Queen Of The South V St Mirren League Cup Round 2

shull

Yeah , looking at Danny just now , a poor early league run followed by a cup defeat would probably mean the end , one way or another. Hope not though , I'd much rather have a run of victories , but right now I cant see where they would come from !

The same place our Cup win came from. 6 league defeats in a row. Then someone made this "where will they come from" comment and suddenly only Celtic gave us trouble for months.

I agree Billy, If Lennon is doing well, then the team must be doing well, And I hope that is the case this season, But Lennon has gave us nothing to be optimistic about in our league perfomances, ( before some bores say it, YES IT WAS GREAT TO WIN THE CUP) But we need our league performances to be better,

Absolutely nobody on here would disagree but how many times do you need to keep rattling out this line?

49th time is the charm?

Really want us to make a decent fist of defending this.

Danny's record in cups is remarkably consistent. We have been to at least the quarter finals in five cup competitions in a row - dating back to his first season in charge. Granted we have lost 4 of those quarter finals but getting to the last 8 five times running is a remarkable record, which is matched only by Celtic.

Would love to see us get to at least that stage again, will be remarkably difficult to even get there however. This fixture is probably most difficult tie we could have gotten at this stage.

If we do get through though, due to our terrible league finish last year we will not be seeded in the last 16 - so we will be guaranteed an SPL team who finished above us (not Thistle) in the next round if we win in Dumfries.

Of course we were seeded last year when we won it - because we finished 8th the year before - that's why we got 2 SFL teams in the early rounds.

Lets hope Danny can make it 6 quarter finals in a row, would be mightily impressive if he did.

QOS website says tickets can be bought from ticket office prior to game (just like our current set up). However does anybody know if this applies to saints fans also i.e. can we turn up on the night and get a ticket or do we have to get them from the allocation sent to the club ?

I wouldnt worry about who we play in the next round there aint going to be a next round for us we will be well horsed .

You really are the perfect example of the term 'boring record'. You never post anything positive at all and makes me wonder if you are trying to wind people up or you really are that negative. I am sure you will still come on with something negative if we win this game. It will be a hard shift but we are the SPL team and I do not look at friendly results to indicate whether we will win or not.

QOS website says tickets can be bought from ticket office prior to game (just like our current set up). However does anybody know if this applies to saints fans also i.e. can we turn up on the night and get a ticket or do we have to get them from the allocation sent to the club ?

went to the friendly and you had to buy them from ticket office ,which had seperate home and away windows,but would check 1st ,I bought mine online .sent out next day

Let's retain our Trophy.

Cannae make it down there.

Staying in to watch a DVD and have a Chinese Meal.

Post on here the good news, those that are travelling down to Dumfries.

NOW YOU'RE GONNAE BELIEVE US, WE'RE GONNAE WIN THE CUP ( AGAIN )

I'm going, don't go to many away games any more. Looking forward to it about as much as I look forward to the dentist. I'm expecting to see a fitter, more organised, and more tactically aware lower league side rip us another new arse. From us, I'm expecting individual mistakes, a dis-organised backline, players played out of position, snail-like progress forward, with an increasingly frustrated Thompson running around looking for scraps to feed off. I'm also expecting post-match waffle and nonsense from our manager.

2-0 Queens. Needless negativity? Defeatist attitude? Whatever - I'm giving my honest opinion. This is what I expect to see given what I've seen from the manager and team so far this season and pre-season. Nothing - and I mean nothing, I have seen from them has made me think anything other than what I've just posted.

Maybe they'll prove me wrong. The ball is in their court. Get it sorted Danny, FFS.

Bought our tickets today and the lady in the office was sitting with an awfully big pile of tickets in front of her!

We're going because we support the team and it's as simple as that!

Hopefully a couple of new faces on show to welcome to our wonderful club!

And hopefully the start of our revival! :)

I've decided im going to support the team ..... by god they need it at the moment. Don't think the artificial surface suits us either so I think its going to be a big ask on current form. Would get McGinn in the starting eleven, can't understand why he has been left out recently tbh.

Cornell

DVZ McGregor McAusland Grainger

Newton

Teale McGowan Harkins McGinn

Thompson

Enough fannying around... I love Goody and was an advocate of him becoming Captain.

Initially, he was all a captain should be... supporting and encouraging those around him.

Recently, he has become John Potter mk II... berating and belittling others for his stupid and needless mistakes.

Danny needs to send out a message.

Next in the firing line would be Thommo... lone striker or not... lose the attitude and do the job or I would simply start with Reilly up front!

That team and formation... on the front foot from the start... will win the match.

It won't happen though!