Keep Calm And Play Games!

Guest somner9

It does matter! ICT got the rub of the green with a penalty decision, then our defence/keeper gave them two more quick goals. Up till that point we had created the better chances.

As i said above get the defence game time, the keepers settled and with Newton, Harkins and possibly two more additions we'll be a better overall prospect than last season.

last season for varying reasons we were carrying too many wannabes in midfield, now that's been cut back and the focus has gone on forming a stronger back line. Cheesy in his position needs to step forward (literally) and lead it, Goodwin should be there as his support now!

We had? Were you at the game? We never created one clear cut chance. Goodwins long range free kick was the only decent effort at goal we had. The problem we have is this:

Danny signed Harkins to replace McGowan, then McGowan stayed. Now Danny doesn't know how to accommodate both players in the same ling up. He decided to play McGowan deep in the Newton/Old Goodwin role against ICT with Harkins in the hole behind Thommo - Gowsers normal position.

This resulted in us being totally over ran in midfield as McGowan and McGinn are not exactly renowned for their ability to win the ball. It also nullified our attacking threat as Harkins is nowhere near as good a player as Gowser, his link up play with Teale, Reilly and Thommo was of a dreadful standard and as such we never really troubled the home defence.

The good news is we have signed Newton. This means we can have a central midfield three of Newton, McGowan and McGinn, the same three which won us the semi and the final. This obviously nudges Harkins out, which is a good thing in my opinion as i don't believe he's nearly as good as the aforementioned three. He can compete with Reilly/Campbell/Another new signing for the wide left position

Sorry but had to have a chuckle at Parkin as reliable back up support, he couldn't score with a £50 note tied to his tadger when we had him.

Sam Parkin scored on his Exeter City debut last week.

Career record of 110 league goals in 289 starts, including a prolific spell of 68 goals in 122 starts for Swindon, including games in the Championship, which earned him a move to Ipswich Town for a fee of £550,000. Injury then blighted his progress but he still scored goals on a regular basis after that.

Scored 3 goals for St. Mirren in 15 starts. He scored in the League Cup at Pittodrie as well as creating Kenny McLean's goal. Without that contribution we wouldn't have won the League Cup.

He was an experienced, proven goalscorer who provided direct cover for Steven Thompson and was also able to play alongside him.

What happens if Thompson is out now?

Why don't you and Isabella make plans for the first division next seson and let the rest of us look forward to the battle for top six?.....Deal?

If that's an attempt to make me bite, it's not worked my friend.

Don't know what it is about any posts I've made on this thread that makes you think I'm being negative in any way!?

Take a breath before you post next time!

No problem buddie.

Remember, I was having a laugh at Hearts expense. Nothing whatsoever to do with us.

For what it's worth, I think we'll finish 9th this season.

Ill agree with that.

Hibs, thistle and hearts will be looking up at us in may. Hopefully Ross County and ICT too if we get a couple more faces in to bolster defence and a mate for tommo.

No, I just meant that I reckon Hearts, Killie and Motherwell will all go bust during the season!!

No idea why you mention Motherwell.(joke.... cool).Hearts as we know depend upon Lithuanian lawlol.gif ......Killie is a cracker!...Have you heard Ann Gloag wants to buy the stadium for redevelopment....Bus company's eh who owns them?

I think Hearts, Hibs, Ross County, thistle and us will all be fighting to avoid the bottom 2 spots. I think it will be quite close at the end.

Based on what ? blind faith !!! thistle already have 4 points,god knows how long it will take us to reach that,hibs will sack fenlon ,get a bounce and add new players as necessary.we are looking at a battle for the play off spot with county at best , its not beyond hearts to catch us unless we see some new faces ,and quickly