe I should fit right in in North Korea?

Is that where the people who object to the suggestion of boycotting St. Mirren live?

Is North Korea full of folk who don't think that the St. Mirren Chairman is a fool?

No,its full of brainwashed happy clappy fanboys,as i said its your kind of place

Below is the last 5 comments posted on our home page under the match report for the Inverness game.

I haven't been selective, other than taking the last 5 comments.

Are these folks St. Mirren supporters? .

BIG JOHN 2013-08-11 13:37

THATS HEARTS CAUGHT UP ALREADY AND THISTLE 4 POINTS IN THE BAG .GET YOUR FAT ASS MOVING.IF WE LOSE ON SATURDAY LET US NOT GO DOWN THAT WILL STUN THEM.WE SHOULD NOT HAVE BOUGHT OUR SEASON TICKETS.

Reply | Reply with quote | Quote

Jack on Arran 2013-08-11 17:43

If Saturday is a disaster against Killie then surely everybody at St Mirren will realise we are on the road to Division 2 !
If we should win it will be great but will not cover up the cracks in our team.
I pray for a win but hope it will not let "everybody" off the hook.
tam 2013-08-12 16:38
Well we will feel right at home in division two.A MORTON SUPPORTER said to me you have the worst board in SCOTLAND cant really argue.Like other fans we will have to tell them their useless.
HARRY 2013-08-13 09:39
i was on here a month ago saying i was not renewing my season ticket .I see they are advertising to get your ticket for this saturdays game when it comes to cash these vermin have no shame.Even if they bring someone in it is six weeks to late.
COLIN 2013-08-13 17:09
first time in ten years not going i have had enough of gilmour.Unlike morton ross etc we had cup finance.These teams are better prepared than us disgraceful.

It would not be BAWA without the doom and gloom posters. No game last week has not helped add no forward brought in and there you have a recipe for the last days on earth.. A win on sat and all will be well leaving the trollers to take the limelight

Can you even begin to imagine the carnage in here if we lose again? I think we'll have torches and pitchforks at dusk.

I've honestly never seen anything like it outside of the Rangers Bears Den forum after they've drawn a match.

Can you even begin to imagine the carnage in here if we lose again? I think we'll have torches and pitchforks at dusk.

I've honestly never seen anything like it outside of the Rangers Bears Den forum after they've drawn a match.

aw c'mon oaky...dont over re-act...its the first game of the season which we lost.....we are never going to win another game...like...EVER!!!!!....

lose the second game and we could go bankrupt.....did i ever mention that armmageddon is just around the corner....

black and white stripes...fade to grey....fade to grey....fade.....................................................

aw c'mon oaky...dont over re-act...its the first game of the season which we lost.....we are never going to win another game...like...EVER!!!!!....

lose the second game and we could go bankrupt.....did i ever mention that armmageddon is just around the corner....

black and white stripes...fade to grey....fade to grey....fade.....................................................

OK that bold bit reminded me of a recent Taylor Swift song which my youngest daughter played non stop every day for a month.

I've only just recovered.

Reminding me of it is barely forgiveable.

Its not the negativity that bothers me. Its the cheeky bastards that get lippy with their fellow supporters when they disagree with a post. People who hide behind an alias and come face to face with the person would be a different story. Im sure they know who they are and hopefully gie it a rest cos its not helping anyone.

So is GlenburnSaint your surname or first name?

Below is the last 5 comments posted on our home page under the match report for the Inverness game.

I haven't been selective, other than taking the last 5 comments.

Are these folks St. Mirren supporters? .

BIG JOHN 2013-08-11 13:37

THATS HEARTS CAUGHT UP ALREADY AND THISTLE 4 POINTS IN THE BAG .GET YOUR FAT ASS MOVING.IF WE LOSE ON SATURDAY LET US NOT GO DOWN THAT WILL STUN THEM.WE SHOULD NOT HAVE BOUGHT OUR SEASON TICKETS.

Jack on Arran 2013-08-11 17:43

If Saturday is a disaster against Killie then surely everybody at St Mirren will realise we are on the road to Division 2 !

If we should win it will be great but will not cover up the cracks in our team.

I pray for a win but hope it will not let "everybody" off the hook.

tam 2013-08-12 16:38
Well we will feel right at home in division two.A MORTON SUPPORTER said to me you have the worst board in SCOTLAND cant really argue.Like other fans we will have to tell them their useless.
HARRY 2013-08-13 09:39
i was on here a month ago saying i was not renewing my season ticket .I see they are advertising to get your ticket for this saturdays game when it comes to cash these vermin have no shame.Even if they bring someone in it is six weeks to late.
COLIN 2013-08-13 17:09
first time in ten years not going i have had enough of gilmour.Unlike morton ross etc we had cup finance.These teams are better prepared than us disgraceful.

tam is a cheery soul eh? I think they are all from the same person to be honest as they all read consistently badly.