Queen Of The South V St Mirren League Cup Round 2

shull

Anything could happen at this game, impossible to call. Personally , I'll take any positive scoreline for us, but in the greater scheme of things if it is a reversal then it's megga bad news for the manager and his prospects.................all a bit meh with the vibe around the club at present

I that a 3-1-4-1-1 formation and without Gary Teale (probably our best player this season)??

Jesus Christ I forgot teale, in that case grainger drops out and teale goes right mid with the rest pushing over to the left 1 place, to be honest I was more concerned with the defensive 4, we need guys playing in there natural positions

QOS website says tickets can be bought from ticket office prior to game (just like our current set up). However does anybody know if this applies to saints fans also i.e. can we turn up on the night and get a ticket or do we have to get them from the allocation sent to the club ?

yeah, one window to do both sets of fans, was chaos at the friendly, so I would get your tkt from St.Mirren

Will be heading down in hope more than expectation. Would have us as slight under dogs going into this, Queens have had a decent start to the season after a magnificent term last year.

Would be fantastic if we could sneak a wee unexpected win and go through.

Danny must surely be starting to feel some sort of pressure with such soulless performances from his team. All the player's playing are his signings. Get in the player's head, get them fired up and start on the front foot taking the game to them and attempting to win the game.

If we lose tomorrow and on Saturday the pressure that will come Danny's way will be massive.

The player's need to up their game, play for each other and cut out the silly mistakes. Our starting 11 isn't actually that bad it's just their application and tactics that are lacking.

2.1 to St Mirren.

Ps Today my mate bought his first season ticket for about 5 seasons. Obviously Danny is doing something right.

Danny must surely be starting to feel some sort of pressure with such soulless performances from his team. All the player's playing are his signings. Get in the player's head, get them fired up and start on the front foot taking the game to them and attempting to win the game.

If we lose tomorrow and on Saturday the pressure that will come Danny's way will be massive.

The player's need to up their game, play for each other and cut out the silly mistakes. Our starting 11 isn't actually that bad it's just their application and tactics that are lacking.

2.1 to St Mirren.

Ps Today my mate bought his first season ticket for about 5 seasons. Obviously Danny is doing something right.

Problem is, they've been coached to f**k around at the back. We get occasional spells of passing, but mostly it's just f**king about whilst the opposition pick up our players. That won't change overnight, just as Danny not knowing how to apply his idea of tactics won't.

Hopefully Danny drops Harkins tomorrow, he certainly should after his performance in Dingwall. He needs to bring back McGinn into the fold, the wee guy is a supreme talent, and he's not a lazy show pony either. It will also free McGowan up to play further forward, and it will also allow McLean to play in his natural position of centre midfield as opposed to fecking left wing, which Danny seems to determined to make him play. Hoping to see us line up:

------------Cornell

Vanzy-Cheesy-Goody-Grainger

-------Newton-McLean

Teale-McGowan-McGinn

----------Thompson

8 of those 11 players started the final last year and played superbly in it, they won't want to give up their medals easily.

Aye, leave our best player out, makes sense,

Read the comment a few above, somehow forgot teale but said put him in, was more worried about the back 4 as that must be changed, no point sticking with a keeper and 4 defenders who seem to be completely lost

Taken a couple of days off work to make this. I'm needing my head examined.

It's unmissable though. Retaining our only League Cup trophy at a ground we never get to visit, in one of Scotland's favourite away day towns? I couldn't not go, regardless of current league form. I'm strangely, and dare I say rather masochistically, looking forward to the game. And what's more is that I think we will win. Never have I been more sure of losing a football game than our Scottish Cup replay at Dingwall in 2012. We won that 2-1 that night as everyone had completely written us off, much like tonight. I think we'll make extremely tough work of it, and it may go to extra time, but I think we'll do it. Just.

I saw Queens play Dundee when Celtic reserves were off gallivanting in the victim derby in Dublin, and I was impressed with them. But they are beatable. I noticed a lot of gaps in their midfield and wide areas periodically, and we need to be diamond-sharp to exploit these. Their goalkeeper, Calum Antell, also looked shaky at every high ball, and practically threw two of those into the net in the late stages of that game. If we can get the ball to Teale (and hopefully Caprice if he plays), get crosses and other aerial balls into the area then we should do ok.

Just a wee warning to Buddies travelling tonight, the seats at Palmerston haven't been cleaned in about three years. They are covered in muck and bird droppings, and are absolutely rank, so either bring tissues or leave your best Armani suit at home.

I've also taken leave of my senses and am heading down tonight.

I'm looking for a repeat of 2005, when we had a Diddy Cup tie at Palmerston on transfer deadline day.

I was sitting in the car par of KFC in Dumfries when it came on the radio that we had signed Charlie Adam and John Sutton.

Adam came on as a sub, we won the tie, and went on to win the cup.

F*ck it, I'm heading straight for KFC to see if I can provoke fate to step in again.