Keep Calm And Play Games!

Guest somner9

Guest somner9

A thread for the knickerwetters really. Having played one league game and a handful of friendlies with an unsettled squad (as in it changes almost daily with key additions) we need to in the words of LoveStreet "Sit Tight" at this moment in time.

Yes we would all have loved DL/The Club to ram in half a dozen decent signings the day after the cull, but in reality:

A: we just don't have the funds to go out and pay the original asking price.

B: We would have missed the gems in our price range we have added (Harkins, Grainger)

C: The playing budget would have been spent so we wouldn't have been in a position to accomodate excellent loan players like Newton (with hopefully one more to come)

D: We actually have a decent squad of defenders, but they all need games right now.

lets explore (D). Grainger has been out for a very long time with an injury, he needs support to bring him back to his best, training to re-build his fitness, stamina and skill level, and as many games as he can get to be able to effectively operate at the level we all know he is capable of.

Ditto for McGregor! who lets not forget was being courted by a number of clubs (on one seasons performance, where he was voted player of the year by at least one supporters club prior to his injuries)

Ditto for Barron, who will never be the best passer of the ball, but always a great, pacy, strong defender to literally smash up an attack.

when these guys get the game time, with the addition of Mair to fill in on injuries/suspension you'll see a much more effective defensive unit built round McCausland's lead. That's the part of his game he now needs to step up to the plate with, leading, decision making and calling the shots for the back line.

We also have a whole new goalkeeping team that needs to bed in, again only games will improve/inspire confidence and consistency

I can see that settling down soon, and would hope DL gets at least another bounce game in before the 17th to help push all of them on. In reality with the exception of McCausland & Goodwin (when not suspended) the others have only minutes of SPL level football between them over the last year!

Think on about that! vanzy will always give his best, it just isn't as consistent as it has previoulsy been.

Sit Tight... Knickerwetters! Things are bubbling away

Guest somner9

Oh good, a whole new thread regurgitating the same old same old all over again.

Knickerwetters blah blah blah.

Only played one league game blah blah blah.

Blah, blah, blah.

Oh good another whineging git blah,blah,blah,blah

Guest somner9

Coming from the guy who started the "Butcher goes for Cheap Cuts" thread your post is quite interesting - Round 1 certainly went to TB and his team of offcuts. Two different approaches and I suppose we'll have to wait till later in the season to see who got it correct.

I reckon we'll be ok, did ICT really play us off the park? Or did we have a collective mare of a game?

We had 3/4 good chances, two in the first half if converted we would have been away. I think Butcher's cheap cuts will give his guts Gyp all season, where as our lean, juicy display will have them queuing round the butcher's block!

A thread for the knickerwetters really. Having played one league game and a handful of friendlies with an unsettled squad (as in it changes almost daily with key additions) we need to in the words of LoveStreet "Sit Tight" at this moment in time.

Yes we would all have loved DL/The Club to ram in half a dozen decent signings the day after the cull, but in reality:

A: we just don't have the funds to go out and pay the original asking price.

B: We would have missed the gems in our price range we have added (Harkins, Grainger)

C: The playing budget would have been spent so we wouldn't have been in a position to accomodate excellent loan players like Newton (with hopefully one more to come)

D: We actually have a decent squad of defenders, but they all need games right now.

lets explore (D). Grainger has been out for a very long time with an injury, he needs support to bring him back to his best, training to re-build his fitness, stamina and skill level, and as many games as he can get to be able to effectively operate at the level we all know he is capable of.

Ditto for McGregor! who lets not forget was being courted by a number of clubs (on one seasons performance, where he was voted player of the year by at least one supporters club prior to his injuries)

Ditto for Barron, who will never be the best passer of the ball, but always a great, pacy, strong defender to literally smash up an attack.

when these guys get the game time, with the addition of Mair to fill in on injuries/suspension you'll see a much more effective defensive unit built round McCausland's lead. That's the part of his game he now needs to step up to the plate with, leading, decision making and calling the shots for the back line.

We also have a whole new goalkeeping team that needs to bed in, again only games will improve/inspire confidence and consistency

I can see that settling down soon, and would hope DL gets at least another bounce game in before the 17th to help push all of them on. In reality with the exception of McCausland & Goodwin (when not suspended) the others have only minutes of SPL level football between them over the last year!

Think on about that! vanzy will always give his best, it just isn't as consistent as it has previoulsy been.

Sit Tight... Knickerwetters! Things are bubbling away

Shut up and go away

And there you have the some of the many other faces of LoveStreet..!

Sorry your wrong pal. lovestreet does not have a monopoly on disliking your threads theres plenty more of us out there that think there crap too. Love street was also the first guy I put on Ignore on this forum so I cant be him.

In fact f**k it you can go on ignore as well as what you have said on this thread is nothing more than an Inconsequential mouth fart. Adios.

Guest somner9

Thats kids for you! Don't even have the stamina of a wannabe wind-up merchant these days. I blame the parents... for not leaving sharp things out when they were wee.

Guest somner9

Sorry your wrong pal. lovestreet does not have a monopoly on disliking your threads theres plenty more Sad Multi Alias f**kers of us out there that think there crap too. Love street was also the first guy I put on Ignore on this forum so I cant can be him or maximillion, Sergio, Saints0 etc... etc.

In fact f**k it you can go on ignore as well as what you have said on this thread is nothing more than an Inconsequential mouth fart. Adios.

Fixed clap.gif

Guest somner9

Does it matter, they were clearly more ready for the opening game.

It does matter! ICT got the rub of the green with a penalty decision, then our defence/keeper gave them two more quick goals. Up till that point we had created the better chances.

As i said above get the defence game time, the keepers settled and with Newton, Harkins and possibly two more additions we'll be a better overall prospect than last season.

last season for varying reasons we were carrying too many wannabes in midfield, now that's been cut back and the focus has gone on forming a stronger back line. Cheesy in his position needs to step forward (literally) and lead it, Goodwin should be there as his support now!

It does matter! ICT got the rub of the green with a penalty decision, then our defence/keeper gave them two more quick goals. Up till that point we had created the better chances.

As i said above get the defence game time, the keepers settled and with Newton, Harkins and possibly two more additions we'll be a better overall prospect than last season.

last season for varying reasons we were carrying too many wannabes in midfield, now that's been cut back and the focus has gone on forming a stronger back line. Cheesy in his position needs to step forward (literally) and lead it, Goodwin should be there as his support now!

I disagree, we lost the match and that's the end of it. We'll probably be going into the Killie game with a RB untested at this level not to mention we have still to sign either a partner for Thompson (Isma) or a reliable back-up support (Parkin). I would much rather be in ICT's current position than ours.

Guest somner9

I disagree, we lost the match and that's the end of it. We'll probably be going into the Killie game with a RB untested at this level not to mention we have still to sign either a partner for Thompson (Isma) or a reliable back-up support (Parkin). I would much rather be in ICT's current position than ours.

If losing the game is "the end of it"... why would you "much rather be in ICT's current position"..? whistling.gif

We will sign a new forward be it a loanee or an out of contract player this month. as regards RB well we've got plenty of options to cover that amongst the current squad, as we have forwards. They are SMFC players, they are there to play and fill in where needed.

I would much rather be in our position at the end of the season than that of ICT's

Sorry but had to have a chuckle at Parkin as reliable back up support, he couldn't score with a £50 note tied to his tadger when we had him.

Edited by somner9

If losing the game is "the end of it"... why would you "much rather be in ICT's current position"..? whistling.gif

That's why I used a full stop,it should be the end of discussion about that game - you can always make excuses for a single game but lest face it over the last season and a half there have been too many "bad days at the office" and even more excuses as to why they occurred.

I'd rather be in ICT's position because they would appear to have a settled squad for the season who understand the managers tactics, and have a better overall league record than us since they returned to the top flight.

Sorry but had to have a chuckle at Parkin as reliable back up support, he couldn't score with a £50 note tied to his tadger when we had him.

Parkin came as cheep & cheerfull backup scored a few goals and left with a LC Winners medal - I'll always remember him fondly. cloud9.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker

Guest somner9

That's why I used a full stop,it should be the end of discussion about that game - you can always make excuses for a single game but lest face it over the last season and a half there have been too many "bad days at the office" and even more excuses as to why they occurred.

I'd rather be in ICT's position because they would appear to have a settled squad for the season who understand the managers tactics, and have a better overall league record than us since they returned to the top flight.

Parkin came as cheep & cheerfull backup scored a few TWO goals and left with a LC Winners medal - I'll always remember him fondly. cloud9.gif

Fixed clap.gif

I'd rather win the league cup, but each to his own.