Too Much Negativity On This Forum.................

Oh dear, missing the point completely.

1. Our defence has been woeful for the best part of three or four seasons now. But we've not signed a player in the key central defensive position in all that time. In fact, we've signed three temporary left-backs - who until Grainger signed were our only permanent defensive signings since the summer we signed McAusland, McGregor, etc! So, basically, we've made no attempt to improve what is a weak defence with a view to the longer-term. Why?

2. The fact that we have four central defenders on the books is irrelevant. You don't just sign up a certain number of players and say 'that's us got our quota'. If that was the case, we could sign four folk on minimum wage, tag them as defenders and that'd be us sorted.

3. We're not flapping around after one match. Our defensive inadequacies have been obvious for a long time now. Yet nobody at the club seems to have acknowledged this, if our signings in recent times are anything to go by. If you read back to matches at the start of this year, you'll realise people had concerns then. They had concerns when we lost 12 goals in three pre-season matches. This latest reaction is just a continuation of that.

4. Who is expecting or believing they're entitled to anything? I'm not. But the fact is that we are capable of being a top-six side. Look at St Johnstone with their Creggs and Hasselbainks, Ross County with their Lawsons and Brittains... we deemed almost all of these players not good enough for us yet they've gone on to better things while we fight one relegation battle after another. Granted, some took a step back to take a step forward again, but they've still ended up in a better place. Now, I'm being selective, and plenty of other players have gone on to nothing. But the point I'm making is that we have had and can have the standard of player capable of achieving a top six finish, a European place. Yet, we don't seem to be able to get the most out of these players while they're at our club. We have to ask why that is the case.

I realise that point 1 and point four can be contradictory. Is our current team good enough, but the club just aren't getting enough out of them? Perhaps. But something has got to change, one way or the other, before we'll progress.

I think you're missing the point silly balls. If we have 4 centre backs at present we need to get rid of one before we can sign another. This is why I'm assuming lee mair was asked to find another club. The point is we don't have the budget to have 5 players playing In the same position

I think you're missing the point silly balls. If we have 4 centre backs at present we need to get rid of one before we can sign another. This is why I'm assuming lee mair was asked to find another club. The point is we don't have the budget to have 5 players playing In the same position

Hmm - Connor Newton, John McGinn, Kenny McLean, Jon Robertson, Jim Goodwin and Gary Harkins would suggest that you are wrong.

If you went into a supermarket and bought a pizza then when you opened it up there was only 1/2 inside you'd be pretty p*ssed off!

Same goes for those who have bought season tickets to find out we're going to be making do with a team that has gaps all over the place needing filled!

Is it the same though?

Do you bring your kids up to eat the same pizza?

Do you and your mates indulge in banter over your differing pizza choices?

Do you get pissed before eating your pizza and then spend hours in online debates about what your pizza was like and how everybody else seems to have a better pizza than you?

Do you wear t-shirts declaring your love and support for your pizza?

Do you get upset when the BBC and Sky show every other pizza but yours?

Do you make up songs about your pizza and then get all huffy because others think that's a wee bit too weird?

Actually I think it's only when you genuinely compare products like this that you realise how infantile supporting football is.