Newton Rejoins On Loan

Club usually wait and post all their signing news at the same time !

This is all the signing news they have just now, though.

We still have to see off competition from other clubs for Campbell, who knows how long that saga will last. Hopefully Newton joining will sway him towards joining us.

Edited by Murray7

Why would you want him to play right back when we are crying out for a defensive midfielder? Were you even at Inverness on Saturday?

No I wasnt at Inverness, Goodwins a defensive midfielder, I know people want him at center back but we have 3 center backs ( 4 if you count naismith ) so I see no reason why he cant play his normal position, whereas we dont have a great right back, vanzy is suspended and for the last season has looked like the weak link in the team and he's getting older and not any better sadly, barrons not very good and always out injured so I'd say to have a good right back and sort out the leaky defense is a good way to go which is where I'd play Newton.

He's a fantastic player who i didnt think we would see back, if you had given me the choice of Newton or Dummet to return it would be Newton everyday!!

Have to agree, though Dummet looked good for NUFC last week.

We now have Grainger, who, when fully match fit, will be a more than able left back.

Newton is a great player, I'm delighted by this news.

No I wasnt at Inverness, Goodwins a defensive midfielder, I know people want him at center back but we have 3 center backs ( 4 if you count naismith ) so I see no reason why he cant play his normal position, whereas we dont have a great right back, vanzy is suspended and for the last season has looked like the weak link in the team and he's getting older and not any better sadly, barrons not very good and always out injured so I'd say to have a good right back and sort out the leaky defense is a good way to go which is where I'd play Newton.

You make one of the important points, Goodwin is indeed a defensive midfielder , IMO he shouldn't be playing in the back four just because he can get by playing there. A new experienced central defender should be brought in ,thus enabling Goodwin to play the position that got him his lucrative contract in the first place.

Newcastle are not lending us players to develop them into playing out of position, while he might play the odd game for newcastle u21's there, the boys a midfielder and thats where we need him. Goodwin does not have the pace to play midfield anymore and McGregor is not ready for a comeback, Naismith needs to be bedded in slowly to the defence, not dropped in at the deep end.

You make one of the important points, Goodwin is indeed a defensive midfielder , IMO he shouldn't be playing in the back four just because he can get by playing there. A new experienced central defender should be brought in ,thus enabling Goodwin to play the position that got him his lucrative contract in the first place.

Goodwin has not been good in midfield since he got injured a year ago (in January) and signed his new contract. He reads the game far better in defence.

Goodwin has not been good in midfield since he got injured a year ago (in January) and signed his new contract. He reads the game far better in defence.

He's a defender on his Granny's side. He's a midfielder and does a good job when he's the sitting midfielder , he is never a defender , too much of a liability and takes too many chances.