Gretna Friendly

FTOF

I'd much rather the 'keeper that was brought in as first choice [Cornell] is given more time to work with our defence.

Agree, after finally summoning the nerve to watch the highlights v ICT I wouldn't blame him for the second the passback was woefully short, his positioning at the third was maybe a bit iffy but one of our CD's should've been tighter I wouldn't say either were primarily his fault.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Agree, after finally summoning the nerve to watch the highlights v ICT I wouldn't blame him for the second the passback was woefully short, his positioning at the third was maybe a bit iffy but one of our CD's should've been tighter I wouldn't say either were primarily his fault.

I agree on both counts.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Black & White Army mobile app

Grainger definitely sold Cornell short, but FFS, all Cornell needed to do was to thunder his boot right through the thing. If he had done, his momentum would probably have seen the advancing ICT forward wiped out - Brucie bonus. I don't think Cornell 'shat it', but it was a massive big girl's blouse moment for him. The ball and the ICT player should both have ended up flying over the Kessock Bridge.

Grainger definitely sold Cornell short, but FFS, all Cornell needed to do was to thunder his boot right through the thing. If he had done, his momentum would probably have seen the advancing ICT forward wiped out - Brucie bonus. I don't think Cornell 'shat it', but it was a massive big girl's blouse moment for him. The ball and the ICT player should both have ended up flying over the Kessock Bridge.

I just wonder if the command to "play football" was ringing in his ear... he could easily have put his laces through it and out for a throw... but he hesitated and seemed to try a pass instead.

Early days for him... but I am expecting better from him.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Black & White Army mobile app

Edited by BuddieinEK

I just wonder if the command to "play football" was ringing in his ear... he could easily have put his laces through it and out for a throw... but he hesitated and seemed to try a pass instead. Early days for him... but I am expecting better from him. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Black & White Army mobile app

Yes it is early days and he needs to bed in with his new team, but he's already been a big wuss' with a pass back, beaten from distance and let in a Vanzy own goal.

Welcome to St Mirren. 1eye.gif

Similar to the second Newcastle goal in that respect. He could have kept coming but seemed to pull out (MATRON!)

Robbo Was everywhere in the 2nd half Teale spent more time at right back than Robbo. Wasnt tested defensively but won the pen for the first, crossed for he 2nd.

Mcginn had half the park in the first half and didnt get the ball. Should have scored more but trying to walk the ball in in second half. Vanzy came on for Conor at half time and Kelly for Grainger with 10 mins left.

Number 10 for Gretna was their standout and was pretty skillful.

Robbo Was everywhere in the 2nd half Teale spent more time at right back than Robbo. Wasnt tested defensively but won the pen for the first, crossed for he 2nd.

Mcginn had half the park in the first half and didnt get the ball. Should have scored more but trying to walk the ball in in second half. Vanzy came on for Conor at half time and Kelly for Grainger with 10 mins left.

Number 10 for Gretna was their standout and was pretty skillful.

Plan Djerry.gif

Edited by insaintee