Queen Of The South V St Mirren League Cup Round 2

shull

To answer your question, yes.

Paul McGowan is quite clearly our best player. The fact he's dropped him for such an important game leaves only one possible conclusion:

He's lost the plot.

Or he noticed that Gowser got caught in possession which lost us our first goal on Saturday. Or he has a knock or the fact that he isn't on top form so far this season.

Or he noticed that Gowser got caught in possession which lost us our first goal on Saturday. Or he has a knock or the fact that he isn't on top form so far this season.

The reason he got caught out of possession is because he has been playing out of position. There's been no mention of any knock anywhere and be looked fine on Saturday.

How Harkins start and Gowser is on the bench I simply have no idea.

Danny's all in with this call. If we win fair enough, if we lose...

Or that rather than waste his ability in a holding role whete he himself said players would lose possession from time to time, he would waste him on the bench for a wee change as he was easier to drop and not in the shop window like the less effective McLean?

Is there something in Harkins contract that means he cannot be dropped. McGowan is our heartbeat when played in the correct position. I still reckon we will win but very poor decision unless he has a knock. McGowan showed a bit of loyalty to stay with us this season and Danny is letting him down badly.

Dropping McGowan's a gamble but it may be worth it - he and Harkins can't play in the same team and Harkins is in better form.

On paper that side looks more balanced (as long as he plays McGinn with Newton in the middle and not McLean).

If we get pumped, dropping McGowan will be held up as a mistake.

Personally think we'll get pumped regardless of what team he puts out - we're in a bad rut.

The reason he got caught out of possession is because he has been playing out of position. There's been no mention of any knock anywhere and be looked fine on Saturday.

How Harkins start and Gowser is on the bench I simply have no idea.

Danny's all in with this call. If we win fair enough, if we lose...

Against Killie Harkins was our best player. Gowser was so so.

Dropping McGowan's a gamble but it may be worth it - he and Harkins can't play in the same team and Harkins is in better form.

On paper that side looks more balanced (as long as he plays McGinn with Newton in the middle and not McLean).

If we get pumped, dropping McGowan will be held up as a mistake.

Personally think we'll get pumped regardless of what team he puts out - we're in a bad rut.

Who says Harkins and Gowser cant play in the same team?

I actually think that with Newton sitting just behind them and young McGinn giving pace on the left, it could be a potentially explosive partnership.

I agree about McGowan not being dropped. But I really hope people don't start using it as an excuse to have a go at Gary Harkins. After all, it's not his fault.

Not at all. But fact remains that McGowan is our best player and to win games you play your best players in a system that suits the players at your disposal.

Against Killie Harkins was our best player. Gowser was so so.

No he wasn't, Teale was.

Harkins only started playing when they went down to ten men, as he had space to operate. If we were playing a man up every week Harkins would be a fantastic player, sadly we aren't.

The fact Gowswr has been playing out of position to accommodate the haddie is disgrace enough, the fact he's now been dropped for him...

I fully expect a Harkins hat trick and us to win 3 zip now but even still the point stands :wink:

No he wasn't, Teale was.

Harkins only started playing when they went down to ten men, as he had space to operate. If we were playing a man up every week Harkins would be a fantastic player, sadly we aren't.

The fact Gowswr has been playing out of position to accommodate the haddie is disgrace enough, the fact he's now been dropped for him...

I fully expect a Harkins hat trick and us to win 3 zip now but even still the point stands :wink:

Harkins has scored more goals in the league for us than Teale and Teale is in his 3rd season. To call Harkins a haddie is wrong.