Newton Rejoins On Loan

If we get Campbell then I reckon that place is on the bench, there's no way we'd drop Thompson for Campbell so they would play together leaving Teale, Newton, McGinn and McGowan in midfield, you wouldn't drop any of them for Harkins would you? He threw the toys out the pram at Killie for being dropped, lets hope similar doesn't happen here.

How do you work out we wont drop either Thompson or Teale? Both are nearly 35, i would have no problem dropping either if they werent doing the business, harkins is a very good player aswel.

How do you work out we wont drop either Thompson or Teale? Both are nearly 35, i would have no problem dropping either if they werent doing the business, harkins is a very good player aswel.

Thompson and Teale will of course be dropped if they are playing poorly - same as any other player. The difference with them and Harkins is that we know exactly where Thompson and Teale are effective for us - Thompson leading the line, Teale out right in front of DVZ. The Harkins 'jigsaw piece' puzzle is an entirely different matter. I genuinely believe Danny doesn't know what to do with him. It's Dougie Imrie all over again.

Have you ever bought a jigsaw and been pissed off when there is a bit missing?

Whether any St. Mirren player is one of the four corners of that jigsaw or the bit in the very middle, they are all bits of the St. Mirren jigsaw.

Our management team believe John Robertson has a role to play in our "jigsaw" and therefore good luck to the player.

Eh?

I suppose if you thought you were looking at an analogy you would buy some ointment for it.

Newton to provide a platform on which McGowan and McGinn can be more forward thinking. Sounds good to me, just need someone to tell Gary Harkins that his new nickname at the club will be 'Dougie Imrie'.

I thought the same, who's going to drop out to make room for Newton? I suppose Reilly is the obvious candidate with McGowan playing off Thommo. However, what if Campbell signs? Then who drops out?

I thought the same, who's going to drop out to make room for Newton? I suppose Reilly is the obvious candidate with McGowan playing off Thommo. However, what if Campbell signs? Then who drops out?

Whoever is playing shite. There's a few there and they are all droppable.

• 2 weeks later...