Dons And Hibs Games Moved For Tv.

HSS

A load of shite. Two attractive Saturday 3pm home games fcuked.

For the Aberdeen game - wave goodbye to a large chunk of the excellent Dons traveling support, and for both games - good luck to Campbell trying to sell corporate hospitality places for a Monday night, or a lunchtime kick off in comparision to what were two marketable home 3pm games.

Utter pish.

A load of shite. Two attractive Saturday 3pm home games fcuked.

For the Aberdeen game - wave goodbye to a large chunk of the excellent Dons traveling support, and for both games - good luck to Campbell trying to sell corporate hospitality places for a Monday night, or a lunchtime kick off in comparision to what were two marketable home 3pm games.

Utter pish.

Lunchtime Saturday I'd imagine will be OK. Monday night will be awful!

If it was up to me I'd have all games on a Friday or a Saturday. That gives 3 TV slots per weekend (Friday Night, Saturday Lunchtime and Saturday Evening). Friday nights are better than Mondays- most people can get away early on a Friday and if you want you can have a drink knowing no work is next day etc.

All games can be completed by Saturday at 7pm allowing the BBC to make a nice Saturday night highlights show to showcase our game instead of the English one.

Pigs can fly.

Lunchtime Saturday I'd imagine will be OK. Monday night will be awful!

If it was up to me I'd have all games on a Friday or a Saturday. That gives 3 TV slots per weekend (Friday Night, Saturday Lunchtime and Saturday Evening). Friday nights are better than Mondays- most people can get away early on a Friday and if you want you can have a drink knowing no work is next day etc.

All games can be completed by Saturday at 7pm allowing the BBC to make a nice Saturday night highlights show to showcase our game instead of the English one.

Pigs can fly.

Well I did once meet Lorraine Kelly on a plane bound for London. (Does that count?)lol.gif

As someone just said on the feeshal' forum - why can't the SP(F)L have their computer work out the fixtures pre-season, then before releasing them for general consumption, have the TV companies work out their pre-split games they want to show. THEN release the fixture list and everyone knows the score at least up to the split.

Edited by pozbaird

As someone just said on the feeshal' forum - why can't the SP(F)L have their computer work out the fixtures pre-season, then before releasing them for general consumption, have the TV companies work out their pre-split games they want to show. THEN release the fixture list and everyone knows the score at least up to the split.

Sounds far too sensible for the SPFL to consider sadly.

It will be down to the TV companies wanting to work out the form and which teams are doing well to televise more important games for each team. They'd want to make sure that if St Mirren and Dundee United were having a winner takes all game for the final top 6 place that they weren't televising some dead rubber game of Kilmarnock v Partick Thistle.

ROTFLMFAO ;)

It will be down to the TV companies wanting to work out the form and which teams are doing well to televise more important games for each team. They'd want to make sure that if St Mirren and Dundee United were having a winner takes all game for the final top 6 place that they weren't televising some dead rubber game of Kilmarnock v Partick Thistle.

Don't be daft, there will be no meaningless games in the shiny new SPFL.

pish pish pish .why the f**k do telly companies not just realise that weekends are for football ,cup is midweek ,(tue or wed )and leave us the f**k alone ,now we are being moved and its not even the old scum ,I mean Monday night for f**k sake ???,but then mr Gilmour must have had a hand in voting this through ,,cant remember him asking anybodys opinion though ,piss poor

No point moaning about any of this. Football clubs sold their souls to the devil many, many years ago when they allowed the TV companies to have such an influence.

They're quite happy to take the cash from live TV, and don't really give that much of a f**k how it affects the fans.

The TV companies CERTAINLY don't give a f**k about us.

No point moaning about any of this. Football clubs sold their souls to the devil many, many years ago when they allowed the TV companies to have such an influence.

They're quite happy to take the cash from live TV, and don't really give that much of a f**k how it affects the fans.

The TV companies CERTAINLY don't give a f**k about us.

Agree with you all the way on that one LS.

No surprises here.

The thing is, we all moan about it but continue to buy season tickets or roll up on the day/evening and hand over our cash in any event. There isn't a great deal of point greeting about it when we all actively collude.

That said, it is most certainly a piss-poor state of affairs.

No surprises here.

The thing is, we all moan about it but continue to buy season tickets or roll up on the day/evening and hand over our cash in any event. There isn't a great deal of point greeting about it when we all actively collude.

That said, it is most certainly a piss-poor state of affairs.

Totally agree Drew... we as a club signed up to it, like others, showing where our priorities lie.

I have said for years that chasing the tv cash cow is what will ultimately bring the game to its knees and force other clubs to go to the wall.

Year by year, more and more fans are becoming disillusioned and are lost to the game.

Clubs don't try to get them back because they have tv cash... Mr Doncaster seems to see chasing extra tv cash as his raison d'etre!

Eventually, TV companies will wisen up and realise that they are putting too much cash into a game in terminal decline and reduce their offers substantially... by which time clubs will have fewer paying customers to help them ride out the storm!!!

Clubs need to start budgeting NOW for reduced tv cash because it will happen!

Clubs need to start listening TO fans and trying to attract more back to the game because they will need them.

For me a big issue with this is the unfairness in the number of home v away games televised.

Even if you take Celtic (and previously Rangers) out of the equation, I think for every 1 away game we have televised, we probably have 5 at home.

Actually, the last away league game I can remember being televised was Aberdeen about 20 years ago, but I'm sure there must have been some since???

For me a big issue with this is the unfairness in the number of home v away games televised.

Even if you take Celtic (and previously Rangers) out of the equation, I think for every 1 away game we have televised, we probably have 5 at home.

Actually, the last away league game I can remember being televised was Aberdeen about 20 years ago, but I'm sure there must have been some since???

It was always been a bugbear of mine that TV seemed to focus on OF away games protecting their home gates at the expense of ours, the SPL deal whereby the Top 2 teams (effectively the OF) got 66% of the TV revenue while they no longer brought huge number of fans to away games undercut arguments that the OF kept all of us going.

I think the current situation, with Newco's banishment to the lower divisions has left TV companies scrabbling around for games they would not normally televise, will only be temporary and hopefully we can go back to being irrelevant diddies in a couple of seasons time.

Totally agree Drew... we as a club signed up to it, like others, showing where our priorities lie.

I have said for years that chasing the tv cash cow is what will ultimately bring the game to its knees and force other clubs to go to the wall.

Year by year, more and more fans are becoming disillusioned and are lost to the game.

Clubs don't try to get them back because they have tv cash... Mr Doncaster seems to see chasing extra tv cash as his raison d'etre!

Eventually, TV companies will wisen up and realise that they are putting too much cash into a game in terminal decline and reduce their offers substantially... by which time clubs will have fewer paying customers to help them ride out the storm!!!

Clubs need to start budgeting NOW for reduced tv cash because it will happen!

Clubs need to start listening TO fans and trying to attract more back to the game because they will need them.

On the plus side , when that does happen we have the infrastructure with stadium and training facilities in place already.

If we add into that we are being sensible on the salary front , we are reasonably well placed as it stands to survive.

The clammer for us to splash the cash in the transfer window is not a sustainable way to do business.

We use the non budgeted extra income from cup run and tv to run our facilities and build a future behind the scenes , which is exactly the correct way forward for our club so when the TV cash reduces I for one am grateful we are using what we are getting at the moment wisely , of that means odd kick off times then so be it.

This is still a good time to be a buddie.