The Vegan, Plastic & Climate Change Fecking Fanatics

shull

13 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Who to believe, David Attenborough or Shull?  :1eye

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-46398057

I'm not inclined to believe either.

I'd prefer to hear from the people who are modelling the predicted outcomes and driving the science behind all of this.

I do like Attenborough but I'm not really interested in his views on this.

Edited by oaksoft

12 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I'm not inclined to believe either.

I'd prefer to hear from the people who are modelling the predicted outcomes and driving the science behind all of this.

I do like Attenborough but I'm not really interested in his views on this.

I'd choose to be interested in Attenborough as I'm pretty sure he's not making it up and has listened to many views. 

While he's not sitting somewhere with piles of data he's seen the results with is own eyes, more powerful for many. 

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I'd choose to be interested in Attenborough as I'm pretty sure he's not making it up and has listened to many views. 

While he's not sitting somewhere with piles of data he's seen the results with is own eyes, more powerful for many. 

I can't understand why any individual who has kids or grandkids that will live in the future environment that we're creating, can be flippant or dismissive regarding the effects of climate change.

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I can't understand why any individual who has kids or grandkids that will live in the future environment that we're creating, can be flippant or dismissive regarding the effects of climate change.

Agreed but the slight problem is that some "ideas" are extreme and are pretty unlikely, therefore turning a serious issue into a joke.

It's akin to H&S, very important but taken to such a level it loses it's importance.

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I think that is a wise choice for anyone who lacks the science background and for once I actually don't mean that in a patronising way.

I'm talking about my personal choice for a source of data because I can follow the scientific papers.

For other people having the likes of Attenborough involved will have a much greater impact on society than some twat of a politician.

This issue is gaining greater momentum now and what grabs my attention is scientists moving away from ever increasing horror stories to a position where they are saying that we might well be out of time now. I think that message is focussing a lot of minds. Science has been talking about this for decades, nobody has listened and now it might all be too late. Try thinking about that whilst looking at your kids. Makes you feel sick.

Edited by oaksoft

A slightly surprising fact about Polar Bears is that they actually have black skin underneath their white coats, which helps them to soak up the suns rays and keep warm. One to confuse the racists. Also they can sniff out potential food from 16km away! :mellow: 

2 hours ago, Doakes said:

A slightly surprising fact about Polar Bears is that they actually have black skin underneath their white coats, which helps them to soak up the suns rays and keep warm. One to confuse the racists. Also they can sniff out potential food from 16km away! :mellow: 

Good grief, someone back on topic.

I don't think that I would like to eat Polar Bear.

Both Black Bear and Grizzly are edible, but tend to reflect what they last ate. So if a Grizzly eats salmon (which is quite common from July through August) then the meat tastes quite fishy but if you get it after berry eating time it's not unpleasant. Black Bear is a bit closer to venison (I'm told) and their diet is probably more even across the season, though maybe not at mating time (the rut).

So if you follow the logic, polar bear would be edible, BUT, given it catches and eats seals and dead whales, I think the flesh would be pretty inedible. <_<

14 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

FFS, did you not read Doakes post?? Polar Bears are mixed race!!!

And what's that got to do with rioting in France. Is it bears wearing yellow bibs ? 

Point please regarding Doakes ?