Gretna V Saints Updates

One part of a jigsaw.

Absolutely. Quite an astute move to give him a try out there tonight. Fair play to Danny on that one.

The opposition might not have been a stern test, but the fact that the lad acquitted himself well can only be a positive development.

I suppose "necessity is the mother of invention" but if we're thinking of going into the second game of the season with Robertson presumably playing his first competitive game at RB interesting is not the first adjective that springs to my mind.

Ah, but it does cover a multitude of sins....

A bit of a joke to be trying Robertson out at right back in a friendly match after the feckin season has already started......but it might not be a bad idea!

McGregor up front, Vanzy in goals. Team complete.

Wasn't Robertson injured for the majority of the pre-season?

Anyway, I'm sure he's played there before a couple of seasons ago in a competitive fixture IIRC.

No ones saying he isn't a legend or a good guy.

He's just not very good at football anymore FFS, it happens to every player.

Agreed , he was the weak link last season , legend or not. The fact that Danny hasn't made it a priority to replace him is very worrying !

I think we need a couple of forwards in first.

Then start other areas of the squad.

We have a few options for right back wether any of them are up to it remains to be seen.

But up front we have a 35 year old and no one else

Do we even have the budget to bring in anymore permenant signings? I dont think we do and i think thats why we are heavily relying on newcastle loaning us adam campbell, worrying.

Do we even have the budget to bring in anymore permenant signings? I dont think we do and i think thats why we are heavily relying on newcastle loaning us adam campbell, worrying.

If we brought someone in permanently it would only be for one year any way.